Lt. Commander
# 1 Changing Bridge officers how??
05-26-2012, 07:25 AM
Hey im sure this has been answered before. And im a noob who cant figure this out.

But how do you change bridge officers. iv got 1 tact 2 science and 1 engin. i wanna replace an science officer for another engineer.

iv also got another engineer on the exchange but i cant seem to find him in my skill section or any where.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimz1990borg
Hey im sure this has been answered before. And im a noob who cant figure this out.

But how do you change bridge officers. iv got 1 tact 2 science and 1 engin. i wanna replace an science officer for another engineer.

iv also got another engineer on the exchange but i cant seem to find him in my skill section or any where.
Buy bridge officer slots or dismiss an old boff. Look in the mail for things from the exchange, then look in the candidate roster.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-26-2012, 08:04 AM
dismiss the one you don't need. be sure that he is not wearing anything, otherise you lose his gear too.
on the right side of the Boff asignement window you have a list of BOFFs waiting to join your crew. right klick the one you want and select "join"

now he is on your BOFF roster and you can appoint skillpoints, promote him etc

PS: just to be clear, you are not talking about the BOFFs selected for the ship stations?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
dismiss the one you don't need.
Why dismiss? The poster may decide that they like the previous one than the replacement.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Why dismiss? The poster may decide that they like the previous one than the replacement.
but if he doesnt have any spots free he would need to dismiss one
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok so I dismiss then they should appear. Cuz I didn't want to dismiss and lose an officer. =) thanks guys I'll try that soon as I log on. And not not ship stations.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimz1990borg
Ok so I dismiss then they should appear. Cuz I didn't want to dismiss and lose an officer. =) thanks guys I'll try that soon as I log on. And not not ship stations.
Not really.

Here are the concepts you are looking for.

In order for you to be able to assign a BOff to your ship stations or to your away team or to train him or her or to allocate points to powers, that BOff has to be a member of your crew. Your crew size is limited by the number of BOff slots you have. You get a specific number of BOff slots when you create a character, you get more as you level, and you can purchase more (two at a time) from the C-Store.

When you have more BOffs than you have BOff slots, these extra BOffs go into your reserve roster. BOffs in reserve are eligible to join your crew but they cannot be assigned to your ship stations or away teams, and you cannot allocate points to their powers and so on until they are actual crew members (i.e., fill an actual BOff slot). BOffs that are in your crew show up on the left side of your character sheet under you and your current ship. BOffs that are in your reserve roster show up on the right side (at least, they do when you have an active BOff selected).

To move a BOff from your reserve roster to "active duty" to serve on your crew, you double click on him or her in the reserve roster. If there is an open BOff slot, he or she will ask if you want him or her to "Join" your crew (i.e., take up an open BOff slot) or to train one of your active BOffs. If there is not an open slot available, he or she will inform you that there are no positions available and just offer to train your crew. In either case, if you choose "Not Now," he or she will remain in your reserve roster. This same process occurs when you acquire a new BOff. He or she will ask you if you want him or her to join your crew (or tell you no room is available) or ask if you want to train an existing member. Again, if you choose "Not Now," the new BOff will go to the reserve roster.

If you want that BOff to join your crew and you have an open BOff slot, he or she just takes the next available BOff slot. When this happens, you can then assign that BOff to your ship stations or away team, allocate points, increase his or her rank, and so on.

If there is no BOff slot available, that is when you have to decide what to do. You can either purchase more BOff slots or you can dismiss one of your existing crew members to free up a slot. As someone else mentioned, you should remove any equipment a BOff has before you dismiss a BOff from your crew or that equipment will be lost when you dismiss him or her. Once you get an open BOff slot, you can then have that new BOff join your crew, which will then make him or her available for assignments to Bridge or Away Team slots or any of the other things available to active crew members.

As a side note as I mentioned, when you get a new BOff or double click on a reserve BOff, one of your options is to train a crew member. If you choose to do this, you will be allowed to pick one of that BOff's powers to train one crew member in that power. Like any other training, it has to be a crew member of the same profession for that power, and it will replace the power the crew member already has a that rank. Once the training is complete, the training BOff will "go back to the academy" or what have you, and he or she will be lost.

So to answer your question, no, simply dismissing a crew member will not make BOffs in reserve show up in your ship station or away team drop downs, and it will not allow you to rank up their powers and so on. Likewise, you only need to dismiss a Crew member if you don't have BOff slots available.

Thus, what you need to do is to make sure you have a BOff slot available. You can purchase more BOff slots or you can dismiss a crew member to do this. Be aware however that dismissing the crew member does not move him or her into your reserve roster. It deletes that BOff altogether. That means you lose any skill points you invested in him or her, and you will want to remove any equipment on that BOff that you want ot save before you dismiss him or her.

Once you have a free BOff slot, you can move one of your reserve BOffs to your crew by double clicking on him or her and telling him or her to join your crew. Simply disimissing on of your crew (or buying more slots) won't automatically add a BOff in your roster to your crew.
Ensign
# 8
08-07-2012, 12:18 PM
hi all

i have same problem,i have a spare ensin sinence slot and a firengy female sience officer available but she keeps saying theres no room?

i also have a enginiring borg officer and a saurian enginering officer available.

do i have to get rid of my bridge crew for the new officers?

cherrs for the help

john
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-08-2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson4 View Post
hi all

i have same problem,i have a spare ensin sinence slot and a firengy female sience officer available but she keeps saying theres no room?

i also have a enginiring borg officer and a saurian enginering officer available.

do i have to get rid of my bridge crew for the new officers?

cherrs for the help

john
Like the previous poster said, how many spare slots do you have? If you look on the left side of your status menu, are there any gray, empty slots for more Bridge Officers? If not, then you have 3 options:

- Dismiss an existing officer to make room to add a new one
- Level up and wait for a new slot to be added automatically
- Buy new slots on the store
Ensign
# 10
06-12-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey guys,

I just starting playing this game a few weeks ago so am still learning the basics. I have figured out how to change Bridge Officers by dismissing thanks to some research online.

I have follow up questions about their skills however. Now that I've got my second ship and figured out how my Boffs work i also figured out that I'm not happy with the ones I've chosen and the skills I've given them. So i was wondering...

-If I dismiss aa Boff are the skill points I spent on them gone or are they refunded to me to spend on other officers
-If I change out a skill by retraining what happens to the points I put into the old skill
-Is there a way of resetting my Boffs skills back to zero and choosing their upgrades again

Thanks