Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Designed Ships ...
05-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Something I have noticed on the Ships Ither upgraded or Designed for the Game is that they in some cases are not functual ..

Let me Explain ..

Take the Olympic Class, now in All Good Things the Pasteur looked like this
http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/...-08-581830.jpg
(note this is a fan rendering but its 99.9% close to the TV model)

See where the Shuttle Bay and Impule engines are.

The Game vertion (Im guessing is a refitted Olympic class) has the Impulse engines where the Shuttle bay was And No visable Shuttle bays on the Ship at all !! nither do the Hope and Horizon classes.

I also dont note any Shuttle Bays on the Celestial and Envoy Classes.

Am I A; Missing Something ?

Or B; Where the Ships designed for the Game based more on looks that functuality ? IE No visable shuttle Bays.

Im just interested as I myself am a true lover of The Ships In Star Trek and always admired how they throught out how things would work when designing the ships (Even from TOS the Orig Ent was designed with functual thinking in mind) it seems strange that the Game designers missed out such an Obvious thing (shuttle Bay)

Edit : this is not a rant im just noting something I have seen and just noting that some of the Ships may have been designed with looks over "realism" in mind
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 05:39 AM
There are a great many ships that have visible shuttle bays. It can be argued that the science ships you are referring to in game don't have actual shuttle bays for their configuration. The Odyssey, Constitution, Sovereign, Galaxy, and a bunch more have proper shuttle bays. Smaller ships such as the Miranda and Defiant for example do not, and shouldn't have them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiouvegeta View Post
There are a great many ships that have visible shuttle bays. It can be argued that the science ships you are referring to in game don't have actual shuttle bays for their configuration. The Odyssey, Constitution, Sovereign, Galaxy, and a bunch more have proper shuttle bays. Smaller ships such as the Miranda and Defiant for example do not, and shouldn't have them.
Hmmm . . . . . Although i would say that perhaps an Olympic Class starship being a Hospital / Medical vessel maybe an exception to a “smaller” ship having a shuttle bay. Although i understand your point.

My reasoning is that since it maybe necessary to send down or pick up supplies/casualties if transporters are rendered useless for some reason or another. To me it would be pretty bad design to have all the medication in orbit on a ship with no way of getting it down to the surface, if other conventional transportation methods fail.

I’m not saying it’ll have 10 shuttles mind you . . maybe only 1 or 2 . . but have a shuttle bay it should.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Olympic_class
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Funny thing is, both the Miranda and the Defiant have a shuttle bay.

The two blue spots on the back of the saucer are the shuttlebays for the Miranda.

The Defiant shuttlebay is the circle on the bottom of the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 06:26 AM
Some ships are just more accurate than others. There are so many inconsistancys in the game that you can add this one just to the list.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
As its been said both Defiant and Miranda both have shuttle bays
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...anda-class.jpg (The 1 / 2 on the aft view are the two Shuttle bays.

Defiant Shuttlebay
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/ar...ant-type10.jpg
http://www.utopiaplanitia.info/inter...shuttlebay.jpg

The Constitution, Sovereign, Galaxy are Ships created by the TV / Movie teams and seem to have a more thought out process (?) to them than the Ships Created / Re Designed for the Game.

It seems odd that basics are left off a ship design.

The Olympic should have a shuttle bay, heck its a medical Ship what happens if the transporters blow up.

As I said im not trying to "Have a Pop" im just trying to see where the inconsistities are as im a bit of a Star Trek Ship Design nut