Lt. Commander
# 1 DHC's on a Varanus
05-26-2012, 11:56 PM
I noticed that you cannot equip Dual Heavy Cannons on the Varanus Support Vessel. All the in-game Gorn NPC ships allow the use of DHC's. I would love to see the class requirement for the Varanus change to allow it to equip DHC's. Does anyone else feel this way?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 01:56 AM
DOLA

I'm also for Orion ships being able to equip DHC's as Orion NPCs have them in-game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2012, 01:57 AM
I believe it is to help with balance. Becouse it seems to be more Science related vessel. Haveing cannons on it could make it over powered, cannons + sensor analysis + lots of science abilities on a ship that can turn.

This is similar to the Orion Flight-Deck cruisers not being allowed to equip cannons as they could have additional DPS comeing from pets.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Let's believe it's for balance's sake but remember that the other 2 Klingon carriers (Vo'Quv & Kar'Fi) can equip DHC's and spawn attack pets as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Let's believe it's for balance's sake but remember that the other 2 Klingon carriers (Vo'Quv & Kar'Fi) can equip DHC's and spawn attack pets as well.
only the kar'fi can equip DC and DHC...as a trade off it has no target subsystems
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2012, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
only the kar'fi can equip DC and DHC...as a trade off it has no target subsystems
Although the way it balances itself and such along with its turn rate I do not know who would put those cannons on the Kar'fi its annoying to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Although the way it balances itself and such along with its turn rate I do not know who would put those cannons on the Kar'fi its annoying to say the least.
it's doable in PVE, but i guess everythig is doable there. i do actually, but i never do any PVP with it.
IMHO PVP in a cruiser/carrier is a little dull and "masuchistic". I don't like to be beaten on and on. the role of the hunter fits me more than that of the prey.
i guess everybody has his own fetish.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
it's doable in PVE, but i guess everythig is doable there. i do actually, but i never do any PVP with it.
IMHO PVP in a cruiser/carrier is a little dull and "masuchistic". I don't like to be beaten on and on. the role of the hunter fits me more than that of the prey.
i guess everybody has his own fetish.
I would worry if you made a rainbow cannon kar'fi... I keep chasing their weapon trail looking for a pot of dilithium...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
I would worry if you made a rainbow cannon kar'fi... I keep chasing their weapon trail looking for a pot of dilithium...
lol, got to remember that one next time i see a rainbow cruiser
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-27-2012, 11:08 AM
The Kar'fi would probably make a terrible rainbow boat as I believe the things actually use weapons power rather than max auxillery.

But a Science vessel would probably be fine, as I see myself running Aux and Shields with minimal weapons power. Not to mention I'd be putting the special consoles in Tac slots or Torp boosts rather than Energy consoles. My experiments in this kind of build have been fun.

Also I'm pretty sure I can mount DHC's on a Vo'Quv