Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
That's super scary if it's related. I wonder if some kind of update to some maps made the older version go poff.

That's season 4 on super-steroids.
Indeed the mission is updated once a month as it contains avatars of all our command staff(which do change) so a player can interact with them as a promotional tool for recruitment. They can access a database to read our fleets policys etc. They can visit multiple decks to "visit" each division we have. It also had a mini puzzle....i was about to add a space combat portion at the end where the player would help actual 12th fleet members ships(costumes) fight off an attack on the fleets starbase.

alas thats when i realised 80% of the mission is gone...just awol.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Love it..
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Got to love it and you just got StarTrek.com to do a article on it...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Hi Captains,

The Foundry for Star Trek Online is currently unavailable. The team is aware of this and will provide updates to this thread as they become available.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

UPDATE #1 (1:37pm PDT): This applies to both editing and playing Foundry projects.

UPDATE #2 (3:09pm PDT): The team is working on bringing the Foundry back up. Our current ETA is 7pm PDT but this can change to be earlier or later. Thanks for your patience.
DAMNIT BRAN HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO TELL YOU TO KEEP YOUR CEREAL BOWL AWAY FROM THE SERVERS!!!!

PWE please Buy Bran THIS so he stops spilling milk on the servers and making parts of the game unavailable
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM
I really hope that when the Foundry's fixed it'll mean that we can buy foundry slots again. I was going to buy a few and get started on making some missions, but that's kind of hard to do when the bar for it's grayed out and whatnot despite having more than enough dilithium on my primary character.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
This is a great idea; I'll pass it along. In the meantime, don't forget that, if you are signed up for Tribble, you can access in-game chat via a XMPP client. More information here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Am I the only one here who is kind of leery of entering my login info into a 3rd party app like an XMPP client?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Probably. Just get a well known client or dont use it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body_Surfer
Am I the only one here who is kind of leery of entering my login info into a 3rd party app like an XMPP client?
Get an open-source client like pidgin. If you're leery, you can look through the source code.

Problem solved.

(And FYI, pidgin is safe so far as I can tell and works with just about everything.)
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-30-2012, 06:54 PM
I lost a good forty minutes worth of work. Still could have been a lot worse, though.

I almost panicked when I saw the "Create Content" tab was greyed out, thinking it was a problem with my account. Glad to see it's not.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Get it done!
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
What I noticed happen, was one of my missions was totally borked "IN Foundry"; the live version was fine.

It had missing skins on npcs, mission doors moved, it was just a mess.

I almost panicked until i played the entire live version and found it was fine.

The problem now is, I cannot update the mission without publishing the borked version, i'd still have to do a LOT of edits to fix it.

I was thinking of importing the live non buggy version, and editing over the other, i'm hesitant to delete the version in Foundry call me paranoid, I want reassurance it won't delete the live version.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99 View Post
What I noticed happen, was one of my missions was totally borked "IN Foundry"; the live version was fine.

It had missing skins on npcs, mission doors moved, it was just a mess.

I almost panicked until i played the entire live version and found it was fine.

The problem now is, I cannot update the mission without publishing the borked version, i'd still have to do a LOT of edits to fix it.

I was thinking of importing the live non buggy version, and editing over the other, i'm hesitant to delete the version in Foundry call me paranoid, I want reassurance it won't delete the live version.
OK this is getting scary very fast. If we can't republish, then all of our missions could be permanently borked if there is a slightest of change that requires a simple republish.
Closed Thread