Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebinu View Post
I can only invite everyone to use the bug. For the record, i did not before because i dont like the Vault. I did this mission once or twice and it was boring and actually, i didnt know what to do because there were no explanation to this at all (or none that was immediately visible). So, why am I inviting everybody to use this bug?

1. Without the bug, you have to work hard.. Harder than you should (cryptic logic, see grinding in STFs)
2. It was never that easy to get something from STO. Imagine there would be a bug in the STFs, i would surely use to to get a set for all (2) my toons. I just dont have the time to play STO all day long and i dont want it and it starts to get really boring..
I disagree, I've done it on occasions when there actually were only 5 shuttles in the event. and if you work together it's actually quite easy if everyone remembers this: 3 shuttles to protect the romulan ship, 2 to do objectives. I've seen teams of 5 shuttles finish this quicker than 4 full sized ships and 1 shuttle because all 4 big ships either wanted to protect the romulan, or nobody did. either way causing the mission to fail. Big ships aren't a guaranteed win if you aren't working together.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
you know what makes me laugh here is by everyones logic, kirk should not have cheated on the kobyashi maru test. Kirk didnt believe in a no win scenario. So why then all the hate on people using larger ships ? who dont believe in a no win scenario ? and are using their own "re-programming" of the test ?

Seriously you people make me laugh sometimes. So much *****yness its untrue
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-11-2012, 01:27 PM
What I don't get, and i've just posted this in another section, Is that this mission is timed. Based on how fast Obisek does his decryption as well as how long it takes from point A to point B. Beyond that enemies are spawned in waves. Clearing a wave only spawns the next wave. so bringing in big ships only spawns more waves. A shuttle travels almost as fast as a big ship so that's not game breaking, and an atrox carrier isn't going to speed up the whiny reman, no matter HOW many fighters he brings. Is it how cryptic designed it? no, but the only way i see it changing between shuttles and big ships is that it causes more enemy spawns. Which last i checked didn't really seem to be a huge advantage in a time based mission.

ANY team in 5 shuttles can do this just as fast as a team in 5 Carriers if they know what they're doing. So why every one has to be about the "cheating" and "dishonor" i find kind of ridiculous considering how many times other exploits that actually have a game changing effect have been used by both sides. If anything, Cryptic should just add more shuttles when big ships are in to make it a little bit harder to fight off a swarm rather than sit there and fix a bug that's not hurting any one.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Not Cryptic's finest moment
06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NahariKajal View Post
Yesterday I had a run where I was the only player in a shuttle.
When I was data log grinding for my VR XII Remen equipment (4 fails meant I needed an additional 32 data logs), I was sometimes the only shuttle in the event filled with capital ships. This often happened.

After seeing the consistent appearance of capital ships in the Vault Event for such a long time, I chalk this error up, along with the inability to delete the Anti-Borg Matrix device, as something no one care's about.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-11-2012, 03:43 PM
from what I have gathered it is just appearances. I saw loads of big ships, than they only used shuttle beams, and one torp
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-12-2012, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers
I'm sure in some cosy corner of the Enterprise somewhere, Spock is mumbling, "By that same logic, if one does not like the rules, why play by them..."

PS. Whats vault event like. Never seem to be on time for ONE! Throws CRYPTIC a mean foul look!
Spock was smarter than that. He'd have understood me.

And on the postscript, to maybe have this definition added to the wiki: The Vault is a ridiculously easy event when run by five capable captains who (1) know which way to point a phaser (2) don't mistake their shuttles for bumper cars with stick shifts (3) can tell left from right, or left from the other left (4) keep their eyes open to their surroundings (see above, bumper cars) and (5) have learnt to match icons to skills (assuming they have any, naturally).

I hear there are those who manage to fail even in big ships. Oh the ignominy...