Lt. Commander
# 1 Crystaline Entity
05-23-2012, 06:02 PM
So I just took part in the event for the Entity, it seemed pretty cool up till the part where EVERY TIME we got it below 30% certain people would start purposely healing it. The anger in General Chat was astounding. I was there for well over 30 minutes, and it was the same every time. Some of those people had been trying for the entire hour to get it down.

There must be some sort of way Cryptic can work that Fleet Action so people can't grief like that. There has to be something that can be done to prevent it, or something. Or even change something so people wont want to grief, like an accolade or trophy or something, (assuming there isn't already?).

Just some thoughts..
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatorywolf View Post
So I just took part in the event for the Entity, it seemed pretty cool up till the part where EVERY TIME we got it below 30% certain people would start purposely healing it. The anger in General Chat was astounding. I was there for well over 30 minutes, and it was the same every time. Some of those people had been trying for the entire hour to get it down.

There must be some sort of way Cryptic can work that Fleet Action so people can't grief like that. There has to be something that can be done to prevent it, or something. Or even change something so people wont want to grief, like an accolade or trophy or something, (assuming there isn't already?).

Just some thoughts..
Well they are removing it soon, so enjoy it while you can
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
They are? Would love to see a reference to that as I;ve missed it. And we all know I spend way too much time here.

edit: Some searching anf flipping through of threads doesn't find me a reference. Maybe I should do this some time soon....
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM
like I was saying in the tribble thread.....

in like 3 years since Beta, I have NEVER completed it. Not because its too hard but 15 -20 minutes in I become bored out of my mind and just zone.

It just isnt that fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2012, 06:13 PM
As far as I remember it only took 3 minutes to kill the last time I did it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl5ezMBVhLI
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
They are? Gotta take a look. I know it's troublesome but to remove content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatorywolf View Post

Just some thoughts..
Afraid that's the ugly truth with the CE. You need at least 2 groups of people who is experienced with the CE to take it down, and requires a massive ammounts of coordination and teamwork to accomplish. That's why the CE is impossible to PuG since they upgraded it 2 years ago.

For the life of me, I don't understand why they didn't restore the original CE that STO launched with, especially after they removed the Ramming Exploit. (Those who don't know that was, basically it was pre-ramming nerf where people could trigger ramming on command and Captains and Admirals would effectively 1-shot the beast).

Cryptic, if what's said above is true, I'm disappointed. Why don't you simply have 2 versions of the CE:
  1. The Original CE that can be done with a single group, which still yields the Trophy and Accolades, and a typical reward.
  2. The Current CE that yields a unique drop or something that's unique for multiple purposes (crafting perhaps?).

As much as I hate the CE moments, I hate for it to go, because it really is the toughest thing in STO and to me is like fighting a god or dragon in other MMOs. To remove it would be a foolhearty move. Just tweek it so it's doable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
They are? Would love to see a reference to that as I;ve missed it. And we all know I spend way too much time here.

edit: Some searching anf flipping through of threads doesn't find me a reference. Maybe I should do this some time soon....
It is in the latest tribble patch notes thread, though I could be wrong about it happening on holodeck as well, only time will tell

Never ever completed it myself though...
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Id like to see it STOP healing from mines
I mean how do you heal from a photon mine anyway??
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2012, 12:25 AM
A shame that it's going away, but that course was plotted the moment it became a time gated event. It was an awesome challenge before it became time gated for some friends/fleet members could get together and do.

Hopefully it will come back in some form. A Red Alert type pop up perhaps?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Aw, I enjoy doing it. I just would like to be able to complete it, just once.

All they really need to do is just figure a way to prevent griefers from messing it up for everyone. It really stinks when you get to 27% and get excited then suddenly it shoots back to like 75% in the matter of seconds.