Lt. Commander
# 1 About Cryptic Points
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Okay, I have only one question. Why cant we transfer C-points from one Cryptic Game to another? Like for example, I have 759 C-points on Champions Online, and I have NOTHING I want to spend them on in Champions, but there is something I want to use my points to get in Star Trek Online, the newly added Stalker Stealth Fighter. I would be buying the C-points for it right now if I had a job that could allow me to pay for the points without worry, while its true that 400 cryptics is like 5 dollars, but thats not the point. The point here is that I have C-points that im not using for Champions that I could be using for Star Trek Online but I cannot transfer them. Exactly how is it fair to tell me I cant use my own money for something? I pay to play Champions Online, proudly I might add because i love the game, but the money i have in the bank goes to keeping my subs going and im saving the rest. But with the way Cryptic/Perfect World have things set up, they are basically denying me the right to use my well earned C-points (because I pay to play Champions and its been brought to my attention that i get C-points while staying subbed to the game) for what I want to use them for. So to all of you I ask, how is any of this fair? Why am I being denied free use of my C-points?

PS: Just a note, I do not have anything personal against Cryptic or Perfect World, I admire the creativity of both Companies. I just dont agree with the method of controlling C-point usage.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 05:10 PM
From what I understand, there's two types of C-Points at work: Game-Specific (from stipends or earned by trading dilithium) and Account-Wide (purchased with money). There's no way to distinguish one from the other, which needs to be looked at, Cryptic.

Any C-Points you purchase with actual money can be used in any Cryptic game, but C-Points from stipends or traded dilithium can only be used in the specific game you get them from. This was probably done so that no one could farm dilithium and trade them for C-Points in STO, and then use them in Champions, which would mean less money from C-Store sales for Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
That's not entirely true. If you buy Zen through Perfect World and convert them to C-Points, then they are bound to which ever game you chose to convert them to.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
That's not entirely true. If you buy Zen through Perfect World and convert them to C-Points, then they are bound to which ever game you chose to convert them to.
Indeed that ^
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 06:08 PM

There's no fininancial incntive for the company to allow you to transfer your points. They'd rather you had to leave your Champions points unspent and purchase MORE cpoints for STO. Allowing transfers would allow you to be economical with your points and spend less.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah, any points (aside from Zen) that you buy with money are usable with any Cryptic game that uses them. Anything you get from stipends (like lifetime member rewards) are only usable on the game you were awarded them to.

They do need to make a way to distinguish the two, I'd like to know how many STO c-points I've got and how many CHO c-points I've got :^D

-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2012, 09:03 AM
They don't want it to be that easy.

If you want something in another game, they want you to put money into THAT game also. That is how they profit, by not making all this software so natural. It has walls everywhere.

We are not treated as consumers using a service and the servicing needing to be flexible. We are treated as gamers. As soon as people start seeing the difference and asking why the sooner the west will get to having laws against some of what goes on in games.

Our time will one day be respected. I hope they pay dearly for farming the gaming community.