Lt. Commander
ticket: 1,346,572

Project
"12th Fleet Introduction"

last published april 11th

I went to open the project today and several entire maps are missing along with some costumes too.

lots of errors stating : resource is missing <then names of the now missing maps>

I spent alot of time on this as we use it as a recruitment tool and allows you to interacte with avatars of our command staff. So i update every few months and have done so for about a year....now its dead.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I seem to remember something similar to this happening around season 4, and I do remember them being able to fix it, so don't worry too much just yet. It may not happen overnight, but they may be able to fix it. You might want to include the project code in your post here. It should begin with ST- and then a string of letters/numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I seem to remember something similar to this happening around season 4, and I do remember them being able to fix it, so don't worry too much just yet. It may not happen overnight, but they may be able to fix it. You might want to include the project code in your post here. It should begin with ST- and then a string of letters/numbers.
In season 4, tons of dialogue went missing, essentially breaking most mission. I don't remember maps disappearing.

OP, you've lost dialogue and maps, yes?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
I went to open the project today and several entire maps are missing along with some costumes too.
I really appreciate your prompt report. An operational problem caused sudden Foundry data loss that affected a fairly random selection of projects. With the information you provided, we were able to very quickly isolate the issue.

We've been working on repairing this issue all day. When we bring the Foundry back online, your project will be totally intact.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and the scare of seeing all of your hard work mysteriously missing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isomorphism View Post
I really appreciate your prompt report. An operational problem caused sudden Foundry data loss that affected a fairly random selection of projects. With the information you provided, we were able to very quickly isolate the issue.

We've been working on repairing this issue all day. When we bring the Foundry back online, your project will be totally intact.

I apologize for the inconvenience, and the scare of seeing all of your hard work mysteriously missing.
Are you our mystery Foundry dev?

My heart skipped a beat while reading this, but thank you for the update. This was starting to get scary. I really hope that your efforts are successful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm REALLY glad you folks have backups and/or restore points for all our Foundry stuff. I'm going to be honest, these kinds of errors make me lose a year off my lifespan.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavarius View Post
I'm REALLY glad you folks have backups and/or restore points for all our Foundry stuff. I'm going to be honest, these kinds of errors make me lose a year off my lifespan.
In the news tonight: is software the new silent killer? Is your MMO trying to murder you? We'll provide the facts, but you decide.

All jokes aside, thankfully they have backups.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isomorphism View Post

Thanks for the fast response Iso
I owe you a beer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Have you checked your project? Is it fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenatevi View Post
In the news tonight: is software the new silent killer? Is your MMO trying to murder you? We'll provide the facts, but you decide.

All jokes aside, thankfully they have backups.
It's deadly stuff!