Lt. Commander
G'day,

I was wondering if anyone knew a way of removing the shield status bars that float around your ship during combat. I find them redundant (and kind of cheap looking) during combat because mostly I glance down at the hull/shield status part of the "dashboard" anyway.

Plus, you can remove the entire HUD (Alt + F12) but those brackets still remain and make taking action screenshots impossible (without looking lame).

Does anyone know how to remove/hide them? If there is no way, than I motion for an option to remove them or a modification to the HUD removal function that will make them disappear along with the HUD.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-26-2012, 11:17 PM
hit options, turn it off
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Go to the options / basic tab, and select "Off" for "Enable directional shield FX" the first option on the list, then click "Apply" and "OK".
That will turn off the directional shield graphics, I've played without it now and then but have found it's handy to have as a reminder of which shields are down while in combat, it's easy to ignore the hud shield levels when things are going on, so having that graphic reminder can be a big help.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor
Go to the options / basic tab, and select "Off" for "Enable directional shield FX" the first option on the list, then click "Apply" and "OK".
That will turn off the directional shield graphics, I've played without it now and then but have found it's handy to have as a reminder of which shields are down while in combat, it's easy to ignore the hud shield levels when things are going on, so having that graphic reminder can be a big help.
I mostly have them on when i do ESTF's since your shields... even at 125 shield power, can get eaten through quickly but the cubes and spheres if there are enough of them.