Lt. Commander
# 1 BOff untrainable skills?
05-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Hello,

Is there a list of BOff untrainable skills? I believe Beam Overload 3 and Torpedo Spread 3 are two of them but what are the others?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2012, 06:10 AM
Does this help?

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_skill...ble_by_captain

As I read it, if it's not on that list, you have to find a boff to sacrifice to gain the skill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Does this help?

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_skill...ble_by_captain

As I read it, if it's not on that list, you have to find a boff to sacrifice to gain the skill.
Yes it does help, thank you.

While browsing the wiki i also found this but i don't know if it is up to date?

http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge_officer_powers

I think the purple coded ones are suppose to be untrainable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2012, 10:42 PM
At least one of the "purple" Level III BO Skills can obtained by unconventional means.

For example, I've heard that you can obtain the "purple" BO "Torpedo Spread III" skill from the Jem'Hadar Bridge Officer reward from the DS9 series "2800".

Not sure if this Jem'Hadar BO reward available anymore from the Featured Episode re-runs. Anyone can comment on this?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2012, 10:51 PM
The Jem'Hadar Bridge Officer is always available. But it is Unique, meaning you can only have one at any time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Well since the Duty Officer system came out, you can get many rare and very rare Bridge officers with rare skills such as "Torpedo Spread III"; "Target weapons III"; "Beam Overload III" and even the rare ground skill "Sweeping strikes III".

But this could be more interesting: There are some very rare Bridge Officer assignment missions which have the chance to give a rare or very rare Saurin BO with "efficient". I got two (1 rare, 1 very rare). There are also some very rare Trill BO with the special trill traits.

So look for them. They are very usefull.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-25-2012, 01:41 AM
It look a lot of hunting on the Exchange to find a boff with Transfer Shield Strength III (it was a one in thousands find), and I couldn't find Gravity Well III at all. So some skills must be trained by Captains.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-25-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
It look a lot of hunting on the Exchange to find a boff with Transfer Shield Strength III (it was a one in thousands find), and I couldn't find Gravity Well III at all. So some skills must be trained by Captains.
Yeah, the skills captains can train are listed right in the appropriate skill boxes if you read the expanded text. It also tells you what type of captain can train them. And, some of the specific ones are only listed on those captain type's (Tactical, Engineering, or Science) skills.