Lt. Commander
# 1 Why?
06-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Can the devs speed up the shield distribution rate? I always try to redistribute my shield strength to cover the hole punch in on one shield face, but it's too slow to keep up wit the rate of fire from cannons or beams.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
Can the devs speed up the shield distribution rate? I always try to redistribute my shield strength to cover the hole punch in on one shield face, but it's too slow to keep up wit the rate of fire from cannons or beams.
You have Boffs and they have skills. Use them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Tactical Team I works for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianalliance View Post
You have Boffs and they have skills. Use them.
A fundamental flaw in your argument is the original poster does not believe in changing his tactics to suit the game but in changing the game to suit his tactics.

Tac Team, Emergency Power to Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Rotate Shield Frequencies (Eng Cap only) Shield Batteries, Evasive Manuvers or Deutrium Surplus, Brace for Impact with a Shield Distro DOFF, Transfer Shield Strength, Jam Sensors.

All these are ways of getting around the problem, I don't think I even covered them all. Yet none are good enough for Alexin so the game must be changed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-06-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
A fundamental flaw in your argument is the original poster does not believe in changing his tactics to suit the game but in changing the game to suit his tactics.

Tac Team, Emergency Power to Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Rotate Shield Frequencies (Eng Cap only) Shield Batteries, Evasive Manuvers or Deutrium Surplus, Brace for Impact with a Shield Distro DOFF, Transfer Shield Strength, Jam Sensors.

All these are ways of getting around the problem, I don't think I even covered them all. Yet none are good enough for Alexin so the game must be changed.
Makes since to me...:p
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-06-2012, 04:39 AM
I’ve never really had a problem with this, i use tactical team to automatically distribute my shields to incoming fire and i find it works really well as is. Combining this “power” with using some of my skill points to improve energy transfer rates in my Toons natural progression skills table (I forget which one) but also some consoles help with this too, such as an EPS Relay for example.

I’ve also discovered that assigning the correct Doffs to space duty helps a lot, i have a shield distributions officer that has a chance to give a shield strength boost just after i hit “Brace for impact” . . thats come in handy at times . . until last night i seriously underestimated Doff buffs, but they do help.

As mentioned above, boosting shield strength with other powers TSS, RSP in conjunction with Tactical team has helped me out of some tough scrapes . . and personally i think it’s a really powerful tool to use as is, and doesn’t need tweaking.

Only my opinion though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Makes since to me...
i seriously got stomach ache, i laughed so hard!
I take it you followed recent arguments and posts by the OP.
Since everything important about this subject has been said, it makes nosense to repeat it!

Looking forward to his next complain! c u all there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-06-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
i seriously got stomach ache, i laughed so hard!
I take it you followed recent arguments and posts by the OP.
Since everything important about this subject has been said, it makes nosense to repeat it!

Looking forward to his next complain! c u all there.
Some types of folks stand out when you read gaming forums...

I knew a certain pro-football player who bought a house, then bought an SUV which was simply too large to fit all the way into his garage. Now most people would have either parked it on the street or returned it for a smaller vehicle.

But what did he do?

He spent over $30k to have his garage raised 2ft and extend by 3ft. It just never occured to him to adapt to the situation rather than spend a fortune bending the situation to his will. but at least in his case, he could have it the way he wanted because it only affected him. Not so in an MMO. Some times, just as in real life, you have to suck it up and learn to adapt.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-06-2012, 05:53 AM
Quote:
I knew a certain pro-football player who bought a house, then bought an SUV which was simply too large to fit all the way into his garage. Now most people would have either parked it on the street or returned it for a smaller vehicle.

But what did he do?

He spent over $30k to have his garage raised 2ft and extend by 3ft. It just never occured to him to adapt to the situation rather than spend a fortune bending the situation to his will. but at least in his case, he could have it the way he wanted because it only affected him. Not so in an MMO. Some times, just as in real life, you have to suck it up and learn to adapt.
this thread gets better and better, thx man!
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-06-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23
Tactical Team I works for me.
Agreed, I have two Tactical Teams and regenerative shields fills those holes in the shields quick.