Lt. Commander
Lately, I decided running TISN because I need one accolade.
All of The Infected Space normal. It was like chaos.
1) Nobody says "hi" or "hello" or something like this.
2) After cube and spheres. They went on the left side but they ignore the sphere on the transformers.
3) No one cares about team. They shoot the node and sometimes there are 3 guys shooting one node and they don't realize there are 3 nodes left.
4) as sheep. After shooting nodes. They still ignore spheres and nanites to shoot the transformer.
5) they do the same for the right side.
6) they shoot the gate. Sometimes two are fighting with the cube while 3 are trying to kill the gate.
7) when it's time killing the Tac cube. It's show of federation ship blowing up.
At the end. Only one edc and rubbish loot.
What's wrong with people with TISN?
It's really weird because for example this kind of chaos is not regular for The Cure Space Normal...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Cure is by far the 'easiest' of the STFs, so you get a lot of newbies. As far as those complaints go... Yeah, that sounds like basic situational unawareness and new player syndrome. You noticed the nanite probes, go shoot them. Lead by example. Talk to them.

You still won. So, chaos aside, you at least got the stuff. There will be better rewards once the featured episodes are finished and the weekly STF bonus day comes back.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Maybe the cure is the easiest but I didn't notice so much crazy players. For the infected space normal. It's really crazy. Can you imagine 3 player shoting a node and they ignore 3 left. When they shoot the node they are trying to shot the transformer. Of course spheres nanites come in. And all of the pug come in hell dance with spheres and spheres anites. And we lost the otpionnals.
Most of time there is a vet or someone experienced who is trying say what people have to do. But those weird players have their chat closed. They don't listen to. They don't care. No. The Infected Space normal becomes a chaotic stf. It's better to play The Infected space elite. There is less crazy players
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2012, 06:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
2) After cube and spheres. They went on the left side but they ignore the sphere on the transformers.
3) No one cares about team. They shoot the node and sometimes there are 3 guys shooting one node and they don't realize there are 3 nodes left.
4) as sheep. After shooting nodes. They still ignore spheres and nanites to shoot the transformer.
6) they shoot the gate. Sometimes two are fighting with the cube while 3 are trying to kill the gate.
7) when it's time killing the Tac cube. It's show of federation ship blowing up.
It's really weird because for example this kind of chaos is not regular for The Cure Space Normal...
1) ISN. No one calls it TISN. (not even the game)
2) After opening cube/spheres you move left and start to wreck the nanites. Usually someone drops the cube/sphere. If none but you does it, then guess what? you just got elected!
3) You drop all of the nanite generators to 10%, then knock out all of them at once.
4) Once generators are out of the picture you focus fire on the transformer and drop it. You ignore spheres and probes (unless it's a fail group that can't supply the DPS) until it's dead.
5) Clean up the nanite spheres/probes and move to the next transformer (and please TRY not to aggro the gate).
6) Once both transformers are down you bang on the gate.
7) If the cube aggros and moves into range you can engage, lure it into gate and then wreck it (for nice bonus damage to the gate) or have one guy lure it away while you wreck the gate.
8) Win.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxstab View Post
In my world, some people (included me) say TISN.
Anyway. Thanks for your explanation but I don't ask you how to run this such STF. I know how to run it. I'm saying that players do anything. They don't care about the 10% rules. They obviously ignore spheres and nanites. Because they don't teamwork, they shot the transformers eventhough there are 3 nodes left. Because they obviously ignored the sphere. After killing gate and Tac cube, they don't understand why the stf is not ending and they leave to get penality. So then my question. What's wrong with this STF.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
In my world, some people (included me) say TISN.
Anyway. Thanks for your explanation but I don't ask you how to run this such STF. I know how to run it. I'm saying that players do anything. They don't care about the 10% rules. They obviously ignore spheres and nanites. Because they don't teamwork, they shot the transformers eventhough there are 3 nodes left. Because they obviously ignored the sphere. After killing gate and Tac cube, they don't understand why the stf is not ending and they leave to get penality. So then my question. What's wrong with this STF.
In short, nothing.

It's the players, not the STF itself - and there is no avoiding either new players or ignorant ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Quote:
For me sounds like a normal STF PuG run these days. This is usually common and a run with good tactics is the exception. Says a lot about the level of competence and team play of STOs playerbase, doesn't it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
For me sounds like a normal STF PuG run these days. This is usually common and a run with good tactics is the exception. Says a lot about the level of competence and team play of STOs playerbase, doesn't it.
Don't expect much from a game open to the public. Your dealing with the whole spectrum of humanity, good and bad
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
If you're going to do PUGs then it's probably better to do them on Elite these days. Sure the enemies are a bit harder but generally you'll be playing with people who know what to do or are at least open to communication, so they actually end up being easier. Plus you get more EDCs and better rewards, so it's a win win. The alternative is to stick with friends/fleets for your STF gameplay but I realise that is not everyone's thing or not always an option.

I think the issue with normal STF PUGs is that leveling is so fast now. Outside of Fleets this game has never been the pinnacle of team play but now people are getting to end-game in a short space of time with little to no experience of working with others. The majority of PVE encourages the belief that you are the hero and you can take on the universe alone ala Kirk himself, plus there are plenty of people who prefer a solo experience which is their choice and fair enough. However this means that when new players come to STFs for the first time they often have no idea how to communicate and coordinate to complete a mission that REQUIRES a team work together and support one another. Now I don't mean to say that all players are like this, and certainly there are plenty who are eager for advice and direction, and are good at working with others but, as you encountered, there are people who just don't listen. (The people who don't look at the chat window in STFs mystify me.)

We were all new to STFs at one time or another, and the normal STFs are there for people to learn how to do them before moving onto Elite. If you want to continue doing Normal PUGs, offer advice and direction as you have done and be patient with people, chances are they are still learning. If you're in a Fleet and they are not, consider inviting them to it, that way your fleet gains a member and they can learn a thing or two about STFs and team play in general, as well as maybe make a few new friends. As for those who won't listen, they will always be there to some extent. If they don't want to accept help or learn the best approach for these missions, then it is best to ignore them as best you can and don't let them get to you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxstab View Post
2) After opening cube/spheres you move left and start to wreck the nanites. Usually someone drops the cube/sphere. If none but you does it, then guess what? you just got elected!
3) You drop all of the nanite generators to 10%, then knock out all of them at once.
4) Once generators are out of the picture you focus fire on the transformer and drop it. You ignore spheres and probes (unless it's a fail group that can't supply the DPS) until it's dead.
5) Clean up the nanite spheres/probes and move to the next transformer (and please TRY not to aggro the gate).
6) Once both transformers are down you bang on the gate.
7) If the cube aggros and moves into range you can engage, lure it into gate and then wreck it (for nice bonus damage to the gate) or have one guy lure it away while you wreck the gate.
8) Win.
lmao