Lt. Commander
# 41
06-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
See my post above - that may be the reason PVP is dead to you, but it's not the reason PvP is dead. People that use terms like this exist in other PvP games and those PvP games are succesful.

And I am not even sure that it's a reason for you, either. It's very easy to ignore such stuff in a succesful game as well. You will just think "What a d*ck" and move on playing with all the really cool people in the game and doing all the fun things the game allows you to do. But STO PvP is so small and so weak that it's hard to ignore irrations like that, because even if there are those cool players - their aren't that many fun things to do and it gets boring fast.
You seem to have HEAVILY misunderstood my post... I was not suggesting that people could theorize about my reasons, and I was VERY clear on why PvP is dead TO ME...

Why other people don't spend their time in PvP is entirely their problem, and I really could'n care less.

When I go into PvP, it's to measure myself and my build against others... Deathmatch... nothing else... If theres one or 10 maps dosen't matter...
Childish and rude comments when blown up... thats the problem for me.
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Matches lasting 4 hours are several orders of magnitude better than being insta-killed within two seconds. If you don't get why, I don't envy you.

That said, yes, kill counters need to be lower in such games, of course.
Yes, I'm sure the queues will be full of ppl wanting to spend half a day in one match. Posts like this is why no one in here is taking you seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 43
06-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
Yes, I'm sure the queues will be full of ppl wanting to spend half a day in one match. Posts like this is why no one in here is taking you seriously.
You have already shown how little you are willing to read what the people you reply to have written instead of what you want to understand. I am sure everybody got that already. There is no need to outline it that much.

But in case you want to give reading a try: It is better to play for 4 hours than to be blown up without any chance to counter it within 2 seconds. That does not mean that 4 hours would be optimal, but better than a really dumb and annoying experience. Reducing the kill counter together with smaller team sizes (3v3 and below) will help with having matches that last long enough to be enjoyable even without being the 4-hour epic battles that you don't like.

Got it this time?
Lt. Commander
# 44
06-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Quote:
You have already shown how little you are willing to read what the people you reply to have written instead of what you want to understand. I am sure everybody got that already. There is no need to outline it that much.

But in case you want to give reading a try: It is better to play for 4 hours than to be blown up without any chance to counter it within 2 seconds. That does not mean that 4 hours would be optimal, but better than a really dumb and annoying experience. Reducing the kill counter together with smaller team sizes (3v3 and below) will help with having matches that last long enough to be enjoyable even without being the 4-hour epic battles that you don't like.

Got it this time?
I am confused can you go over it again?
Lt. Commander
# 45
06-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:

But in case you want to give reading a try: It is better to play for 4 hours than to be blown up without any chance to counter it within 2 seconds.
Got it this time?
Dear lord it is not better. We get it you want PvP to be like a TNG fight where the ships stay parked and shoot a phaser at each other every 30 seconds because they didn't have the special effects budget to do more with models.
Lt. Commander
# 46
06-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Apparently, Gozer is skipping the weekly update again this week!

Details are in this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=272487

Hard to believe really....
Lt. Commander
# 47
06-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
Dear lord it is not better.
For you - which is perfectly okay.

But really, when the frustrated people who do PvP for the Dil alone finally admit that "this game was awesome", it was always one that did not include being blown within seconds because the other time concentrated their fire, but one that lasted an hour or two. Usually an accidental 3v3 or less, or a challenged 1v1.

So why not learn from this?
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:

Got it this time?
A reduction in team size does not mean a longer period of play time or less quick kills.
Those that are being quick-killed will still be quick killed by those that know the system of PvP better.
Lt. Commander
# 49
06-01-2012, 10:28 AM
[quote]
Quote:

frustrated people who do PvP for the Dil alone
Should find thier DL elsewhere , imo, as PvP is fairly self-explained as a Player-versus-player enviroment. Anyone, and I do mean anyone, that wonders into a PvP zone or a que and thinking, " I just want me DL.. Why is this guy shooting me?" should not be thier becuase its akin to griefing in a STF or FE by doing nothing and makes the gameplay less for all involved.
Come for the PvP or do not come at all.
Lt. Commander
# 50
06-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Alright, just so we're clear, ships should never be able to blow up each other 1v1 if a "good" pilot, oops, I mean "captain", should be able to repel 3 other ships attacking them?

Ships should not die in less than 2 seconds because 2 seconds isn't enough time for ppl to react to protect themselves or teammates to heal someone?

You do understand that the very thing you hate about someone getting ganked by coordinated fire will be the very thing that will be necessary to win in 3v3 right?

Here's the funny thing. I'm not even completely against 3v3 pug matches. 3v3 makes team layouts much more simple for ppl that don't understand the dynamics of pvp that well (hint). What I am against is your perception of pvp and your unwillingness to listen to others with a hell of a lot more experience than you on the subject. If you could change your attitude and be willing to learn, there are some great pvp groups like the panda cubs that would be willing to teach you a thing or two about these dynamics and put you on a team that wouldn't allow you to die in "2 seconds". With experience, you'd start to understand the "team" aspect of what pvp is all about. If you want to run around "tanking" theres always kerrat.