Lt. Commander
# 31
05-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
Why does it have to be a Weekly Show?

Why not go to a Bi-Weekly or Once-A-Month format?

If yoiu go to just an Audio Format, you are going to lose your uniqueness and my end up being just another podcast.

I really enjoy the aspect of actually Seeing the person/people talking, though I may be pretty much alone in that, from what I've read here so far.

Perhaps you need to ask yourself...
What can you do as an Audio broascast, that the others can't?

Then go from there.
I suppose only Chris can answer for sure about the impact of a less-frequent podcast.

But it's easy to overlook that this is also a business. Spreading out the podcasts might make it harder to get sponsors, not easier.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
Im sorry no disrespect to you Chris but STOKED for me really hasnt been the same since Jeremy left to join Cryptic. Its just not the same. The one on one interaction (not over skype or whatever else) really made the show enjoyable to watch. Now its just not that interesting anymore. And No I dont share the negative outlook for STO you folks around here seem to have. I really believe we will be playing this game in 5 years.
I like Stoked when it has a balance non fan boy view. Too many episodes for my liking, were just simply a PR machine for Cryptic however, for them to start to feel negative, something must be happening behind the scenes at Cryptic that we are not aware of.

That said, I do share the negative outlook for STO that you folks around here seem to have. I really believe we will not be playing the game in 5 years.

Well I'm not playing now anyway, so yay me, I'm right
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I voted for an audio podcast.

That said i would like to second CptBANG's 2nd half of his post. its the 2nd one on page 3 of this topic. Everything he said there.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Huh, STOked is going down again?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=247636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocks_Beard
Quote:
This will be the last STOked produced for the foreseeable future. The show will be going on hiatus.
http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/1...ar-stoked-109/

You know a game is doing great when the biggest fanboy there is is giving up.
Good luck to those people. I hope they find a happy place.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Why is it all of us vs something
When people started silenced because Cryptic put a ban hammer in the hands of 12 year olds and all Cryptic can muster is a canned response is when it started to feel like us versus them, from my perspective anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-24-2012, 10:20 AM
I would hear the Podcast, too.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Audio sounds great, I already listen to Scibyte and that's all audio too
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-24-2012, 10:43 AM
I enjoyed the show, hate to see it end. I would like to have it continue in an audio format, it doesn't necessarily have to be a weekly show.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-24-2012, 11:03 AM
With out video it's almost a no go, since I find it boring to listen, and having nothing to watch, so I voted No STOked without video.

The video part is what makes STOked unique, and by taking away the video part, you will just become another podacst that holds little interest. With the video, you can show live footage, and offcourse record stuff from Featured Episodes, to Foundry files, and we can get an idea of what the mission looks like.

That is not possible in a radio podcast, and makes it much less interesting without the video part.

I might give a listen, but without the video, well, it's just not the same, and IMO without video, there is no STOked.

Please reconsider this Chris, I beg of you...
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-24-2012, 11:05 AM
A really sad day for STO, looks like that is all we get since STO went FTP.
I have to said that for me, STOked was unique because it was visual, I am not sure if I will keep following if is only radio. But I wish you guys good luck!