Captain
# 1 Steam
06-03-2014, 08:07 AM
So every time i try and load the game with Steam it crashes BUT when i load it with Arc it works fine,,,,,,,,,mmmm,,!!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 2
06-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpugwash1 View Post
So every time i try and load the game with Steam it crashes BUT when i load it with Arc it works fine,,,,,,,,,mmmm,,!!!!!
I load it with Raptr
Which one will you be?

Captain
# 3
06-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Always use steam but now the game crashes at start up but all my other games are ok,,,,,bit odd.

PS im in the UK,,,
Empire Veteran
# 4
06-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Always use steam but now the game crashes at start up but all my other games are ok,,,,,bit odd.

PS im in the UK,,,
Have you tried bypassing steam and just loading the launcher directly? (you can also load the game without the launcher to test)

I had an issue once and it was the launcher doing it.

Also, you can force verify the game in steam and then in the launcher to redo all files.
Which one will you be?

Career Officer
Quote:
This is really troubling to hear. This isn't the first recent post on this topic.

PWE/Cryptic: In my household, we're considering adding a new STO account for a new player. That person wants to access STO through their existing Steam on Windows account. (NOT SteamOS. We know that is a Linux platform. Only the Steam client for Windows.)

This includes a probable lifetime STO subscription and STO Legacy of Romulus purchase.

Could you please advise if the Steam client issue is being addressed by Cryptic (PWE), or this is an issue for Valve (parent company of Steam)?

Please also update your release notes to address this issue.

If this issue needs to be addressed differently, e.g. filed as a bug report to Valve (Steam) or PWE/Cryptic, then please advise.

(Moderators: Please help us understand the best way to uplevel this issue.)
Captain
# 6
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Was working fine last night but this am crashes then force verify then crashes,,,,,
Will have a play around and see what happens...
Ensign
# 7
06-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I have steam and not arc, but I don't use steam to launch. I have a direct shortcut to the launcher. Checked it just now and works fine, even with steam running.
Super Moderator
# 8
06-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucana66 View Post
This is really troubling to hear. This isn't the first recent post on this topic.

PWE/Cryptic: In my household, we're considering adding a new STO account for a new player. That person wants to access STO through their existing Steam on Windows account. (NOT SteamOS. We know that is a Linux platform. Only the Steam client for Windows.)

This includes a probable lifetime STO subscription and STO Legacy of Romulus purchase.

Could you please advise if the Steam client issue is being addressed by Cryptic (PWE), or this is an issue for Valve (parent company of Steam)?

Please also update your release notes to address this issue.

If this issue needs to be addressed differently, e.g. filed as a bug report to Valve (Steam) or PWE/Cryptic, then please advise.

(Moderators: Please help us understand the best way to uplevel this issue.)
If it was a major issue, there would be hundreds of threads/posts about it. Odds are this is a limited situation. Force verify all files is the best option as there is nothing going on server side that I'm aware of that'd bork steam (considering it's just a launcher in it's basic term it wouldn't effect any STO materials).
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 9
06-03-2014, 03:44 PM
As was said in the thread started about this started yesterday, it only appears to be happening to those using the Steam beta.
Captain
# 10
06-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by url1k View Post
As was said in the thread started about this started yesterday, it only appears to be happening to those using the Steam beta.
Thanx for info & yes it is steam beta.

Last edited by captainpugwash1; 06-03-2014 at 04:17 PM.