Lt. Commander
# 181
05-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Well I would love to keep seeing the video cast but if it's costing too much then having a audio cast would be perfect. Why, cause then Chris (or whomever does the show) can have guests from Cryptic (and the Evil Corp the owns em...pun) and they can disguise there voices if they want to leak anything to us....
Lt. Commander
# 182
05-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post
There is more to it than that behind the scenes but ill give you that he was peeved alright.
I'm sorry, sometimes Internet cannot carry tone. I am not a stoked veteran, so I was coming from a new perspective. He seemed very upset that he couldn't get an interview and I thought that perhaps this was a reason.

I watched the new show and accept that it's for financial purposes. I meant no offense to either if you, and if I came across the wrong way, I appologize.
Lt. Commander
# 183
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
As far at TORked, its obvious that you are also woefully misinformed as TORked was canceled months ago.
To be fair Asmik - TORked was cancelled as of May 9, 2012 (at the end of TORKed Episode 7 Chris made the announcement - (link to said episode) ); that's hardly "months ago"; unless there's some time dialation effect I'm unaware of. So it seems the poster you were responding to isn't the only one misinformed.
Lt. Commander
# 184
05-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Not that i remember but i could be wrong. Also STOked did not quit before, we took a break cause there was nothing to talk about. The reasons behind this transition are completely different. So much confusion or people just dont care to get the facts. I'm not sure.
A transition or break means nothing in this context. As I said above, 6 months from now Chris could decide he's interested - or just not peeved at Cryptic any more - and want to do the shows again. We've been down this road with Chris before. The old saying goes "fool me once..."
Lt. Commander
# 185
05-29-2012, 05:33 PM
I find this all highly amusing when juat a few days ago I was saying about how STOked blows hot and cold and Chris gets the hump whenever Cryptic and PW don't play ball, unwilling to actually say this to their face when they get interviews. Chris gets snubbed by Dan Stahl last week and all of a sudden the show is cancelled again. More emotionalism than an Andorian.

Still, once Chris gets past his period I am sure that STOked will be back.
Lt. Commander
# 186
05-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChup47
I find this all highly amusing when juat a few days ago I was saying about how STOked blows hot and cold and Chris gets the hump whenever Cryptic and PW don't play ball, unwilling to actually say this to their face when they get interviews. Chris gets snubbed by Dan Stahl last week and all of a sudden the show is cancelled again. More emotionalism than an Andorian.

Still, once Chris gets past his period I am sure that STOked will be back.
He did quote financial reasons, and nobody here is qualified to judge a man for making career choices to do what's best for him and his family (if he has one).
Lt. Commander
# 187
05-29-2012, 06:39 PM
I feel Chris ending STOked as we know it has been a long time coming. I am actually surprised he lasted this long after coming back from hiatus.

He's got a wife and two small kids. He's been sacrificing a Saturday to do this show for the last few years. He's having to get work outside Jupiter Broadcasting to support his family. There's only so much time in a day, and in a week. With the possible direction this game has been taking lately, the lack of time and drive, and of course the financial worth of doing a production of this type, it's no mystery to me why he's stopping now.

Chris will be spending time with his family on Saturdays soon. Fortunately Mav and Jupiter Force will continue the show in a different format.
Lt. Commander
# 188
05-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandorous View Post
He's got a wife and two small kids. He's been sacrificing a Saturday to do this show for the last few years. He's having to get work outside Jupiter Broadcasting to support his family. There's only so much time in a day, and in a week. With the possible direction this game has been taking lately, the lack of time and drive, and of course the financial worth of doing a production of this type, it's no mystery to me why he's stopping now.
And this alone makes me all the more happy for him. If family is his driving motivation (as it probably should be) then I wish him well, and simply hope to cross paths with him somewhere in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 189
05-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Ok so twice you have said the same thing, are you trying to make a point or just flat out trolling now? What purpose does it serve? You know what dont answer that, there is no need. Your opinion is noted and we are sorry your not interested in listening to STOked Radio.

As far at TORked, its obvious that you are also woefully misinformed as TORked was canceled months ago. Might wanna check your facts before you troll, but then again thats why its called trolling. But thanks for continuing to watch STOked.
According to the jupiter broadcasting site the last TORked show was May 9nth when it was actually aired is not really a concern of mine I really do not like TOR so I had no interest in it.

Now thank you for the response but you forgot to respond to one point! The final party to have a big party you can not read the last page of post and think that is all you need to do. And it was more than twice I mentioned listening to another radio podcast. Now I liked you in STOked and I am deeply hurt that you are all leaving it to radio. Now will you do a good job?

I believe you will. I like your podcast persona and you have a natural flow and feel for the camera, I will miss your insights in the STOked Podcast. Please do not call me a troll! I am a big STOked Podcast Supporter and if you all ever decided to revive the podcast show I will jump back on board and watch it. Now also for the record I suggested that you take over the podcast and we the community would help support the show with donations. But from what I read in your tag to me you did not go that far BACK in the thread.

so I will ask again where do you want to host the big party at? I want this last podcast to be a big farewell party. Now that was my idea check the forum posts if you do not believe me. I am really going to miss this show and I am upset to be loosing it.

Its not fair of you all to ask me to give up time from my favorite radio shows and all of the DJ's I like to come over to you all especially since you all started off as a podcast show, now I know you all started off as an audio show but what hooked me was the podcast.

Now I know you are trying to save the show by going radio but that does not help me and it will not help the other fans out there as well I am not the only one upset about another radio show. I like the idea of this being a podcast show and it was real awesome. I hope you some day decide to make this podcast show. I would donate to it if you where the main host and Chris was in the background as a tech supporter. I am sure I am not the only one. I would donate to you as well as the other radio show I listen too.
Lt. Commander
# 190
05-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi Chris, I loved your show - any continued format would be awesome - I do love the show.. I hope this decision has nothing to do wit h the last episode aired (Perfect World Disappoints - 124) - I loved the show. Live and Prosper - in whatever format