Lt. Commander
# 1 Walking toggle
05-25-2012, 06:36 AM
Yes, I know, half of you are wondering why I want to move slower. It's mostly because A) the jog animation looks stupid, and B) Nobody actually jogs everywhere. In walk mode, shift still allows me to run.

But, walk mode has a problem. A very annoying problem. The toggle doesn't stick. This means that every time I beam down or move from instance to instance, I'm suddenly jogging again until I hit my toggle key. Can we please make this toggle persist (i.e. I walk instead of jog until i toggle again)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Theres a toggle??
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Officially, it's a toggle, and it lasts for as long as you are in an area. "Walk" is not bound to anything by default, but you can set it to whatever you like, or you can type /+walk if you're a masochist about typing out commands.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-25-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't have as much of a problem with the jogging animation here as I do with Pirates of the Burning Sea... There, it's just embarrassing, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaern
Yes, I know, half of you are wondering why I want to move slower. It's mostly because A) the jog animation looks stupid, and B) Nobody actually jogs everywhere. In walk mode, shift still allows me to run.

But, walk mode has a problem. A very annoying problem. The toggle doesn't stick. This means that every time I beam down or move from instance to instance, I'm suddenly jogging again until I hit my toggle key. Can we please make this toggle persist (i.e. I walk instead of jog until i toggle again)?
(hmm after really reading the post (working atm so had to skim it quickly the first time) i think i under stand what u mean this time, what if you bind your forward movemnt key to toggle the walk command when you press it, i will experment with this when i get home from work and let you know what i find)

/bind (key) +walk $$ (forward movement commmand)
/bind (key) ++walk <<< iirc (type this in the chat box) <<< this is to make it a toggle so you can push it to walk, but when u beam it rests

when i get home from work i'll double look at the bind and update it for u here
Lt. Commander
# 6 Thank You!
06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks for helping us all out. I felt (special) running and jogging everywhere. Now I can walk.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
you can also set up walk as a "push to walk" like the default run command, I've found this more useful then a toggle as I don't have to hit anything if I want to switch back and forth between jogging and walking, I just take my finger off the key.