Lt. Commander
# 11
05-24-2012, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
None of us speak for everyone. However, it is quite fair to say a very large portion of the playerbase is unhappy with the game and its poor business decisions.
If that was the case, why do we still have all these people logging in every day and playing?

A decent sized group is unhappy. But gaming podcasts should not be "against" the establishment. STOked has always been a news segment and discussion forum, good or bad. The second it becomes an agenda (ie always against) then it simply becomes nothing more than a soapbox.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Very sad news, but I will continue to listen to an audio version of the show.

You have done a great service to the STO community, and we do appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-24-2012, 04:13 AM
i am sad but good luck to those who wish to continue this on in some form.

im not sure an audio podcast/radio will make me tune in each week but i would still give it a listen.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Damn, this is a great loss to all of us stoked fans, its sad to not be able to see the visuals anymore from your great episodes each week chris, i realise theres not alot to show at the moment until perhaps season 6 hits, just know this show has been a brilliant source of info each week for those of us that love this game and got our weekly fill of this special broadcast, i know you will still be around in other programs for jupiter force, but stok'ed was the only one i could really sink my teeth into and sit down and watch while i had breakfast on a tuesday here in australia, good luck with all you do and will always visit jupiter broadcasting to see what is going on..
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-24-2012, 04:37 AM
So bummed. Was a great show. Good place to get some visuals I might have missed. But a radio I guess works well too. I usually listen on my way to work on Tuesday mornings anyway. Wish all the best and hope to hear everyone from STOked on a radio cast. Best wishes from my little desk in the Seattle region. It's raining, goes with this news.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-24-2012, 04:38 AM
Dont always agree with chris but i would miss the video show of stoked it feels better than just any other audio only podcast like they put more effort into it. I would like to see chris taking a hiatus like before and just come back when regular stuff starts coming through which im hoping after the code branch will happen as im guessing they are holding off alot of stuff because it needs the code from season 6 to do it all. Tho i could be wrong of course.

Give it a little while longer chris if theres still nothing really to cover on a regular basis then yeah cancel the show as its just wasting resources for your JB business. If an audio only show comes i guess i can catch it now and then but i will really miss the video of seeing you talk passionately about sto.

Things might not seem like chris doesnt speak for everyone but things used to happen because of stoked because they had such a good relationship with the devs. True that has been tarnished due to the calling out of cryptic and pwe now in the last few episodes but well they cant really blame stoked as its what everyones doing and they were just trying to show the devs how they feel which might possibly do something, tho i do not know what.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-24-2012, 04:44 AM
I also listen mainly to the Audio only broadcast so I also say "Go for it" and continue as a Radio style program.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Dude I've tried contacting you many times regarding helping with an episode of two and I have not got anything back.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-24-2012, 05:11 AM
I love STOked. I love watching STOked every Tuesday morning. I love the opinions expressed and I love the updates on the game and well I love everything this show stands for. I would personally feel a great loss of this show going only audio. Not saying it would be a bad thing but I think your listening audience would be less than your viewing audience. I would ask that you please not change a thing! STOked rocks and it needs to stick around and be the voice for the community that it is!
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-24-2012, 05:19 AM
I liked the video version alot to be honest.
I found it easier to relate to than a mix of voices all talking over each other(some of the radio casts end up with people ranting over each other alot).

If you can keep the quality of the content up I will tune in to an audio only version.

If you do the audio version could it please be played from a page where the notes, pictures and links are easiliy accessable. Visual prompts for the content being discussed helps alot.

Stoked is...was the only video podcast i watch and tune into every episode.