Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
http://www.raidcall.com/

And it takes up a great deal less bandwidth than skype. Also, unlike LOLSTO's ingame voice chat this actually works. And works beautifully.
There's no committment to buy what so ever. Get some of your buddys on your friends list to hop on RC with you whenever you guys get a wild hair and decide to pvp. Congrats, you now have access to the single biggest tool that those ebil premades have, without spending $ each month. Solid Reliable and Rapid communication.

Installation is incredibly easy, as is setting up your servers. Joining servers is also incredibly easy. (for those of you that don't like vent cause you can't get it to work... this is so painfully easy it is almost simply point and click to join a server)

I use RC all the time, when playing starcraft2 in the teams ques (as I am strictly a pug there), Sins of a solar empire, sometimes in STO when our vent crashes and bombs out (as vent is prone to do. Never had RC do it), RIFT, wow etc.

If you have friends, (you do have friends right?) shoot them whatever your server info is, or join your buddy's server at the start of a match. If you or your friends are too lazy to setup a new server (even though it only takes like a minute tops) my RC servers are open to everyone. Alliance of Gamers and CAC Backup. Or shoot it out to team chat. Post something in Zone like "getting everyone situated on RC. 1 sec plz" so the other team doesn't just bum rush you. Most premades will not move towards the spawn if you ask them to give you a sec. If it's a pug you are against (which are the ones most likely not to listen to your request.. also funnily enough most pveers are Pugs) once everyone is situated, you'll probably start murdering them even if they are humping your spawn.

Now, once everyone is on RC, what do you do? Start by calling targets. Look for whoever you think is weakest on the enemy team, call out the target (by default IIRC Raidcall uses an open mic system which you can change to a push to talk easily). Everyone that hears it? bring your guns to bear on it. Step two, once a large amount of heals and resistances come into the target (but before they can fully repair said target ideally) call out for a sub nucleaonic beam if there's a sci on your side. Watch the hilarity ensue. If there is no Sci captains on your team, you'll have to attempt to jump targets and stay ahead of the enemy cross heals. Eventually if you are cycling targets enough, you'll find the gap between healing cool downs (assuming your enemy is smart enough to actually heal team mates) and get kills. Step three, call out for heals, and periodically give people an idea on how much longer it will be before either your best damage skills, or heals will be available.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Good tip. This is a pretty solid option for VoN... but you know the masses will remain unclean and ignore this post. I hate that.

I have no idea how people can play any type of team oriented tactical game without some sort of VoN be it vent, skype, ts, or this gem. No wonder pugs are a clusterkuf.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-27-2012, 08:15 AM
Also it's worth pointing out, that Raidcall is also supported by many games in game, so you can see who's talking without having to tab over to a new window. It brings up a little display in game, of who's in the channel with you and an icon appears by their name when they speak.

I haven't tried it with STO in a while, so I don't know if STO has said support yet or not. (probably not.. they couldn't be bothered to have actual in game support for the 360 controller despite having advertised said support on the back of the box)
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Also it's worth pointing out, that Raidcall is also supported by many games in game, so you can see who's talking without having to tab over to a new window. It brings up a little display in game, of who's in the channel with you and an icon appears by their name when they speak.

I haven't tried it with STO in a while, so I don't know if STO has said support yet or not. (probably not.. they couldn't be bothered to have actual in game support for the 360 controller despite having advertised said support on the back of the box)
I think it works much like TS Overlay and is game independent?

Regardless, it is a great feature to have no matter which voice option you use. I can't remember if it supports sending the speaker/channel list to the G510 LED readouts (or any other gaming kb like that) though. - There could be a plug-in made for it though.
---------------
EDIT
---------------

Tested with Mav and it does not have a working overlay sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-27-2012, 09:03 AM
Post removed
Lt. Commander
# 6 You Rock
05-27-2012, 09:19 AM
you are dead on why ppl refuse to play 5 v 5...5 ships focusing on 1 has no chance, is usually dead in under 10 seconds and every time that players returns he is immediately focused on again and popped ....noone wants to fly for 10 seconds and then stare and a re-spawn timer over and over again...not only that but most pvp'ers are outright mean, in many cases the new players find themselves under a verbal barrage of insults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
I take it then you advocate ganking players... and we wonder why itís open season on premades

Suggesting a tactic like this is meant to swell the dismal PvP numbers? It's one of the primary causes of new players to PvP being overwhelmed not to play again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
It's one of the primary causes of new players to PvP being overwhelmed not to play again.
My comment is not limited to STO PvP and applies to PvP in any game:

Many to One targetting is a valid tactic that ensures enemies are removed from the battlefield quickly. If that means taking a weak opponent out first, then so be it. Decreasing OPFOR numbers increases your team's chance of killing the next target.

Maybe I misunderstood the meaning of your post. Perhaps you meant continuous griefing of a weak target? I will agree with you there. But Mav's post does not suggest griefing. In fact, he goes further to suggest that OPFOR is in actual team-mode - note the sentence where he states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
...once a large amount of heals and resistances come into the target (but before they can fully repair said target ideally)...
What he described was a true Many vs Many engagement where one team is on the offensive and the others react with defensive heals etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Post removed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Post removed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Post removed.