# 31
06-07-2012, 10:00 AM
There is no empirical Evidence of the existance of an actual black hole
We don't even know what they are.
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
If you mean moving black holes, the answer is yes. If I am not mistaken, each known galaxy contains at least one black hole at the center. And the galaxies are quite obviously moving, otherwise astronomers wouldn't predict a collision between Andromeda and the Milky Way soon(tm). (See what I did there? )
thx for that answer!

Quote:
There is no empirical Evidence of the existance of an actual black hole
We don't even know what they are.
correct that "we" to "I" and you may have atleast one right thing said in this forum.
there was some proof for their existance, not only mathematically...there was hard evidence for it http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...01/ast12jan_1/
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-07-2012, 10:07 AM
and if either contained an actual black hole they would not be moving
(a point of infinate mass can not move)
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Quote:
the only thing that doesn't move in this universe is your misinformation about generally anything touched so far in this forum.
No matter how much evidence to proof you wrong is thrown at you, your false assumption and general misinformation doesn't seem to go away.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-07-2012, 10:45 AM
if an infinate mass exists the universe is anchored TO it and only one can exist (you can only have one infinate anything)
as space is NOT infinate no infinate mass is probably

but im sure you can show me a black hole
documented and observed by visible light telescopes at some point ??

If not
Well then im right based on available data and YOU are speculating based on bad sci fi
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
if an infinate mass exists the universe is anchored TO it and only one can exist (you can only have one infinate anything)
as space is NOT infinate no infinate mass is probably

but im sure you can show me a black hole
documented and observed by visible light telescopes at some point ??

If not
Well then im right based on available data and YOU are speculating based on bad sci fi
wtf! did you actually click the nasa link i provided?? doesn't seem so, because what you are asking for is actually there!

looking forward to your next "mambo jambo" statement This last one made me laugh so hard, the water i was drinking poured out of my nose!
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-07-2012, 12:40 PM
If an object of infinite mass can't move and black holes are objects of infinite mass, then the black hole would collide into other objects. The black hole would be stationary in space while everything is orbiting around something. Considering that there is supposed to be a massive black hole in the center of galaxies, then galaxies would be stationary and not orbit around some gravitational center if objects of infinite mass can't move. Seeing how there are galactic collisions, then galaxies are not stationary. Therefore, objects of infinite mass can move or black holes are not objects of infinite mass. Seeing how energy cannot be created nor destroyed, then we need to start with an infinite amount of energy or mass to create an object of infinite mass. The mass of a black hole is based on the star that went supernova. Black Holes might have infinite density due to their mass collapsing to an infinitesimal distance, but I am not sure. Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that black holes have mass, but not infinite mass.
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-08-2012, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
If an object of infinite mass can't move and black holes are objects of infinite mass, then the black hole would collide into other objects. The black hole would be stationary in space while everything is orbiting around something. Considering that there is supposed to be a massive black hole in the center of galaxies, then galaxies would be stationary and not orbit around some gravitational center if objects of infinite mass can't move. Seeing how there are galactic collisions, then galaxies are not stationary. Therefore, objects of infinite mass can move or black holes are not objects of infinite mass. Seeing how energy cannot be created nor destroyed, then we need to start with an infinite amount of energy or mass to create an object of infinite mass. The mass of a black hole is based on the star that went supernova. Black Holes might have infinite density due to their mass collapsing to an infinitesimal distance, but I am not sure. Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that black holes have mass, but not infinite mass.
As starkaos said, it is only the density that can be considered infinite; the mass is limited by the mass of the supernova that created it as well as any matter it may have sucked in during its lifetime. Thank you for your rather chunky but accurate explanation of the situation (if you split it up somehow or something, it'd be a lot more comprehensive)

Edit: However, you forgot to explain that the reason the black holes can pull in even light itself is that the gravitational pull of a black hole is much more focused than that of its parent star as a result of its density.

It's hardly the same thing to have an object weigh 1 ton whilst having a density of 1 kilogram per cubic meter or to have an object weigh 1 ton and have a density of 1000 kilograms per cubic meter - the denser object will exert a greater pull due to the focused gravity.

Is my reasoning good, or do I have to rethink my logic?
Lt. Commander
# 39
06-14-2012, 05:06 AM
Two comments on this

First The Dyson sphere could be moved if it had a large enough suction on it to pull it across the roo....er space....... Sorry couldn't resist that one...

Second Instead of the Dyson Sphere what about a ship like the Beast, From the Starfleet Corps of Engineers books and story of the same name. Its power source was a black hole. For propulsion it created a small short lived black hole that pulled it across space until the small hole collapsed into itself, at which point a new one was created further away. It was about half the size of the Dyson sphere, and an extreme amount of firepower. I recall it took Picard and the Enterprise D 8 or more hours of constant fighting before they were able to disable it.
Lt. Commander
# 40
06-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Maximum speed: Warp 0

Turn rate: 0 degrees per second

Crew: 1,000,000,000,000

Special power: just sits there