Lt. Commander
hey guys

simple question. what setup do you prefer between cannons and turrets on the Vo'QuV for damage/sustained DPS

Also. what would be the optimal hanger fighters to go for. ofcourse you start with the To'Duj, and theres advanced To'Duj, but if your after tanking yourself and your fighters doing most of the DPS ontop of your cannons. which ones dish it out
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Uh... DPS? DPS?! (We talkin' bout PRACTICE?!)

I usually have my Aux as high as possible since I'm mainly thinking about Sci & launching fighters. If a STF fails because my Carrier itself isn't doing enough DPS, then I think I'm doing it wrong. Fighters are doing the DPS for me, and I'm managing the show from afar.

I mainly run Phased Polaron arrays, plus a Polaron DBB (to replace with a Mk XII Borg eventually), plus a Mk XII Polaron [Borg] turret & a Mk XI [Acc]x2 Polaron turret. DPS really has nothing to do with my weapon choices.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2012, 06:37 PM
It is quite a pain to line up cannons in a Vo'Quv. Doable, even with Daul Cannons, but you had better have powers that can stack for turnrate boosts and know where the enemies are coming from long in advance. Probably would be better going with all turrets or one fore and aft beam array(subsystem targeting) and four turrets.

The new Dil store BoPs come recommended for dishing it out in several threads (not tried them since I'm in a Kar'fi now). The Blue To'duj are great for DPS. The Orion slavers are good for their debuffs from disrupter procs, the weird status effects (like stealing crew away), and the mines they launch which can do quite a bit damage if a group of them locks onto a unshielded target at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping
Uh... DPS? DPS?! (We talkin' bout PRACTICE?!)

I usually have my Aux as high as possible since I'm mainly thinking about Sci & launching fighters. If a STF fails because my Carrier itself isn't doing enough DPS, then I think I'm doing it wrong. Fighters are doing the DPS for me, and I'm managing the show from afar.

I mainly run Phased Polaron arrays, plus a Polaron DBB (to replace with a Mk XII Borg eventually), plus a Mk XII Polaron [Borg] turret & a Mk XI [Acc]x2 Polaron turret. DPS really has nothing to do with my weapon choices.
Not a game, not a game. But PRACTICE.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Do you get in the thick of the fighting?
If so turrets will let you attack from every angle.
If you sit back and attack from afar then DHCs might be a good choice.

Either case, stick 3 on your rear, then setup your forward mount points per your play style.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-27-2012, 08:42 PM
My Current line of Carrier thinking is five Turrets and a Beam Array, thinking fore rather than aft.

I'm also running max Aux power, and Disruptors for the Debuff, I'd be running TT1 > CRF1 >CRF2 as Tac, this is all theory but, I haven't tried to set my carrier up properly yet, as I don't have the spare BOFFs.

And I really need to experiment with units, I think 2 x Slavers for PVE since free stuff is awesome, and 1 BoP, 1 Tu'Doj for STF. With power drones for Bosses.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-28-2012, 01:34 AM
well i dont have that much dilithium to spend. i have enough to cover 2 advanced hanger items. but weapons will have to be borg along with consoles etc from STFing so ill need a viable setup for STF. i have a total of 62k dilithium atm

Also, i understand the love of Beams, but id like to find a cannon build that works without the need of beams, thats teh point of this post in the first place

I do plan to fight from a distance, and let my pets do most of the hard work, especially in STF. so im hoping to get the right pets, if im going to spend 30k dil, i want to make sure im making the correct choice u know?

so i need to know the best choice for the most suitable hanger items for the Qu'Cov
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Best hangar for the Vo'quv (assuming no other unlocks)?

I think the BoP is maybe the winner, but I think the regular B'rel BoPs are not that much worse than the B'rolth BoPs.

The To'duj are very good. I don't really use my Advanced To'duj any more, though.

My "always use" slot is Advanced Orion Slavers. Between stealing crew & running the Beam Array (unlike the To'duj & BoP pets, which have cannon weapons), I think the Slavers are a little underestimated.

What should you pick? IMO, Advanced To'duj are still the "can't miss" pick. The difference between standard To'duj and the Advanced To'duj is wider than the B'rel/B'rolth BoP choice.

I'd try Green/Uncommon Slavers before you buy the Rare Advanced Slavers, though they are my favorite Vo'quv pets. The B'rel, B'rolth, and Advanced To'duj are all interchangeable for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-28-2012, 04:48 AM
Have you considered single cannons? Allthough they dont do the damage the other cannons do (DC, DHC... QC), they have an 180 arc and fire relatively fast.

The 180 degree arc makes it so that when your target is besides you you can 'broadside' with those cannons.
Coupled with 2 to 3 turrets in the back and you have some decent dps (if you use CRF1/CSV1).

I would recommend against all turrets though; but they can fire in whatever direction they need to, but at the expense of damage.

I'd say 2 single cannons fore (get purples; the single cannons are dirt cheap since no-one is using them...) and possible a torp (or add another single cannon; forget the torp) + 3 turrets in the back.

Or put in a single beam array for beam overload1 + cannons and turrets... (dont pick a dual beam bank; you need coverage in your carrier, not firepower...)

All I can say is I am having alot of fun using single cannons in pve (daily's and Borg Alerts...) with my k'tinga (plasma torp, 1 disruptor single cannon, 1x plasma/disruptor cannon hybrid, 3x plasma/disruptor hybrid beams) combined with my kdf engineer captain I can lay down some hurt (nadion inversion and eps power transfer...)

I would say try out single cannons... Dual cannons and the heavy's dont have the arc to be used properly on a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-28-2012, 06:14 AM
It highly depends on what your up to.
The 6x turret build is good for 360 coverage without having "blind" spots, but the overall dmg is not that much. I would also recommend this just for PvE with anti borg wep for STF, since the turrets procs more often for 1k dmg extra.

The DHC looks awesome in the beginning, but as many say, you have the rely on your turnrate.
This i would just recommend for group PvE, where the carrier has a special task (like KA space def 1 side) wich don't need rapit change of facing. But beware, cannons and turrets lose a lot dmg over distance, and so a real waste of dps if you dont go up close an personal.

And there is the 6 beam Setup.
If you can handle the drain (and as carrier I see this as standart) this is dps wise the best of the 3. For exp. when i fire my tac team/EPW/pattern beta2 and set a sensor on the target, each beam hits for 2.8-3k dmg each shoot over the duration. On top is the dmg loss over distance not so hight as it is with cannons and turrets, making this a good setup to attack things that might get a little nasty over time (tac cube/gateway etc.)

I have testet all 3 versions + torps, and for me, the all beam build is atm the best in overall dps, and always remember, the carrier has 2 bays, use them.
For max dmg BoPs go first, if not, take the fighters.
For disable and tac cube declawing i recommend siphons.
If skilled right, tachyon drones can eat up enemy shilds pretty good (on a note, only 4 active ones are suported, so it makes no sense to take both hangars with them)

AND go for flight deck Doffs! 3 purple will give you a basic hangar CD for BoPs of 8 sec and you can spawn siphons instantly.
I see this as a good exc for all the damn PvPWhine based nerves the carrier had to take since the game was released....