Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
agreed gloves off, not like premades fly oddys and lockbox ships to beginn with anyways. I m sick n tired of double standards and people holding back. If we want a fun fight, we can agree on rules like it happens before almost every match anyways.

12th fleet deathmatch wasn't to bad and it was clearly marked as gloves off.
99% of my PVPs are with PUGs. And when I go against a premade, they use AMS, GP and the more annoying: lockboxes OP ships.

I use a Science Ship (yes, I am crazy) and I prefer to fight a fleet with AMS than a fleet of PTW ships! At least AMS goes away with Science Team.

So, don’t give me the “we have honor” speech when you use a PTW ship.. worst, a lockbox ship (that make my stomach sick).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
05-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
99% of my PVPs are with PUGs. And when I go against a premade, they use AMS, GP and the more annoying: lockboxes OP ships.

I use a Science Ship (yes, I am crazy) and I prefer to fight a fleet with AMS than a fleet of PTW ships! At least AMS goes away with Science Team.

So, don’t give me the “we have honor” speech when you use a PTW ship.. worst, a lockbox ship (that make my stomach sick).
Trust me, if you faced an actual GOOD premade that chose to all pick up AMS, theta, and the other one that slows your turn rate, and they chained it on you with actual team coordination, you would quickly change your mind about these abilities being easy to deal with. There are some ok premades currently using these tactics to try to compete with better premades, but we can all be thankful that a fleet like the pandas doesn't throw together a cheese2win premade setup and really give e1 something to complain about.

I can't argue that the ody isn't a +1 ship however. Can't speak as to the bortas, but from what I've seen, I think I'd take the ody in a support role on a team over the bortas
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
05-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Trust me, if you faced an actual GOOD premade that chose to all pick up AMS, theta, and the other one that slows your turn rate, and they chained it on you with actual team coordination, you would quickly change your mind about these abilities being easy to deal with. There are some ok premades currently using these tactics to try to compete with better premades, but we can all be thankful that a fleet like the pandas doesn't throw together a cheese2win premade setup and really give e1 something to complain about.
I never said it was easy to deal with AMS! ¿Did you reed what I said?
"At least AMS goes away with Science Team." My advice to you is that if you are going to counter another user argument, at least reed it first.

And yes, I face premade of famous fleet with lockboxes ships! Like I said, AMS cost 5 dollars, lockboxes OP ships cost a average of 300 or 400 dollars. ¿Who paid more to win?
Ody and bortas cost 15 dollars ¿who paid more to win?

Anyway, I will stay on my useless Science ship that I choose to play just for the fact that is beautiful and Canon. But don’t try to tell me that premade don’t pay to win, ¿they don’t need it? We agree, they probably can kill a PUG team with shuttles, but they use it nevertheless.

Btw.. I am out of the discussion, not in the mood today.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
05-23-2012, 10:26 AM
the problem is that stuff is a cancer killing the fun of pvp. it was more fun before that stuff existed. more people having the stuff would make it worse
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
05-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
I can just imagine the rage
wait dont u have every lockbox and c store ship in the game? yeah, you do. so u fly your dkora andjem ship, and ill wipe your whoile team in one volley of iso. fair deal? too bad thats the way it is now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
05-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Do you really want the good fleets to start using AMS/GravPulse/... en masse?
your toon using plasm leech wasnt enough in our duel? seeing you use that went a long way to change my mind about p2w. p2w is here to stay imma use whatever it takes.

bring your ams. bring your impulse. bring your p2w. MY P2W IS STRONGER THAN YOURS
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
05-23-2012, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
your toon using plasm leech wasnt enough in our duel? seeing you use that went a long way to change my mind about p2w.
You forget the part where I offered to take it off because I felt it wasn't right to use it in a 1v1. You declined.

This entire "p2w is fine" sounds a lot like all the players who were claiming that New FAW™ was fine because they had never faced players who knew how to use it to its full extent.

And in the end it's not so much about paying, it's about fun. Is a match with excessive AMS/GravPulse really what increases your fun?


And I'm still shouting at Kai in vent when he uses his consoles unprovoked... I guess I should instead start encouraging him or even get some myself?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
05-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
So, don’t give me the “we have honor” speech when you use a PTW ship.. worst, a lockbox ship (that make my stomach sick).
Best to head your own advice, since you missed my point. The double standard is prentending that all lockbox c-store oddys are ok, but broken consoles are P2W. I know how many oddyes i see with premade teams.

and just for the record. I do NOT own, and never have, a lockbox ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
My advice to you is that if you are going to counter another user argument, at least reed it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the problem is that stuff is a cancer killing the fun of pvp. it was more fun before that stuff existed. more people having the stuff would make it worse
And we all are free to agree to rules when we set up private matches. On the other side contantly having some lockbox pilot, DOff lottery winner/ console addict, scream at me in vent, because he frowns on one console and not the other is annoying as ****, and sucks the fun out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Trust me, if you faced an actual GOOD premade that chose to all pick up AMS, theta, and the other one that slows your turn rate, and they chained it on you with actual team coordination, you would quickly change your mind about these abilities being easy to deal with.
I can't argue that the ody isn't a +1 ship however. Can't speak as to the bortas, but from what I've seen, I think I'd take the ody in a support role on a team over the bortas
NO offence fallout, but you overestimate the fun of pugs being slaughter by actual good premades with or without oddys, or how much difference the HOW makes here.

I think you are more concerned what two team facing each other would look like, not much fun, lots of cheese and i agree. Hence, let's agree on stuff before proper matches.

If stuff is broken and unfun, its upon Cryptic to fix it, and the only way they are going to see it is by seeing it in the queues. I m tired of all the cheese as anybody else, but I'm even more tired of all the QQ and double standards surrounding it. Gloves off in the queues, if you go in as a team or pug.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaavvaahh
Best to head your own advice, since you missed my point. The double standard is prentending that all lockbox c-store oddys are ok, but broken consoles are P2W. I know how many oddyes i see with premade teams.

Maybe my post wasn’t clear, but I agree with you
Like you said, to me PTW ships are the same (or like I said even worst) than PTW consoles.

But hell, some fleets think that they are honest because they don’t use PTW consoles but they use PTW ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
05-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom

And I'm still shouting at Kai in vent when he uses his consoles unprovoked... I guess I should instead start encouraging him or even get some myself?
Yes. Stop with the self-restraint. Show how nasty this stuff is so it's stop being theorycrafting by over-concerned PvP whiners but a genuine problem.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:55 AM.