Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Cannot Delete Ships at all!
05-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Okay, i dont know if this was posted or not...but i was wondering if i have to be subscribed to delete ships from my inventory.....because i cant delete them at all..and i have 11 ships! i have 2 shuttles and 9 full size starships! i need to delete atleast 8 of them.....-.- so can anyone PLEASE help me? My Account name is the same as this one....
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 07:21 AM
No you can delete them. Can you walk us through what you're doing in an attempt to delete them?

You have to be talking to an NPC at one of the shipyards at the hubs to do so. Chose the option to select your ship, make you you have the ship you want to keep selected as your current one, strip the one one of everything that it has, and then chose the delete ship option along the bottom. The game will give you a pop up that you have to fill in with the name of your ship.

Is that what you;re doing?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 07:37 AM
and Shipname will include the U.S.S. or I.K.S.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYR
and Shipname will include the U.S.S. or I.K.S.
Agreed. You have to type it exactly like it shows in the pop up. Capital letters and all.

This is the third thread asking about this this morning. There may be a bug....
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 09:58 AM
Yes that is what im doing....im typing it exactly....and it doesnt seem to wanna work with me...i've lost my chance 5 times to get the ship i wanted because of this -.-
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Agreed. You have to type it exactly like it shows in the pop up. Capital letters and all.

This is the third thread asking about this this morning. There may be a bug....
Actually, lowercase spelling works fine, as I deleted a Tier 3 Nebula on one of my characters last night to swap for a Tier 5 Nebula... However, the process is 'white space' sensitive... If you have more then one space between words...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiricspektor1
Yes that is what im doing....im typing it exactly....and it doesnt seem to wanna work with me...i've lost my chance 5 times to get the ship i wanted because of this -.-
The ship you're attempting to delete cannot be the currently selected ship that you are using on that character (just in case that's the one you've been trying to remove); and the delete function does require you to type the U.S.S. or I.K.S. prefix too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
I ran into this issue once before I had to rename the ship before it allowed me to delete it. I just hit the random name, and clicked the first one, then it allowed me to delete it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
actually i found out what the problem was...instead of typing out U.S.S. (name here) i typed out U.S.S (Insert Name here) theres 3 periods lol XD sorry disreguard the message...either way....i still lost my chance to get 5 ships....
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2012, 05:31 PM
i don't get how you lost a chance to get 5 ships?