Lt. Commander
# 11
06-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Author Name: NCC-89471
Number of Missions per Story: 6 planned, 4 completed

Difficulty: Only tested on Normal
Level Requirements: 35+ (The first two missions are actually 16+ but then the storyline veers from Romulan into Cardassian space, which entails a higher level req't)
Solo play / Team Play / designed for team but can be solo: I plan the entire series to be solo, though I may make an STF or Fleet Action version of Part V if a future Foundry upgrade supports it.

Mission Number 1 Name: "Ghosts of War, Part I" (aka "Dust to Dust")
Mission Number 2 Name: "Ghosts of War, Part II" (aka "Extraordinary Rendition")
Mission Number 3 Name: "Ghosts of War, Part III" (aka "Chasing Shadows")
Mission Number 4 Name: "Ghosts of War, Part IV" (aka "The Portal")
Mission Number 5 Name: "Ghosts of War, Part V" (aka "Battleground 001")
Mission Number 6 Name: "Ghosts of War, Part VI" (aka "Time's Hammer")

Special Notes from Author: "Ghosts of War, Part x" is the "official" title of each mission (i.e. that how they are listed in a Foundry search). Each mission also has an unofficial alternate title that appears in the mission description and as yellow text on the screen at the start of the mission.

Summary: An unprovoked attack using a thalaron weapon destroys all life on a planet - including a team of Federation scientists on the surface - touching off a terrifying new crisis. The Romulans are the obvious initial suspects, but your quadrant-spanning investigation peels back multiple layers of deception until arriving at the shocking truth. Then the series shifts gears, as you must uncover the conspirators' audacious yet unthinkable endgame - and stop it, at all costs.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Once Upon A Time Series
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
While I consider myself a mediocre Foundry author at best I submit, for your enjoyment, my series of missions entitled Once Upon A Time.

Author: XerosArmera

Number of Missions per Story: 6 mission story-arc

Difficulty: Difficulty varies from mission to mission

Level Requirements: Between any level up to 46+

Solo play / Team Play / designed for team but can be solo: Designed to be played solo

Mission Number 1 Name: Once Upon A Time: Part I - 2286

Mission Number 2 Name: Once Upon A Time: Part II - 2355

Mission Number 3 Name: Once Upon A Time: Part III - 2368

Mission Number 4 Name: Once Upon A Time: Part IV - 2391

Mission Number 5 Name: Once Upon A Time: Part V - 2415

Mission Number 6 Name: Once Upon A Time: Part VI - The Final Chapter

Special Notes from Author: This story arc continues Star Trek's long tradition of meddling with the timeline and temporal paradoxes. It contains a lot of dialogue, as well as combat spread throughout its six parts, I would suggest bringing along a crew member from each division of Starfleet (Command, Operations and Sciences) to ensure you get the full effect.

Summary: The crew is sent on a routine mission to study an anomaly, but things take a strange turn and the crew find themselves thrown backwards in time and must play a part in some of the turning points of Federation history, defending the past and present in order to protect the future.

For more information: Click Here!
Lt. Commander
# 13 The Ambri Directorate Series
06-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Author: XerosArmera

Number of Missions per Story: 3 mission story-arc

Difficulty: Difficulty varies from mission to mission

Level Requirements: 31+

Solo play / Team Play / designed for team but can be solo: Designed to be played solo

Mission Number 1 Name: The Ambri Directorate: Part I - The Ambri

Mission Number 2 Name: The Ambri Directorate: Part II - Civil War

Mission Number 3 Name: The Ambri Directorate: Part III - The Battle for Ambria

Special Notes from Author: This mission is set after my Once Upon A Time series and is best played after completing those missions. These mission are both dialogue and combat heavy. I would suggest bringing along a crew member from each division of Starfleet (Command, Operations and Sciences) to ensure you get the full effect.

Summary: The crew is asked to participate in an unusual "First Contact" situation, but when things take a turn for the worse the possibility of Federation membership for the Ambri is called into question as the world is plunged into a brutal civil war between the Directorates and a group of Isolationists, and the Federation is given no choice but to intervene.

For more information: Click Here!
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-07-2012, 02:46 AM
I just noticed that the one thing I forgot to add for when you post your missions is if they are for FED or for KDF. I noticed some of you have already added that in and I thank you for that. For the rest of you could you please edit your posts to also include if it is a FED, KDF, or Mixed missions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Author Name: Firepython

Number of Missions per Story: 4 main missions, 2 alternate ending missions

Difficulty: Moderate, can't be rushed

Level Requirements: 16+ overall

Solo play / Team Play / designed for team but can be solo: definetely solo

Mission Number 1 Name: Securing the Bitter End (part 1)

Mission Number 2 Name: Securing the Bitter End (part 2)

Mission Number 3 Name: Securing the Bitter End (part 3)

Mission Number 4 Name: Securing the Bitter End (part 4)

Ending mission 1 Name: Starboard Bitter

Ending mission 2 Name: Port Bitter

Special Notes from Author: Heavy but optional dialog. Does involve fighting. Entire series is up and running. Series is best played in rapid succession (doesn't have to, but the plot doesn't make sense otherwise). Only one of the ending missions needs to be played. Dynamic, branching dialogs.

Summary: I recently made this series that I think fits well here. It's the "Securing the Bitter End" series. It is a federation mission that focuses on the Gorn. It's heavy on the story line element and has a definite story arc. Overall, I tried doing a story a little unusual and deeper than most missions and that expands on the Gorn, who aren't a very developed race in the series. A fun part (I think at least) is that the series tries to through you off your pedestal as the captain, your rank and position changes through the series and the second episode involves you working on an enemy vessel. Theres isn't a lot of combat, but I tried to make what's there challenging and interesting. The story itself is very RPG-like, and requires your attention. The first episode was my first foundry mission, it's not terrific quality, but bear with the series because I got a lot better with time. Enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Changed the name of my mission and updated accordingly.

@Firepython: If you think the early missions are bad, you can always go back and do some polishing. I did so in my mission

*The next day* Edit: Will we ever see a sequel? Other than some rather massive grammar and spelling issues and the fact that the white dwarf approach in part 3 scared me out of the mission (just skipped over to part 4), the story was great!
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
TO ALL FOUNDRY AUTHORS:
The entire STO community can all agree on one very simple thing, one solid fact, there is not enough story content in STO. What little story content there is often feels extremely unfinished or loose ended. This is where all of your hard work and creativity really gets to shine, and many of you have done just that by creating some really amazing stories either a single episode or multiple episode arcs.
Finding such missions in the Foundry listing can be extremely difficult, time consuming, and in the end more combat than story because there is so little description that can be fit in the summary. Not to mention trying to sort through and find the proper order multi-episode missions are supposed to be played in our just searching through to find them. I know Authors already post when they release a new mission, but I've got another idea for this thread.

I'm asking all Foundry authors that have created well balanced story driven (but not story only) single missions of length or multi-episode missions to please post in this thread as a "community guide to Foundry based story content". Please use the following outline when posting to this "guide"

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

It is my hope that we can get a good solid listing started to create this guide, and in the process help our fellow STO players find the story content they are looking for and to help bring a broader "spotlight" Authors at once and more continual than the current "foundry spotlight" does. The one thing that I do ask is that if you're adding a multi-episode story arc mission that all or at least all but the last mission be completed. This isn't to limit anyone but considering how long Foundry project development times can take in would be preferable if players could go from start to finish without a large gap in between to keep up the interest in playing of the next episode and effect of the stories you're trying to tell.
While I'm in no way one of the "great" foundry authors I believe my series has a great story, so I'll throw my series up here for yall. ^.^

Author Name: Skyline45

Number of Missions per Story: 3

Difficulty: Normal

Level Requirements: 16+

Solo play / Team Play / designed for team but can be solo: Solo

Mission Number 1 Name: The Wave Empire Ep.1

Mission Number 2 Name: The Wave Empire Ep.2

Mission Number 3 Name: The Wave Empire Ep.3 (Still work in progress)

Special Notes from Author: (This series is heavily story oriented)

Summary: The Waveloid people hold many secrets including unknown details of the universe. They also seem to be a seclusive yet sociable people. Not much is known of them other than whats in the limited Database they gave us upon joining The Federation.

During Ep.1: A member of The Ascended Council has disappeared from the Wave Empire's capitol world, Atlantis. While this might be a simple case of kidnapping the Federation has deemed it necessary to send one of their top officers. The reason? There hasn't been any trace of crime in The Wave Empire for nearly three millennium. Things quickly elevate, and take you into a very dark hidden part of the Waveloid history.

During Ep.2: After reporting in with Fleet Admiral Vincient Skyline, your orders are to investigate a long forgotten planet that the Waveloids hoped would stay buried. While there the mysteries you'll discover will lead to the prospect of all out intergalactic war.

During Ep.3: (Work in progress)
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Heeeey, you switched review requests in Evil70th's queue, right? That explains why your handle sounded familiar
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn
Heeeey, you switched review requests in Evil70th's queue, right? That explains why your handle sounded familiar
Yep lol ^.^ I took down Ep.1 right when it came up in his queue for some overhauls. He's a good guy for letting me switch them out rather then just skip my request.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Frankly, can't wait to see the review for my own - I do however also fear it