Lt. Commander
# 101
05-25-2012, 04:43 AM
IT's good to have an outside perspective .. and an honest critique.. I generally catch the Audio broadcast.

I understand MAVs take all too well when it comes to DEV of any TREK IP .. its about impossible for one team to cover all aspects of previous Trek LIC gaming and do something new and better..

its always down to a team with good people but not enough budget and some of that is leads to not researching past community involvement with "Other" DEV TM Trek product they dint work on..
Why thousands of trek fans wanted a playable Romulan Faction..

I had a Poll many moons ago asking Which Star Fleet Command Faction people Played and why and if they had known of or played Star Fleet Battles or Gristlin Cabots General Wars Campaign using Cyberboard PBM
game box ..

An Audio week show takes a big time sink.. and a bi-weekly may not be as timely.. but freash and maybe cut the length for more focus on a special new adittion and a state of the game recap?
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I'll be sorry to see the current incarnation of STOked go, but if it still exists in one form or another, that's better than nothing. I'll especially miss the Foundry Files, I've been introduced to some great content I may otherwise have missed.
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
love the show. first place I come if I want fact on STO. Big blow losing stoked
Lt. Commander
# 104
05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
As has already been said, I believe some STOked is better than no STOked, personally.

STOked is such an important show to the community that sometimes, the biggest news of the week that my own show has covered had been things that happened on STOked. It will be a shame to see it end.

Hopefully, Foundry Files will get to continue it's thing on Starbase UGC.
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm really not fond of STOked becoming a radio show. However if that means the door is left cracked open (rather than completely shut) and gives the possibility of the show returning in video form at a later date, then I'm happy.
Lt. Commander
# 106
05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Like a lot of people have expressed, going to miss STOked. It was, so much as it was able, the only positive spin I could find on STO.
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Hmm. Well, the show was audio only originally. Maybe this won't be so bad. It's still a sad day for me, though. I will miss video STOked. But at least if there's a radio show we'll still get most of the goodies in the video STOked . . . *cheers up a little*
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_Silverwings View Post
While we'll still get haters who want to hate and hit on Chris for whatever he does or says, thumbs up to the comments so far. We're all sad about STOked but Chris has given above and beyond for this show and I feel the community needs to give it's support when he needs it the most.

STOked Radio could work for segments like the news and community feedback where visuals aren't necessary and links to visuals or supplemental videos could be inserted and Foundry Files is able to stand alone. Now is the time for the community to share their disappointment but give support and constructive feedback. Clearly you guys want the show ideally to stay as it is, we all do but that's not really going to happen so we're looking at how we can continue contributing but not invest in a time and effort consuming video format.

Who knows Chris may do livestream events like he did during the hiatus just not recorded so for some who can tune in can do and we can have fun but this is about a video recorded podcast. I'm just throwing out suggestions people can think about and either support them or suggest their own.
Who are you again?
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Sad to see STOked ending. Thanks for all you have done! But I only listen to one radio show! Its Subspace Radio!
Lt. Commander
# 110
05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! STOked is one of the greatest things about Star Trek Online. It is a tremendous production and a great forum for talking about all aspects of the game. Furthermore, it really, really did get me stoked to play Star Trek Online every week. I've been watching STOked and playing STO since the very beginning! So please, don't end if you can help it. It's fabulous entertainment, an excellent source of news, and an integral part of my STO experience. Please!!!