Lt. Commander
# 1 Attack Pattern: Diarrhea III
05-30-2012, 12:34 AM
aka. "Eject Warp Plasma III"

Is it just me or is this ability insane fun? It's pretty good for area interdiction attacks, slowing down annoying borg and even works on single targets too.

I like to stop my ship on top of things, unload last night's dinner on it and watch an insane amount of damage counters scroll by. It does a surprising bit of supplementary damage if you crap neatly on target

Some like to vomit evasively, others (like me) like to do the business neatly and make one little green cloud on top of the Assimilated Carrier so less cleanup is required later. (you know, Attack Pattern Diarrhea doesn't come with TP) Lol...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 01:37 AM
I love ejecting my warp plasma on people. I'm an Engineer, and when I'm in my non defiant ships, my favourite tactic is to trap people in a tractor beam, swing around and dump plasma on them (usually hitting them with a Acteon Beam on the fly past). Works great on the larger ships as you don't have to waste time wearing down their shields, and they have a fairly decent recharge time as well.

One time in Kerrat, I was the only fed vessel there against 7 Klingons. We warped into a new stage and I was slap bang in the middle of them all. First thing I did was dump plasma, followed by the war cry

"PLASMA EVERYTHING!"
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 02:27 AM
It's fun, I like to leave Tricobalt Mines in the Plasma.

But be careful certain forum posters, hate this ability because it doesn make "since" (Sic).
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
It's fun, I like to leave Tricobalt Mines in the Plasma.

But be careful certain forum posters, hate this ability because it doesn make "since" (Sic).
That thread is worth the read. I like how you dumbed down the function of the "ship doing toilet business" attacks because it is frankly an unusual combat technique in almost any game type and the description might be helpful for some.

I might get Theta Radiation too so my ship gets even sicker and can conduct [Attack Pattern: Diarrhea 6]. It's like mixing milk and orange juice

Trivia: Attack Patterns above 3 exist in canon. Sisko uses [Attack Pattern: Omega 4]. Perhaps, we may see that in the Season 6 update!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2012, 03:23 AM
run a tac cruiser and spec heavy into particle generators and youll insta pop NPCs with warp plasma
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2012, 03:56 AM
Yeah i gotta say i do like this ability, it really has got me out of a couple of scrapes . . i like to speed towards the enemy using evasive maneuvers . . “let out a sneaky one” over the top of their ship, then activate a tractor beam to keep em in the stench for as long as i can . . Mwah ha ha ha . . usually followed by “How’d them apples smell buddy !” . . . judging by the numbers evaporating off their hull . . i’d say not good.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Eject Plasma + Mines is always beautiful... I slotted mines standard in my cruisers before I fell in love with what Aceton Beam does to cubes...

I have a theta console on my main toon... I like to bring my ship against its hull of a tact cube... buff up.. drop theta and let my cannons plow it..

Mines dropping out the rear still helps since its close enough for them to head straight at the cube as well..
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-30-2012, 04:32 AM
It's really great that Eng. slots can still net you a snare. Makes not having high-rank science slots slightly less of a bummer.

Often my Extend Shields on one officer can be swapped for an officer with eject warp plasma depending on what I'm doing (as, for example, if we're splitting up in KA I won't be shield healing others as much but will be happy to ruin some probes' or spheres' days; curling around a cube with it is fun, too).
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-30-2012, 07:02 AM
u think warp plasma is good u should use thata radiation it kicks bum
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2012, 06:33 AM
I like using warp plasma as a defense agaisnt those pesky high yield borg torps...