Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
I spoke with Gozer and we should have some...enhancements that will kick the difficulty of this scenario up by the time this event happens.
Oh no... no no no

I thought that the "design" was that players would have a hard time getting past wave 8.
So if the "kick" (BAMM!- thnx Emeril) is to make it harder, than wouldn't this lower the intended design?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-29-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Things got so bad you needs beg for testers? Never needed to do that before..
Right, there's never been testing events or testing incentives on Tribble before.

Oh. Wait.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?t=271861: "Made separate Fed and KDF queues for the Colony Invasion ground event."

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I wonder if that has anything to do with my sci's magical ability when they it was one que to put nanites on myself and to be a double agent and heal both my team and the enemy klingon npcs.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Are you new here? Cryptic has not only had test events on many occasions before, it's a commonly used tactic in the gaming industry. The main idea is to get in heavy testing over a short period by encouraging people to test during that time. Tribble Test weekends where scheduled and awarded events, and I know they have done other focus events similar to this before as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?t=271861: "Made separate Fed and KDF queues for the Colony Invasion ground event."

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So I take it you actually mean both the No Win Scenario and the Colony Invasion event will be run? Should I also assume that the No Win Scenario will also have two queues one for FED and one for KDF?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Huh? They've done stuff like this (hold Dev events on Tribble to get testers) since Season 2. Tribble is honestly usually a ghost town with less then 20 players on unless:

- There's a now C-Store ship they've put on the Rxperimental ship console for testing.

- There's the release of a new and popular feature everyone wjanyts to try out to find the best want to make use of it when it goes Live.

- It's an official "Tribble Test Weekend" - where testers get rewarded anytime from a few days to a few weeks afterwards with a 'special Tribble'; or some type of accolade/item for testing a certain amiout of time over that weekend period.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkarris
So I take it you actually mean both the No Win Scenario and the Colony Invasion event will be run? Should I also assume that the No Win Scenario will also have two queues one for FED and one for KDF?
No; we'll only be running "No Win Scenario" for the event I have planned. I was just pointing out that Tribble patch note as it only applies to the Colony event -- there was some confusion that it applied to NWS.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-29-2012, 05:29 PM
I needed to update the day of the event to Friday. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Will there be a reward for this like past tribble test events?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
Will there be a reward for this like past tribble test events?
This is just a community event I personally planned, so no rewards for this event I thought it would be fun to get everyone on Tribble and try out the new "No Win Scenario".

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Closed Thread