Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I''m a lifetime member and I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't played regularly in about a year. The last ship I got I was able to purchase with energy credits. Now, they have to be purchased with dilithium and I was just promoted to Captain and I have no idea how to quickly get it. I have ~ 18,000 right now and I need 80,000. Are there any missions that I can rack up a ton of dilithium with or is there any other way through barter with Ferengis on a station or something that I can get dilithium from?

Any advice would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Well, you used to be able to Kerrat and gain Dilithium pretty quickly, but it's been made a dailiy now and it seems the level 50 version of the mission has disappeared completely. Aside from doing qued PvP and the dailies, there's no fast way to farm it.

Only other option is to sell your c points on the dilithium exchange. Current rate is about 315 dilithium per c at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-29-2012, 04:46 PM
The Breen dailies pay 2400 a runthrough (finish the first two missions in the Cold War arc to get these). Combining "Explore Strange New Worlds" and "Explore The B'Tran Cluster" pays 2880. If you queue any of those up one day, then don't do them to the next, you can queue up again immediately on completion, run them again while you're already in the area, and double your pay. Do the Academy Mid Term for all your characters each day, 480 per character for 2 minutes work (look up the answers on STO Wiki, Lore section). Use your free Klingon character and do lots of "Disable <species> Freighter" in Romulan or Cardassian Space to get lots of contraband (Vulcans give nothing, but Ferengi carry extra, everyone else is average), turn that in for 2000 per 3, and mail any surplus to alts for them to likewise turn in. Sell the prisoners to labor camps for 500 per 4. Depending on how much time you have to use these, buy more character slots and make extras to increase your doffing and refining limits.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-29-2012, 04:49 PM
Buy it. That is the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
When you say you just hit Captain... Do you know that as a gold or lifetime member you will get one ship at every new rank for free - up to Admiral? You only have to pay if you want another ship of the same tier. So if you are still Capain, I would consider just playing the remaining tier with the ship you got free and then select the one you really want at the Admiral rank.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Here is my nightly Dilithium farming routine:

1) Do Strange New Worlds and Explore B'Tran Cluster at Vice Admiral Level.
You will get 2880 Dilithium for participating in 3 exploration missions. Can be finished <15 minutes on Normal difficulty.

2) Do the Vice Admiral Daily Fleet Battle mission for 1440 dil

3) Do elite space STFs for 1100 dil per run. They're easy to complete once you got STF gear sorted out. I average 5-10 missions a night.

4) Deferi Dailies

5) PvP dailies (1440x2?)

6) Send colonists to Federation borders (or deport Colonists) for 500 dil each

7) Exchange 3 contraband for 2000 dil

8) Engage and destroy Borg mothership in sector Red Alert

I sometimes do only 1-3 for about 10k dil per night and if its a weekend about 20k per day easily.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the tips on the routines, everyone. These are good ideas, all of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Rax
Buy it. That is the idea.
Sorry, but screw that. I didn't pay $300 at launch plus $80 for the game to continue to fork over more of money for a game that I wasn't supposed to have to pay anything for again. How naive I was, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeissl View Post
When you say you just hit Captain... Do you know that as a gold or lifetime member you will get one ship at every new rank for free - up to Admiral? You only have to pay if you want another ship of the same tier. So if you are still Capain, I would consider just playing the remaining tier with the ship you got free and then select the one you really want at the Admiral rank.
I thought that was the case but when I went to get my ship it wanted 80,000 dilthium from me. I just assumed they changed the rules. When I say I just made Captain, I mean like as of yesterday morning. I still have my old ship.

So what's going on here with me not getting my Captain's ship? What should I do?
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-30-2012, 12:11 AM
did you forget to accept and do the promotion mission to talk to the admiral. you might have to return and talk to him he gives you a token for a ship at lvl 10 20 30 and 40. check in your mission log for a mission named [Promotion] normally with green letters. if its not there look in your avalible quests for it. If neither check by esd admiral office see if he gives it to you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-30-2012, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmystic View Post
did you forget to accept and do the promotion mission to talk to the admiral. you might have to return and talk to him he gives you a token for a ship at lvl 10 20 30 and 40. check in your mission log for a mission named [Promotion] normally with green letters. if its not there look in your avalible quests for it. If neither check by esd admiral office see if he gives it to you.
D'oh! I did forget. Lessee how this works out... Stand by.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Yes, even silver players get free ships every 10 levels now.