Lt. Commander
# 11
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pt41nk4ng4r00
I dont remember the exact levels, but if you try to place one of the enemy groups I mentioned in a Foundry mission you get a message telling you the mission will not be available to anyone below X level.
The level the mission is designed for is decided by the creator.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
The level the mission is designed for is decided by the creator.
If you mean that the creator gets to decide what NPCs he uses, that is correct. However that does not change the fact that certain types of NPCs change the level requirement of the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-31-2012, 12:07 PM
k4pt41nk4ng4r00 is correct about certain NPC's requiring a certain level out of the player. (Honestly, I never realized WHY that was the case.) But his explaination is perfectly credible and does make sense.

My question still remains, though. Wouldn't it make more sense to allow for the open-ended ness of the progression rather than the "straight line" approach. I know it doesn't add anything to game per se but since one hardly needs to go through the standard progresion at all anymore, I just didn't see the need to keep it as is, when my proposed method would at least make it appear as though you (as a player) could choose which enemies you tangle with from the start.

I'm not saying it wouldn't require any effort to impliment and I'm not saying it will add content. I'm just asking what folks think of the notion.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_riker01 View Post
k4pt41nk4ng4r00 is correct about certain NPC's requiring a certain level out of the player. (Honestly, I never realized WHY that was the case.) But his explaination is perfectly credible and does make sense.

My question still remains, though. Wouldn't it make more sense to allow for the open-ended ness of the progression rather than the "straight line" approach. I know it doesn't add anything to game per se but since one hardly needs to go through the standard progresion at all anymore, I just didn't see the need to keep it as is, when my proposed method would at least make it appear as though you (as a player) could choose which enemies you tangle with from the start.

I'm not saying it wouldn't require any effort to impliment and I'm not saying it will add content. I'm just asking what folks think of the notion.
Assuming it didnt slow down the development of new content, it sounds great to me.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Its generally a good idea, but its true with the reworking (probably massive reworking) of certain skills.

You can see yourself if you create a foundry spacemap and test it with your foundry testchar. My lvl 1 testchar in no way was able to kill a single reman warbird (excluding clicking the "kill target" button of course).
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-31-2012, 03:21 PM
The main campaign works best in a linear fashion, especially since the game now dogpiles new players with seemingly too many options and not enough filters at the moment.