Lt. Commander
# 1 stackable consoles??
06-13-2012, 04:53 PM
If I equip more then one of the same consoles, will the effect bonuses stack, or do I just get the one benefit?
Example: equipping two+18 energy damage. Do i then get just the 18%, or 18 times 2??Is it the same on all in game consoles??
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-14-2012, 02:31 AM
My advice is to buy 2 cheap MK I versions of the consoles you plan to add, and equip them and see what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Damage consoles work together. Two consoles that give +18% each will give a total of +36%.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-14-2012, 03:53 AM
All consoles can stack except Unique ones.

The real question is which have Diminishing Returns.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Damage consoles work together. Two consoles that give +18% each will give a total of +36%.
Great! Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-14-2012, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosCola
If I equip more then one of the same consoles, will the effect bonuses stack, or do I just get the one benefit?
Example: equipping two+18 energy damage. Do i then get just the 18%, or 18 times 2??Is it the same on all in game consoles??
all non unique consoles will stack.

Armor Consoles have diminishing, meaning the first armor mod you get the full listed bonus, the next armor bonus that buffs the same stat you only get Half of that value. The third armor value that buffs the same resistance you only get HALF of the SECOND, meaning you get HALF of the HALF.
i.e. if armor console 1 gives +15%, console 2 will give 7.5%, and console 3 will give 3.75%, etc.

Tactical Weapon buff consoles are stackable and give full bonus.
i.e. disruptor relay gives +26%, second console also gives its full bonus of, so its console 1 + console 2 + etc..

Now it was suspected that the Shield Generator console that gives +18% to shield HP's has a diminishing return, however I generally only run 1, and I have not tested this. To my knowledge however, the only thing the Dev's confirm that has diminishing returns are the armor consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
all non unique consoles will stack.

Armor Consoles have diminishing, meaning the first armor mod you get the full listed bonus, the next armor bonus that buffs the same stat you only get Half of that value. The third armor value that buffs the same resistance you only get HALF of the SECOND, meaning you get HALF of the HALF.
i.e. if armor console 1 gives +15%, console 2 will give 7.5%, and console 3 will give 3.75%, etc.
It is true that armor consoles have diminishing returns, but not the way you describe it.

The values on armor resistance given inthe consoles are all added together normally, but the value is not the final damage resistance value. The value is instead put into a formula that gives the diminishing returns and ensures you can never have more than 75 % hull damage resistance.

Quote:

Q: How do armor consoles work? The number listed on t he console don't seem to be the resistance I get?

A: The armor console displays a resistance value that first has to be used in a formula to gain an actual resistance percentage.
The formula is roughly: 1 - (100/(100 + Resist value)). (This gives a fractional value, multiply it with 100 to get a percentage.) So an armor mod of +50 (or two of +25) gives only about 33 % of resistance. Remember that you might have passive resists from accolades or other sources (powers.) This is just a simplified version of the formula, the actual one is more complicated and also ensures the resistance cap of 75 %. Details are attached to this STOKed podcast with Al "CaptainGeko" Reviera: http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/5...iew-stoked-73/
Note that this formula applies regardless of how many armor consoles you carry, and in fact _all_ sources of hull resistance - from armor or from powers - are added together before the formula is applied.

See also the thread "Insights into STO game mechanics..." in my signature or under this link: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3106196
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It is true that armor consoles have diminishing returns, but not the way you describe it.

The values on armor resistance given inthe consoles are all added together normally, but the value is not the final damage resistance value. The value is instead put into a formula that gives the diminishing returns and ensures you can never have more than 75 % hull damage resistance.
that is its cap. the formula still stands, and when the cap is reached, it stops regardless. You can of course go test the formula out in game, make sure to take into account any resistances your alcolades give you into the equation and break it down by reversing the math.

That math however is what was given to us by the Dev's showing the limitation. The 75% is the hard wall where it all stops at.

I suspect the math equation how it calculates has changed some, but yeah that hardcap stops it all.