Lt. Commander
# 31
06-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
No. The suggestion is that there should be fewer opponents on the map.

That was quite clearly stated. Understanding anything else but that requires serious misreading.

3 on 3 will lead to some really really long matches unless it is setup to something like a first to 10 kills or a timer, or another objective.

I was in a 4v4 a couple weeks ago that lasted almost 4 hours.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Reasons why PvP is dead Real Reasons
#1, PvEers can't handle losing to another player. They barely scrape by an already pathetic pve experience, and would much rather die to borg cubes one shotting them than someone else, because they have incredibly fragile egos.

Reason #2 PvEers by and large in sto are social shut ins, who lack self confidence. The very idea of socializing even in a virtual environment, is terrifying to them. Couple this with #1 and well there you go. Outside of the pvpers, most of the people still playing this game are that guy the one that doesn't bathe regularly, is overweight probably lives in his mom's basement, and has pinup posters of Janeway.

Reason #3, The PvE community in this game such as it is, can't even hack it in other games pve. So they come here for the Wii style experience and can pretend how awesome they are, and as long as they avoid the ques, they don't ever get disillusioned by reality, that frankly they aren't nearly as awesome as the Pve Experience tells them they are.
I'm more confident than ever about option #1
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370
I'm more confident than ever about option #1
They should be glad option 1 isn't.

Cause they'd likely just get it handed to them just like they do in game.

Seriously you just proved everything I said in my sarcastic response to you. Good job.

For those keeping score, you came in all guns blazing against pvpers. I fired one semi snarky bit your way, and now you're all trying to advocate real violence on myself. So it's okay for the lil faceroller to dish it out, but if someone shoots back he explodes suddenly it's not so okay anymore. So you 0 I'm up by 3 already.
Fragile Ego indeed.

For the record? I prefer calling people that suck, and wallow in it rather than strive to improve a Faceroller. Noob is too easily confused with Newbie.
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-01-2012, 05:46 AM
Ker'at system is usually full with "my ship is better than yours", "LOL! you suck", "KDF are coward", "Federation are punks" etc lines in chat window.
So it is not exactly dead..yet

and anyone who resurrects a thread should be fed to Gorns
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
3 on 3 will lead to some really really long matches unless it is setup to something like a first to 10 kills or a timer, or another objective.
I would think that a kill counter of equal the total number of players on the map would be a good rule - making that 6 kills in 3v3.

Quote:
I was in a 4v4 a couple weeks ago that lasted almost 4 hours.
Which is awesome for many people, as it means you actually get to play instead of just being blown up helplessly because the randomness of the queue decided to put you in an unfortunate team.

The latter is what happens a lot. Anyone who does not get why this will stop people from PvPing has my pity.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
No, what the Op references is not why PvP is dying. The reason is much simpler: Too large teams in standard PvP. You will see many more people enjoying PvP when they add a 3v3 map.

The reason for this is simple: Once four or more captains decide to shoot at your ship with alpha strikes, no tanking ability in the whole game will let you survive that. That means as a player, you have no influence at all on why your ship explodes, which is just an annoying experience, and such fights are also boring as hell. That is what many people experience when trying to PvP for the first time and what will not let them come back.

In theory, your team mates could heal you to compensate the four or five alpha strikes, but thy need to react within a second (literally) to make that work, because your ship will be gone after two seconds.

Now, with smaller teams (3 being the highest good number, in my experience), this cannot happen. Three alpha strikes are survivable for a good tank if the captain reacts quickly enough, and the individual ship makes much more of a difference then. Fights last longer, and are a much more rewarding experience.
So your suggestion is for a game mode where even if all three opposing players have a coordinated strike, they shouldn't be able to kill a ship with no support. And what happens when that ship does indeed have healers helping them out when he could survive it on his own anyhow? You talk about boring matches, but then suggest something where 3zombie cruisers could survive indefinately without being vulnerable even if every person on the other team coordinates a strike. Snooooooooooooooozefest.....
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:

Which is awesome for many people, as it means you actually get to play instead of just being blown up helplessly because the randomness of the queue decided to put you in an unfortunate team.

The latter is what happens a lot. Anyone who does not get why this will stop people from PvPing has my pity.
Your kidding right? Awesome for who. 4 hour matches is not something that appeals to anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-01-2012, 08:22 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Lol...coming from the guy who thinks 4 hour matches would be GOOD for pvp...
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Matches lasting 4 hours are several orders of magnitude better than being insta-killed within two seconds. If you don't get why, I don't envy you.

That said, yes, kill counters need to be lower in such games, of course.