Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Tour the Galaxy Bugged
03-26-2012, 02:48 AM
Hi...

I think Tour the Galaxy is bugged. Sectors i visit do not register, and i did it twice to make sure using my Odyssey Class + Omega Drive + Slip Stream.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2012, 03:05 AM
Each block is divided into 2,3 or 4 sectors you have to fly around the block for it to register... thankfully exploration clusters are not included. I.E in the Iota Pavonis Block you have to enter the Bolarus sector, Devron sector, Z-6 sector and Tarod Sector.

That caught me out first time as well but it's definitely not bugged just a bit tricky nail down the requirements.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-26-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missalbion
Each block is divided into 2,3 or 4 sectors you have to fly around the block for it to register... thankfully exploration clusters are not included. I.E in the Iota Pavonis Block you have to enter the Bolarus sector, Devron sector, Z-6 sector and Tarod Sector.

That caught me out first time as well but it's definitely not bugged just a bit tricky nail down the requirements.
Hi...

Thanks. However I am a veteran and have been doing the race at least twice a day for a very long time now. Since the last patch two or three days ago I have been experiencing this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2012, 03:28 AM
Fair enough, though I have noticed on my KDF character even though a sector block does register I don't get the rewards for it.

So maybe there is a bug or two.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Same problem
05-04-2012, 04:52 AM
I'm getting the same problem here, any word on a fix?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Found this out the hardway one time... but you weren't teamed with someone were ya? It wont count if you are in a team...

On that note... i've noticed a lot of wierd bugs with the chat, specifically where from time to time you can't type into team chat (solution is to switch chat selection to a different one then back to team)... Same thing were sometimes people who you were teamed with can access your team chat on your new team....

so if you weren't teamed when doing tour...maybe there is some weird glitch in the system that denotes you being in a team even if you actually aren't.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2012, 11:01 PM
Discovered something interesting. The mission is supposed to pay out per block, but (for me, anyway), it's only paying out per Empire. I'm not teamed, I see the sector and block names come up as I tour and get checked off the mission list, I hear the "block complete" sound effect, but out of 13 blocks, I only get the block rewards and see the reward popup on 7 of them.

My route starts at ESD, goes through AC, around IP, completes AC, then across PV. I see a single reward payout only on completing PV (Romulan), not on completing AC or IP. Similarly, Federation space pays out after finishing PI, REG, and SIR; Cardi space only pays out after visiting AT, ZA and BU.

EE, GO, Pelia and Orellius all pay out as expected, you can think of them as their own one-block empires.

To verify, I ran part of a second tour backwards: All the way south from ESD, across REG, through PC, up through PV, across AC, and around IP. Nothing paid out until until I went south and completed the final block of AC (which paid out once), then continued south and finished REG (which again paid out once).

So, are people actually seeing 13 block payouts from a tour?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-29-2012, 04:10 PM
I seem to have the very same problem. I used to get XP and credits for every sector visited in TtG, but now I only get Money for finishing the combined sectors of every faction.

I can't find anything about a change like this in the patchnotes, ether.