Lt. Commander
# 21
05-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Insteresting. So I attempt to use the steam wallet for cryptic points, and just get stuck in the endless jungle of Perfect world's site. Used to be when I hit "buy cryptic points" it gave me the option of using steam wallet immediately. Why has this changed? Anyone been able to get the steam wallet to work?
Lt. Commander
# 22 New C-Store Promotion - Limited?
05-25-2012, 11:02 PM
I went to buy C-store points today and didn't notice that this "Memorial Day Promition" is only limited to these businesses:
  • PayPal
  • Moneybookers
  • ClickandBuy
  • Google Checkout (Only available in the US; Not eligible for bonus 300 ZEN on large purchases.)
  • Steam (Not eligible for bonus 300 ZEN on large purchases.)

I like to ask why? Why isn't the money I've been putting into this game for 2 years no longer good enough to get a bonus in keeping this game running? Why isn't the money from my bank good enough?

So now if we want a bonus, we gotta sit and beg like a dog to get it? Not sure about you, but this company is making it harder and harder to support Star Trek Online. Development-wise, I still think STO has great potential, but I can't help but to think Perfect World is now doing to be the end of it, by dragging it through the mud.

Before, it was only rumor and speculation that Pefect World didn't really respect us as a community, but now it's getting harder to refute when they pull this kind of stunt. At this point, I really hope someone buys STO from them and save this game, else.........well there is always Abrams Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I went to buy C-store points today and didn't notice that this "Memorial Day Promition" is only limited to these businesses:
  • PayPal
  • Moneybookers
  • ClickandBuy
  • Google Checkout (Only available in the US; Not eligible for bonus 300 ZEN on large purchases.)

I like to ask why? Why isn't the money I've been putting into this game for 2 years no longer good enough to get a bonus in keeping this game running? Why isn't the money from my bank good enough?
I have a way you can use the money from your bank to get the points.
  1. Set up a Paypal account with an email address (100% free)
  2. Log in to your secure PayPal account.
  3. Select "Profile"
  4. Select "Bank Accounts Accounts" and click "Add".
  5. Enter your bank account information.(It would need would be the five-digit Bank Transit Number, the three-digit Institution Number (both the BTN and the IN could be found on a cheque) and your twelve-digit Bank Account Number) [fi you don't know any of these, you can call your branch]
  6. Finally, follow the instructions to confirm your account.

Given the fact that it's Saturday and the banks might be closed, it might not happen in time, but I thought it might've been good to know this information for you [and others] in the wake of another sale.

(oh, and if you don't want to transfer money directly into your Paypal account [which takes roughly six days], after linking your bank account, you can pay with Paypal and it'll take the money directly out of there as a secondary choice.

Be careful, though. If you don't have enough money in your bank account, they'll charge you $50 in "Non Sufficient Funds".
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
  • PayPal
  • Moneybookers
  • ClickandBuy

So now if we want a bonus, we gotta sit and beg like a dog to get it? Not sure about you, but this company is making it harder and harder to support Star Trek Online. Development-wise, I still think STO has great potential, but I can't help but to think Perfect World is now doing to be the end of it, by dragging it through the mud.

Before, it was only rumor and speculation that Pefect World didn't really respect us as a community, but now it's getting harder to refute when they pull this kind of stunt. At this point, I really hope someone buys STO from them and save this game, else.........well there is always Abrams Star Trek.
Exactly, I use my Visa to buy points directly from cryptic as I have done since I started, I don't use the other methods and left paypal sometime ago following a security issue that damn near cost me a lot of money...

Why should our loyalty be ignored when it comes to specials like this?? The exact same thing happened last time they ran this promo too. Maybe I should stop putting money into the game...
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I have a way you can use the money from your bank to get the points.
  1. Set up a Paypal account with an email address (100% free)
  2. Log in to your secure PayPal account.
  3. Select "Profile"
  4. Select "Bank Accounts Accounts" and click "Add".
  5. Enter your bank account information.(It would need would be the five-digit Bank Transit Number, the three-digit Institution Number (both the BTN and the IN could be found on a cheque) and your twelve-digit Bank Account Number) [fi you don't know any of these, you can call your branch]
  6. Finally, follow the instructions to confirm your account.

Given the fact that it's Saturday and the banks might be closed, it might not happen in time, but I thought it might've been good to know this information for you [and others] in the wake of another sale.

(oh, and if you don't want to transfer money directly into your Paypal account [which takes roughly six days], after linking your bank account, you can pay with Paypal and it'll take the money directly out of there as a secondary choice.

Be careful, though. If you don't have enough money in your bank account, they'll charge you $50 in "Non Sufficient Funds".
I'm sorry, but why should I go through Paypal or whatever to get my bonues when I've always used my bank to buy C-store points? Like Wolf, i stopped using Paypal. It was safer and more effective to go right through the bank.

This is just a scam on PW's part, knowing that we either will bend to their will and run through those hoops to get bonus points or we dont' bother and "more money for them". And I've just about had it with "Perfect" World. They sure know how to manipulate people, that's for sure and obviously don't care about their players, it's all about greed.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-26-2012, 01:05 AM
hang on the sale says you can buy zen or c-points. http://www.startrekonline.com/node/3194

the listed options are under the * are for zen. c-store points should be bought however you normally buy c-points. that is listed under the ** and gives no special requirements.

as for zen, moneybookers is just the middleman they use. you can still use a credit card either visa or mastercard.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
the listed options are under the * are for zen. c-store points should be bought however you normally buy c-points. that is listed under the ** and gives no special requirements.
I bought C-Store points and definitely did not get any bonus with it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
I bought C-Store points and definitely did not get any bonus with it.
I would file a ticket then because there is nothing in the promotional page that suggests you have to pay for cryptic points in a different way, except that the cryptic points card are excluded. they way that is worded you should get your extra points via the normal method.

the listed ways fall under the zen options under the * and should have nothing to do with how you buy c-points.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradikitten
Insteresting. So I attempt to use the steam wallet for cryptic points, and just get stuck in the endless jungle of Perfect world's site. Used to be when I hit "buy cryptic points" it gave me the option of using steam wallet immediately. Why has this changed? Anyone been able to get the steam wallet to work?
worked for me fine last night
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longasc
I don't understand why paying by credit card should not get the 15% bonus as well. That's strange.
i now buy zen as my account is merged and i have an option to buy with a credit card and i got the 15% just fine. it goes through moonybookers.
Closed Thread