Lt. Commander
I would like to recommend to the community: that the community as a whole adopt the positive position, to request of the Perfect World / Cryptic Studios development team, to develop forthwith; the technology/game assets, that would allow players to build customizable, executable Ability Combos of which would be activated on the skill tray/bar.

How ability combos / chains would work:

Players would be allowed to drag and drop their Bridge Officer, Career, Console and Ship specific abilities into a new User Interface that would save the template of the combination. Abilities dropped into the new UI slots would activate from left to right.

Example: A player wants to create a combo to chain Emergency Power to Shields and Emergency Power to weapons. The Player has two copies of each of the abilities!
-The player then will drop EPTS in the first slot, EPTW in the Second Slot, EPTS in the third slot and finally EPTW in the fourth slot.

-The player then saves the new combo.

-The player then goes to his abilities menu and selects the combo as a usable ability and drags it into his ability tray/bar for use.
How the Combo exicutes: Upon activation of the combo, the first ability on the left of the combo will activate. The second ability in the combo will then activate upon availability. In this example, EPTW canít activate for 15 seconds. However, as soon as it is able it will activate. Next EPTS will activate; until finally the last skill in the combo activates. The combo will not be able to be activated again until all abilities in the combo have cooled-down.

Using combo abilities in this way would open up a new style of game play in Star Trek Online that is much more user friendly compared to the current Key-binding system already used by players in the game.

Therefore, would you stand with me and request that this type of feature be made available in Star Trek Online?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Not for abilities no. That would be too confusing already (i'm confused) and be subject to abuse. Something like that exists for melee weapons, but it's rather piddly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 05:31 PM
So basically a user friendly macro system.

To be honest it sounds like a lazy players way out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Good idea, but no thanks. I can do all of that through keybinds, and don't need the UI to tell me that I can't do X combo until Y combo is finished. I like spamming my mouse and keyboard, and keybinds aren't really difficult or time consuming to set up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattimeo97
Good idea, but no thanks. I can do all of that through keybinds, and don't need the UI to tell me that I can't do X combo until Y combo is finished. I like spamming my mouse and keyboard, and keybinds aren't really difficult or time consuming to set up.
I like to spam my keyboard as well. However, having played a few MMO's that used a combo system like this, which is a lazy way to chain skills, and having found the feature enjoyable; I thought I'd gauge how the STO community felt about it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 02:55 PM
What you're asking for are essentially macros, which are somewhat restricted under the game's EULA and ToS.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2012, 09:08 PM
You can already set this up for yourself with keybinds. Personally I think there more work than there worth but you can decide that for yourself.