Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-31-2012, 02:38 AM
After many cheats and glitchs in the vault event, I quit to playing this.

Is really no fun to see one person or an entire team cheating your game, getting all xp, killing everything in seconds and just saying "Leave this to me, I kill all and protect the npc!" and give a beaves or a butthead smile and say loudly "f*ck *p, this is a crypt game, we can cheat anytime and nothing happens!" after getting the rewards.

After meeting people like this cheating openly and the Staff/Devs/PW/Crypt don't make anything clear to resolve this, I have no reason to play this event again. This ruin the whole experience. And make us, letigime players looking like idiots for playing fair and trying to get things without cheating.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-31-2012, 07:05 AM
can you really blame people ? not only is the vault event a long slog to grind datalogs which you cna potentially lose when crafting, but If someone finds a bug in the game, reports it to cryptic, and they do nothing about it ? of course players are gonna have a little fun whilst it lasts.

If there was an actual incentive to use a shuttle, with rewards worth the long haul to collect the required data logs, then it might be a different story.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-31-2012, 07:10 AM
I don't have an issue with it either. If we're going to have to grind for an hour the same mission over and over again, why not take advantage. And the Romulans have a big ship in there, why not us?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoenATL
I don't have an issue with it either. If we're going to have to grind for an hour the same mission over and over again, why not take advantage. And the Romulans have a big ship in there, why not us?
Deeply flawed logic. Nobody is forcing to grind anything. Don't like the rules? Don't play. Your choice, no repressive force at work at all.

I routinely leave groups with big ships in the VSE and decided to put every exploiter on ignore for good. Given how apathetic Cryptic has been towards this issue (Fix supposedly on Tribble, but nothing in the Holodeck patch notes yet...), my only protection against these clowns is not to bother with them ever again.

Of course there are still plenty of incompetent muppets around to make the event needlessly challenging. Those guys are the real attraction.

"The new VSE: Just like any old STF missions but with different voice-over."
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonih
After many cheats and glitchs in the vault event, I quit to playing this.

Is really no fun to see one person or an entire team cheating your game, getting all xp...
Getting all XP? Umm XP is shared among team mates, no matter who gets the actual 'kill'. Plus, this is a level 50 mission. You don't gain any more XP at level 50. Just BO points. And do you seriously have a shortage of BO points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonih
After meeting people like this cheating openly and the Staff/Devs/PW/Crypt don't make anything clear to resolve this, I have no reason to play this event again.
Actually, this is resolved on the Tribble build. Anyone who gets in with a big ship gets auto booted from the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-31-2012, 02:37 PM
I seem to recall that they released a fix as soon as they could to prevent people TAKING their full size ship into the vault. Then those cunning little ninja exploiters figured out how to swap ships once inside (god that must have taken all of 30 seconds thought). As Latinumbar says this is now resolved on tribble and should be on holodeck in the near future.

Doesn't affect me anyway as I could never get in game when the event was running and have now stopped even checking if it is available or not.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Just remember it isn't cheating to intentionally exploit a bug, use a huge ship in a shuttle only event, violate terms of use agreement, mess up every single vault queue, and have an unfair advantage over players not in your game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
... mess up every single vault queue, and have an unfair advantage over players not in your game.
I really don't see how this messes up the que. I've been in missions with all shuttles, and I've been in missions with several big ships. The que is unaffected by this. If a player quits before it starts, someone else from the que is put in. Sorry, just don't see how this exploit affects your que.

Unfair advantage? Sorry, but advantage for what? They are on your team helping you. All XP (BO points in this case) is given to all players. You are not cheated out of anything except perhaps the satisfaction of getting the actual 'kill' yourself. Everyone gets a datacore at the end if the run is successful. I, for one, am actually happy when I see a big ship on the team as this will decrease the chance of a failure, and most likely shorten the duration of the run.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Since EXP really isn't a factor here the real thing is if you take a full sized ship in there is there really any challenge? Is someone so hard up for romulan data cards that they need to take a ship that's 10 times more powerful than the average shuttle just to do this mission? I think my Danube would do just fine along with other shuttles. You'd be amazed how much damage Attack Pattern Alpha, Fire on my mark and Beam Overload when used with a weapons battery can do to a Bird of Prey
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
I really don't see how this messes up the que. I've been in missions with all shuttles, and I've been in missions with several big ships. The que is unaffected by this. If a player quits before it starts, someone else from the que is put in. Sorry, just don't see how this exploit affects your que.

Unfair advantage? Sorry, but advantage for what? They are on your team helping you. All XP (BO points in this case) is given to all players. You are not cheated out of anything except perhaps the satisfaction of getting the actual 'kill' yourself. Everyone gets a datacore at the end if the run is successful. I, for one, am actually happy when I see a big ship on the team as this will decrease the chance of a failure, and most likely shorten the duration of the run.
Their little method screws up the queue system and creates mass bugs. That is why it effects the Vault Event so much more than other Queues.

On that note, yes it is unfair. Players that get it legitly are working hard for their data, these cheaters are spitting in their face and saying LOL LOOK AT ME GET THEM EASY.

How is that not unfair to the players that are legit?