Lt. Commander
# 1 Training other players
05-24-2012, 01:20 AM
I've been playing for roughly 3 weeks now, and I keep seeing in chat people asking other players to train them in skills. I would've asked in the chat but I've been a bit, well I'm a quiet person in real life, so yeah.

Anywho, how is this done?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Training bridge officers in special skills is something you can do if you have 3 or 6 ranks to key Captain's skills.

Such as, if you are an Engineer, 6 ranks in a certain engineering skill may grant you the ability to train a Bridge Officer in Emergency Power to Shields III, and likewise if you are a Science officer, 6 ranks in certain Scientific skills unlocks Photonic Shockwave III. Many of these special skills are very rare on officer candidates or even non-existent so you must train them yourself.

If you are a science captain flying a science ship you'll likely not need to get other players to train your Bridge Officers for you but if you are "cross-classing" your ship you may need someone to help train your boffs skills that are not part of your class.

For instance, a Tactical captain flying a cruiser is limited to the default bridge officer skills. He or she needs someone else to train the boffs in advanced Engineering powers such as the abovesaid Emergency to Shields III along with a whole range of powerful Commander or Lt. Commander level Engineering skills that can be crucial in endgame play.

Extend Shields III and Aux2SIF3 for instance, aren't easily available on bridge officers you get from the Exchange. Certain skills have to be trained by players.

Without cross-training, you may find that your LTC or CDR bridge officer skills could be severely limited. Utilising the above tactical cruiser example, without player training your Engineering bridge officers are likely limited to using Aceton Beam in the Commander Engineer slot.

As to how you do this - you need to find someone trustworthy and trade bridge officers over to him or her (unequip all armor, personal weapons and belt items then trade them off directly from your Bridge Officer menu). The other player will train the officer and return them to you.

It is crucial you have someone trustworthy do the training because there's nothing stopping the other person logging off and not returning the officer to you.

If you need an ingame tutorial send me a friend request and catch me online on EST mornings.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-24-2012, 01:57 AM
Ah now I get it, thanks ^.^ I was thinking that you like receive training from players and it added toward your player skills. Thank you again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-24-2012, 04:19 AM
Thats something want to do since a long time?
But how it's Work?

How can i trade a Officer to another Player when he is still in use?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-24-2012, 05:38 AM
You have to deequip him completely. You have to take every equipment from him
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2012, 06:43 AM
and then put him into a Mail?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-24-2012, 07:07 AM
ya drag and drop him like any other tradeable item.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2012, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep_22
and then put him into a Mail?
No you can't mail BOFFs once they have joined up. You have to meet the person face to face and trade them. Make sure one of you has an empty BOFF slot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Hmm okay butto teach a BOFF Something i must Have him in my Roster.

Im i'am wrong im some way?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Sheep_22
Hmm okay butto teach a BOFF Something i must Have him in my Roster.

Im i'am wrong im some way?
the other player accepts a trade from you, you trade them your unequipped BO, they train him and trade it back, he is automatically transfered from your current BO roster to theirs, so the one doing the training must have an open BO slot. this can only be done Face to Face, you cannot mail commissioned officers.