Lt. Commander
# 1 T5 K't'inga Battle Cruiser
05-25-2012, 04:32 PM
The feds have their t3 crusier (the excelsior) retrofited as T5 with currently the only cruiser with LTC tactical slot, why cant the KDF get their T3 ship retrofited to T5 aswell? The federation already coppied the kdf's carrier, the kdf should return the favour

(i think the Klingons need a Excelsior simmular ship and i like the K't'inga Battle Cruiserdesign, specialy the Koro't'inga skin altough i wouldnt mind seeing a new ship either)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 08:55 AM
That's very interesting, I think your the first person on the Klingon side to think that.

Seriously there are a ton of other threads suggesting this very thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2012, 09:59 AM
what would interest me, is how long does it take to make a ship in STO?

i mean, the model exists, so i imagine thats a big part of work before you implement a ship.
BOFF layout, Weapons, Consoles...adding that can't be that much of work.
Testing?
i doubt there is any appart of functionality tests. surely there is no balance testing. making screenshots for the c-store can't take too long

So how long does it take? anybody?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2012, 12:11 PM
No, unfortunatly, he is not the first to mention it. That being said, I will repeat what I said on that other thread:

I wuold support adding the K'T'inga at T5 as an additional skin for the T5 Vor'Cha Cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Not a bad idea NeilCell, but one must wonder how the K'Tinga parts would interact with the Vor'Cha parts?

Heck mine is a Vor'Kang with a Vor'Cha "Saucer" or nose. It makes it look longer and sleeker and I quite like it. And I would very much love to have the Excelsior BOFF layout for this ship. I'd totally take the D7/K'Tinga if that was the only way to get the Layout but I do love the Vor'Cha's shape.

I really think KDF does need at least one more cruiser, We got a Science Cruiser in the Orion FDC, We got an Assault Cruiser in the Vor'Cha Retrofit, the Negh'Var is what I would call an enduring Cruiser, because it's that bit tougher than the Vor'Cha. We need/want a Tactical Cruiser. I think it's a reasonable request, we're happy to have it in the form of a D7/K'Tinga, just make it a bit more agile and fragile than the Vor'Cha.

That being said I consider the Vor'Cha more fun than my Sovereign and it's not just because the Vor'Cha is flown by a Tac.