Lt. Commander
Anyone get anything other that a Ferenguy box in your "Mystery Box" which by the way is no longer a mystery for me. So far, out of well over 250 boxex I only got to ticket for XP boost (real useful for a Vice Admiral by the way) and a common or uncommon useless weapon .

Come on Criptic, I don't want those damn boxes, at least put something else in there so its worth something or stop giving them away altogether. That way I'll save a lot of click for nothing, five click a box. 1 right click box, 2 click use, 3 click ok, 4 right click Fer box, 5 DISCARD. In fact I stack the boxes to save at least 2 click a box and then I DISCARD ALL.

What do you guys think.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
In STFs you have mystery boxes that will contain whatever lock boxes are currently dropping. That way they don't have to update the STF loot tables every single time they launch a new box.
It will always contain a single lock box and nothing but. I don't bother opening or stacking them at all.
I just discard them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2012, 02:54 PM
If everyone stopped opening boxes, they'd stop appearing. If you open 250 boxes, you just encourage there to be more boxes. If you think boxes are lame, do your part to make them unprofitable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2012, 03:06 PM
In a previous interview Cryptic stated that when they have enough variety of the "box" ships (Jem'hadar, Galor, D'kora, & future ships to come) they will re-release them via Mystery Boxes. Hence the name Mystery Box because you will have an opportunity, even if it's a very small chance, to receive one of a number of ships. Until that time we will all just have to suffer with the current flavor of the month.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2012, 03:25 PM
logan said the "mystery box" was just designed so that they didn't have to overhaul the STF rewards every time they released a new lockbox, instead it just comes with a mystery box that links to whatever the current lockbox is.