Lt. Commander
# 11
06-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I've got a total of 6x proto deflector tech drops, 4x shields and 0x engines. And have played each over 100 times.

I've had all manner of rare drops but they can be had with EDC so they're moot and are sold off for dilithium.

Been focusing on CSE the past month or two, got 2x rare engine drops and some proto salvage, but no proto engine yet.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-12-2012, 07:55 AM
As far as space is concerned, I find this amusing as on the fed side, 3 Borg retro + MACO (or Omega, I suppose) smokes what a full set of either offers. The grind to get mk xii gear for limited (if even noticeable) increase in stats seems silly at times. I mean heck the mk x isn't far from the xii shield...
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badname834854
As far as space is concerned, I find this amusing as on the fed side, 3 Borg retro + MACO (or Omega, I suppose) smokes what a full set of either offers. The grind to get mk xii gear for limited (if even noticeable) increase in stats seems silly at times. I mean heck the mk x isn't far from the xii shield...
Agree!
And I can't see what the H devs thought when they made it so god damn hard to get the "xxx Set" when you can do 15 normal runs or 8 elite STF runs to get the Borg set.
And what's up with the tiny difference between the X set and XII set?

It's like making a Ferrari Enzo with a 100HP engine and charge 100 dollars less than a standard Enzo.
What's the point?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2012, 08:31 AM
That's not objectively true.

The set bonuses may be more appealing to someone than the RNG-based procs of the two- and three-piece Borg sets. I mean enough poking around the forum and it should be clear that there's a definite appeal to Tet Glider, but Magnetoplasma Relays and Tactical Readiness aren't anything to dismiss so quickly either.

The MACO deflector is actually stronger for a cruiser or carrier in many cases (better stats than the Borg deflector for shield and hull related skills), as well. Klingon side there can be definite advantages to running the KHG engine with the shield, thanks to its boost to power levels. The KHG deflector may attract someone's attention thanks to its boosts -- maybe they want more flow cap for tetryon beams. etc. etc.

I don't dislike the borg pieces, and I totally get the appeal to run three (as I do on some ships), but I don't agree that it "smokes" the other sets. Unless you mean the Aegis or Reman sets, haha.

The difference between MK levels isn't super huge, though, I agree.