Lt. Commander
# 1 "Kill some Gorns for me "
05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
was rerunning Researcher rescue the other day (my name is Sollvax for I am many)
And the dialog mistake "Kill some Gorns for me" really got on my nerves

the plural of Gorn is Gorn

Anyone else find such things annoying?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 12:59 AM
I find the notion of Starfleet officers "killing someone for someone else" more annoying than anything grammar-related.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 01:22 AM
IIRC, a researcher utters that line. He probably said "Gorns" on purpose as a racial slur (cf. Spoonheads, Cardies).
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 01:36 AM
We need the ability to leave the guy in the fire then
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
I find the notion of Starfleet officers "killing someone for someone else" more annoying than anything grammar-related.
In my mind, phasers are all set on stun.

For some reason, I read the title of this thread to the tune of 'Pour some sugar on me'.

Honestly, little grammer and spelling errors may mildly annoy me, but no more than if I read them in a paper. And I'm certainly not one to comment on such things.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 01:47 AM
Oh these little things bug me far more than graphics errors (although my favorite graphic error is the levitating Borg drones near the wall in the power plant on defera (best witnessed on upper level section alpha ))
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Researcher rescue annoys me more for the fact you disable, not destroy the final gorn ship.

And the research team requests to beam back down to the planet, and you warp out. Leaving the ship there capable of repairing it's damage, and beaming more gorn to the planet to kill the researchers.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak
In my mind, phasers are all set on stun.
Same here. It's the only Starfleet way to do it. And it annoys those Gorn and Klingons a lot more to be captured than to be killed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Researcher rescue annoys me more for the fact you disable, not destroy the final gorn ship.

And the research team requests to beam back down to the planet, and you warp out. Leaving the ship there capable of repairing it's damage, and beaming more gorn to the planet to kill the researchers.
Well, I would rather see no exploding ships at all (except under very unusual circumstances), and have "disable" be the default for everything. That "disabled" ship is a burning wreck. It will never move under its own power again, unless it has a player (or very important NPC) as its captain.
Lt. Commander
# 10 TNG episode idea....
05-31-2012, 08:20 AM
ST TNG Crocodile Tears:

Enterprise D and Crocodile Hunter Exchange program:

The Crocodile Hunter wants to hunt Crocs of the 24th century...........

Croc Hunter: Croiky Mate!, Look at the size of that animal *points at the Gorn* (stares wide-eyed at the bi-pedal Gorn laying on the ground on the holodeck)

Riker: should we not tell him Mr.Worf?

Worf: Tell him what? That the "Croc" is not native to Earth and is really a holographic Gorn with the safety settings off?

Riker: yes

Worf: Every warrior has to learn his limitations Commander, i say lets see if he Hunts as good as he claims.

The Croc hunter leans in close to the Gorn, then begins to examine it putting a rope around his nose

Croc Hunter: Easy girl.....*patting its nose"

Gorn: Who are you calling a girl Terran vermin ssssssss!

Croc Hunter: You.......can talk!!!!!!! *backs up slowly*

The Gorn gets up and rips his rope off and swips at the Hunter and starts chasing him........

Running past Riker and Worf waving his hands in the air screaming Aaaaaahhhhhh!

Riker: Don't worry they only like the daredevils! *shouting*

Worf: Computer Arch..........

Riker: We can't just leave him.........

Worf: Poker at my place?

Riker: Thought you never asked

Croc Hunter: Will someone please help me!!!!!! *ducking and running*

Leaving the Hunter screaming and running Riker taps his badge:

All senior officers report to Mr. Worf's for Poker tonight.

Then the walk away smiling.

AAAAAAHHH! can be heard throughout the deck.

Worf: some Hunter.

End of epidsode