Lt. Commander
# 11
05-29-2012, 05:37 AM
I personally love my Prometheus MVAM in PvE play and in STF play, since I can usually chew through opponent before they can bring their full complement of trick on me, especially with the manuverability to get behind an enemy ship since really annoying powers like Subnucleonic beam can hit you if you're in front of them or to the side of the enemy ships.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-29-2012, 08:28 AM
I have mixed feelings about MVAM. I imagine it'd be great fun for PvE play. In STFs, I've seen the components go off and blow things up before they're supposed to. <stares at winters> :p In PvP, I see people flying around with 1/3 of a ship all the time because the other parts get taken out quickly.

I'm with carmenara, the plain old Prometheus is a good ship. I personally find science slots more useful than engineering for how I play. If I'm going to PvP, I can load up on all heals. If I'm on probe patrol in an STF, I can switch out a couple heals for a polarize hull and a tractor beam repulsor to better deal with them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
I love the Prometheus, it become my favorite ship when I first saw it in the Voyager episode "Message in a Bottle". As far as game play wise...I stand by it as the best, I'll admit it is possible that I'm just biased, but if it's not broke, don't fix it. The Prometheus works plenty well for me. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seldrin View Post
I love the Prometheus, it become my favorite ship when I first saw it in the Voyager episode "Message in a Bottle". As far as game play wise...I stand by it as the best, I'll admit it is possible that I'm just biased, but if it's not broke, don't fix it. The Prometheus works plenty well for me. ^_^
Likewise - I primarily use my Prometheus in STF's - and aside from the MVAM components shooting at cubes early on the occasions when they decide to fly off and do their own thing, I find it to be a fantastic ship. And whilst my toon is science, and I love science ships, the Prometheus is just pure fun to play.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-29-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
I have mixed feelings about MVAM. I imagine it'd be great fun for PvE play. In STFs, I've seen the components go off and blow things up before they're supposed to. <stares at winters> :p In PvP, I see people flying around with 1/3 of a ship all the time because the other parts get taken out quickly.

I'm with carmenara, the plain old Prometheus is a good ship. I personally find science slots more useful than engineering for how I play. If I'm going to PvP, I can load up on all heals. If I'm on probe patrol in an STF, I can switch out a couple heals for a polarize hull and a tractor beam repulsor to better deal with them.
I just want it noted, I keep my MVAM together on STF's until it's just a slagfest with no need for strategery. Likewise I control my fighters with a recall order until the end with my carrier

Now time to get my Hort hunting ship out :p