Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1 Bug Laundry List
03-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Okay, Since I've been actually playing this game (About a month), I've encountered a "Laundry List" of bugs in this game... A game that has allegedly been going on for 2 years now? I gotta say...There is a LOT of bugs in this game. I'm going to try to list them here, at least the ones I've encountered, and/or make me want to "Double Face Palm" the most.

1.) All deployables for engineers. First it was the Cover Shield thing that was the big problem. For the most part this bug has since been fixed..."For the most part" However, It still deploys on top of yourself or other team mates causing them to be "Stuck" inside of it... typing /stuck will get you out of it though.
a.) The Transaphsic Bomb that the engineers have, The bug with this thing is...'You just keep placing them" Instead of actually being able to blow it up. You just keep putting new ones down repeatedly. Need I say ....this is a problem?

2.) You can't properly save your settings such as "Turning on/off Double Tap To Roll". It still auto rolls. Note: this is not the only option you "Can't Save" properly. Alot of these options in the option menu Will Not Take Effect/save properly. (I just used the Turn off double tap auto battle roll, as an example...since it is one of the most annoying.) I've noticed that I can't actually Double Tap to Roll if I'm running around DS9, but while I'm trying to do an STF, it will do the double tap to roll, even though I have that option turned off.

3.) You can get stuck behind the "Zone Wall" in Open space. It has something to do with plotting a course somewhere, anywhere, just pick one. And your ship not stopping at that location, while your "Alt-Tab'd" looking at STOWIKI or something, your ship will fly right past the "Plotted Course" right into the "Zone Wall". I have come to the conclusion that if you are "Auto Flying" into the "Zone Wall" long enough, you find yourself a way behind the Zone Wall. Some how you manage to get behind this Zone Wall, and then you wind up "Stuck" above everything, having to Transwarp out to solve the proplem, as /stuck will not fix it.

4.) Mission Bugs: I've been having a problem with spending a good deal of time doing an "Episode" mission (Even the Old ones, not just the "Featured" ones) only to warp out or whatever it tells you to do when you are supposedly "Finished"....Only to find out that nothing has updated for the Mission, and you can't turn it in. It just tells you to start the mission, as if you have not ever started it in the first place. This is very frustrating. And, a Huge waste of a players time. For Example, A few missions I've had this problem with are "Second Wave", and "A light in the Dark".

5.) There are a lot of Graphical Bugs in the game, for one Shaders, seem to be very glitchy.
a.) Art hole, in the Skin/Texture of Maps, such as the STF Borg KA Ground There are points in these "Maps" where you can see right through the map into open space. Note: this is not the only one, I just can't think of them ALL right at this time.
b.) The Mission Terradome: You can take the turbo lift up, and jump right off into the middle of the "Map" for lack of better terminology. Run around down there like a chicken with your head cut off...find a new spawn point, and "Derp" right into Quarks Bar. To be very honest I can't remember how I "Actually" got into Quarks bar, I just remember running around, and finding new spots to fall further down, and eventually finding a "New Spawn Point". I may have typed /stuck...or actually just fell into Quarks bar altogether.
c.) There are a lot of these maps where you can rotate the camera next to the wall or get right next to the wall and see right into open space.

6.) The bug where you can't shoot during a mission. You'll zone in to a new part of the mission, and just not be able to shoot or use any of your ability's, you can't even toggle to "Shooter Mode". Now...I think this may actually have something to do with "Support" for things like the Razor Naga/ Razor N52 As, this is what I use, and the people that I've spoken with about this that have also had the same problem, have said they are using the same peripherals.

7.) Marathon Runner Borgs! There are STF missions where the Borg move Very Quickly to say the least. Path'ing issue? In defense of this bug, it only seems to be the first couple of groups of Borg, and I've only personally encountered it in KA Ground Elite/Normal STF.

8.) Shooter Mode Bug: where you go into "Shooter Mode" and press your primary fire button, and you just keep firing, ...and it won't stop. You have to actually toggle out of Shooter Mode to cancel this effect.

9.) The "Search Function/Filtering System" for the Ship and Shuttle Requisition NPC, seems to "Not Function Properly". Where it will not filter properly to show the ships you have "Checked" to filter. Or, even worse won't show the ships your looking for. For example: It won't show you the Runabout When you have they Filters/Checkboxes set to only show small craft. Instead it just shows everything. ...Save the ship you want to see.

10.) Borg Adaptation Bug: Basically what happens is the first shot you take at the Borg is already adapted. You then remodulate, fire again...guess what...still adapted! This has something to do with either the mechanic not working correctly for each indivual player, or the shots for the whole team are being counted for the same energy weapon type. I don't know really...I'm not the game designer, nor do I work on it. I'm just trying to offer some insight on what I think it "May" be. I just know it happens, and I don't like it.

11.) There is a bug where the friends you've added to your friends list...You know that field that is supposed to say what "Fleet" they are in? Yeah, that one ...Well, it don't work properly. It will not display your friends Fleet.

12.) Grouping with lower level players "Level Matching" I think this is a bug myself, but apparently as I've since been informed it is an actual intended Feature. What happens is you invite a friend to a group, or he/she invites you rather. When you all enter a mission, or even before really, if you are not "Attached at the Hip" for the entire time your Grouped. The game de-activates this Feature for you. Forcing you to have to "Redundantly" check before and during each mission to make sure you are "Matched" to there level, so they don't get "PWNED". Personally, I don't understand why this needs be a "Feature". But it would seem to me that there is no need, once you are inside the mission for this "Feature" to Deactivate the Level Matching. If everyone always stays at the same level. I fail to see what this Mechanic/Feature is supposed to Negate? Furthermore, say your in a mission, and this Feature, "Deactivates" you can't reset it, you both have to "Zone Out" reset it, than "Zone Back In"...basically you have to start all over. I personally view this is a Huge Gaming Experience Issue.

13.) Most recently the numbers that pop up above your enemies head..."Namely The Borg, in the STF" Are bugged? Displaying very small amounts of dmg.(No they are not adapted either, at least it don't say they are, Maybe that is the bug? It's now not telling you if they are adapted?) What is this? I mean I don't know if that is actually the dmg I'm doing, or if the numbers are just wrong? Have the Borg also become very resilient in these past few hours?

14.) Charactors, Avatars on Namely Taller Charactor Avatars.., when you sit down in your chair, your feet get stuck in the ground. And that one bridge, the name of it slips my mind, but it looks like the TNG bridge. Your Bridge officers are sitting on a "Space" of Thin Air in that one. And, then there is One Boff that there head is all that is sticking up out of the floor. This is obviously either an Animation/Art Issue.
That is the biggest ones that really make me wanna just double face palm when they happen.

15.) Oh yeah! The KA GROUND NPC INTERCOM ....OUCH MY EARS...bug! When you first start the mission, your Ear Hole is flooded with multiple and very loud NPC Intercom Sounds. Audio pack problems?

16.) Dropping Team Bug: Now, there is one bug in STF's where you drop team, that I think is linked with the "Group Auto Shut Off Mechanic" that may be operating off the same mechanic as the "Level Matching System"...er..."Feature". This only seems to happen to me in STF Space. Or PvP Space, or Fleet Action Space.
a.) But the one that really bothers me. Is when you and say a buddy are doing Public STF's together. Well, the game takes you out of your Team Group, and puts you in the STF Team Group. But the problem is, when it is finished and you "Leave Map" It does not return you to your team group that you were in. This is rather annoying as well.

17.) Double Tap To Roll..."Power Slides" instead of Rolls. Animation bug? I thought I had figured this out, I have noticed that if you are Running, and press crouch, you roll instead. But I've since noticed that you also double tap roll too. Even when you have turned it off in the options. So annoying.

18.) Pressing "ESC" will not close the "Injuries" window. While your running all sideways trying to do an STF this is a problem.

19.) No "Recruit" costume for the Recruit MACO set. Why?

20.) Drop Rate for STF Mission rewards set too low...?

21.) Outfits: When you go to a Outfit NPC, to make a slight adjustment to your outfit...it changes the whole thing so some default setting, so that you have to go back and set the whole outfit up over again. And, it won't load your saved outfits either. Thus, costing you more EC than need be.

22.) Can't have your Inventory/Character Window open along side the Exchange or Bank Window now. Unless you open your inventory/Character window first, then open the Bank, or Exchange Window. Opening up Your Inventory or Character window while you have the Exchange or Bank window up will close the Inventory or Character window. This bug started since they made it to where you can't have the ship window open, or it don't show all your ships now. Whatever...in FIXING that, that BROKE, this.

As, I can remember more, or I come across more, I'll update this post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post
Okay, Since I've been actually playing this game (About a month), I've encountered a "Laundry List" of bugs in this game... A game that has allegedly been going on for 2 years now? I gotta say...There is a LOT of bugs in this game. I'm going to try to list them here, at least the ones I've encountered.

1.) All deployables for engineers. First it was the Cover Shield thing that was the big problem. For the most part this bug has since been fixed..."For the most part" However, It still deploys on top of yourself or other team mates causing them to be "Stuck" inside of it... typing /stuck will get you out of it though.
a.) The Transaphsic Bomb that the engineers have, The bug with this thing is...'You just keep placing them" Instead of actually being able to blow it up. You just keep putting new ones down repeatedly. Need I say ....this is a problem?

2.) You can't properly save your settings such as "Turning off the Auto-Roll". It still auto rolls. Note: this is not the only option you "Can't Save" properly. Alot of these options in the option menu Will Not Take Effect/save properly.

3.) You can get stuck behind the "Zone Wall" in Open space. It has something to do with plotting a course somewhere, anywhere, just pick one. And your ship not stopping at that location, while your "Alt-Tab'd" looking at STOWIKI or something, your ship will fly right past the "Plotted Course" right into the "Zone Wall". I have come to the conclusion that if you are "Auto Flying" into the "Zone Wall" long enough, you find yourself a way behind the Zone Wall. Some how you manage to get behind this Zone Wall, and then you wind up "Stuck" above everything, having to Transwarp out to solve the proplem, as /stuck will not fix it.

4.) Mission Bugs: I've been having a problem with spending a good deal of time doing an "Episode" mission (Even the Old ones, not just the "Featured" ones) only to warp out or whatever it tells you to do when you are supposedly "Finished"....Only to find out that nothing has updated for the Mission, and you can't turn it in. It just tells you to start the mission, as if you have not ever started it in the first place. This is very frustrating. And, a Huge waste of a players time. For Example, A few missions I've had this problem with are "Second Wave", and "A light in the Dark".

5.) There are a lot of Graphical Bugs in the game, for one Shaders, seem to be very glitchy.
a.) Art hole, in the Skin/Texture of Maps, such as the STF Borg KA Ground There are points in these "Maps" where you can see right through the map into open space. Note: this is not the only one, I just can't think of them ALL right at this time. This...well I don't have to say what this makes people think about the game.
b.) The Mission Terradome: You can take the turbo lift up, and jump right off into the middle of the "Map" for lack of better terminology. Run around down there like a chicken with your head cut off...find a new spawn point, and "Derp" right into Quarks Bar. To be very honest I can't remember how I "Actually" got into Quarks bar, I just remember running around, and finding new spots to fall further down, and eventually finding a "New Spawn Point". I may have typed /stuck...or actually just fell into Quarks bar altogether.
c.) There are a lot of these maps where you can rotate the camera next to the wall or get right next to the wall and see right into open space.

6.) The bug where you can't shoot during a mission. You'll zone in to a new part of the mission, and just not be able to shoot or use any of your ability's, you can't even toggle to "Shooter Mode". Now...I think this may actually have something to do with "Support" for things like the Razor Naga/ Razor N52 As, this is what I use, and the people that I've spoken with about this that have also had the same problem, have said they are using the same peripherals.

7.) Marathon Runner Borgs! There are STF missions where the Borg move Very Quickly to say the least. Path'ing issue? In defense of this bug, it only seems to be the first couple of groups of Borg, and I've only personally encountered it in KA Ground Elite/Normal STF.

8.) Shooter Mode Bug: where you go into "Shooter Mode" and press your primary fire button, and you just keep firing, ...and it won't stop. You have to actually toggle out of Shooter Mode to cancel this effect.

9.) The "Search Function/Filtering System" for the Ship and Shuttle Requisition NPC, seems to "Not Function Properly". Where it will not filter properly to show the ships you have "Checked" to filter. Or, even worse won't show the ships your looking for. For example: It won't show you the Runabout When you have they Filters/Checkboxes set to only show small craft. Instead it just shows everything. ...Save the ship you want to see.

10.) Borg Adaptation Bug: Basically what happens is the first shot you take at the Borg is already adapted. You then remodulate, fire again...guess what...still adapted! This has something to do with either the mechanic not working correctly for each indivual player, or the shots for the whole team are being counted for the same energy weapon type. I don't know really...I'm not the game designer, nor do I work on it. I'm just trying to offer some insight on what I think it "May" be. I just know it happens, and I don't like it.

11.) There is a bug where the friends you've added to your friends list...You know that field that is supposed to say what "Fleet" they are in? Yeah, that one ...Well, it don't work properly. It will not display your friends Fleet.

12.) Grouping with lower level players "Level Matching" I think this is a bug myself, but apparently as I've since been informed it is an actual intended Feature. What happens is you invite a friend to a group, or he/she invites you rather. When you all enter a mission, or even before really, if you are not "Attached at the Hip" for the entire time your Grouped. The game de-activates this Feature for you. Forcing you to have to "Redundantly" check before and during each mission to make sure you are "Matched" to there level, so they don't get "PWNED". Personally, I don't understand why this needs be a "Feature". But it would seem to me that there is no need, once you are inside the mission for this "Feature" to Deactivate the Level Matching. If everyone always stays at the same level. I fail to see what this Mechanic/Feature is supposed to Negate? Furthermore, say your in a mission, and this Feature, "Deactivates" you can't reset it, you both have to "Zone Out" reset it, than "Zone Back In"...basically you have to start all over. I personally view this is a Huge Gaming Experience Issue.

13.) Most recently the numbers that pop up above your enemies head..."Namely The Borg, in the STF" Are bugged? Displaying very small amounts of dmg. What is this? I mean I don't know if that is actually the dmg I'm doing, or if the numbers are just wrong? Have the Borg also become very resilient in these past few hours?

14.) Charactors, Avatars on Namely Taller Charactor Avatars.., when you sit down in your chair, your feet get stuck in the ground. And that one bridge, the name of it slips my mind, but it looks like the TNG bridge. Your Bridge officers are sitting on a "Space" of Thin Air in that one. And, then there is One Boff that there head is all that is sticking up out of the floor. This is obviously either an Animation/Art Issue.
That is the biggest ones that really make me wanna just double face palm when they happen.

15.) Oh yeah! The KA GROUND NPC INTERCOM ....OUCH MY EARS...bug! When you first start the mission, your Ear Hole is flooded with multiple and very loud NPC Intercom Sounds. Audio pack problems?

As, I can remember more, or I come across more, I'll update this post.
HALLELLLLUJAAAAAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! Look at all the wonderful bugs Cryptic has brought us! lol!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post
I think the Borgs run like toddlers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Also, I would like players to list bugs of their own in this thread if you don't mind, here's a couple:
  • 1 - Broken Turbolifts: When you try to go to another deck on your bridge, you fall through empty space and out of the turbolifts, it has been atleast 8 months of this bug! Tick Tock, Cryptic!
  • 2 - Can't Rename Your MIssion: You can't rename your mission! When you rename your mission and save it, it sticks with the old name. This has been around for atleast 7 months. Tick Tock, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Found an an annoying bug.
With saved uniforms/physical if you load a female outfit onto an officer, then after that, in the same log in, edit a male uniform/look the previous female outfit ..locks into the right hand 'over all veiw' screen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Issues with Reverse Shield polarity. Click on that and you can not bank/roll and it slows you down. You can go up you can go down, you can yaw left and right. I think it has to do with the graphic for the ability because it will immediatly put you on flat plane to match the graphic if you are in a banking turn,
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-10-2012, 02:33 AM
apart from graphical bugs like flickering background nebulae, I consider these to be bugs:

- some DOff Missions that had been failed although using at least all "green" DOffs, will still fail if I use the same guys again, changed them to regular Mr. Barclays´ - worked -->?!?

- klingon side DOff Mission which requires, if I remember correctly to resettle some colonists or the like, rendered me with "all dead - mission successful" - not honorable at all I´d say

- shipweapons randomly refuse to fire although i have no indicator of a debuff or something

- shipweapons: fire all beams is definitely broken as it works 1 time out of 20

- Fleet action "Slowing the Expeditionary Force": when activated via sector space ("Fleet action!"-ships) once it threw me alone in a low(est) foe setting = i crushed the whole fleet alone , dunno if this is meant to be, but killing 3 BoPs with one salvo of fire at will is....uhmm....gnaaaa

- Borg BoP (yeah a single freakin´ship) in eSTF killed me 100/100 ody with a one hit HPT....flagship? crapship!

- random enemies can fire at me while i´m well out of the 10KM zone, one cube once one hitted me while I had fled off to more than 20KM

- while where at it: invisible torps and the like

- random ground missions: search the easteregg^^ sometimes I run around for what feels like hours to find one of the "items" i need to scan for example...very annoying, get some markers in those missions for gods sake! i got a darn ship in orbit that should be able to mark every single spot on an trill - and no, scanning does not help as some of the items are "burried" in the ground and very hard to make out

- Donatra´s darn Scimitar: I assumed that the green cone showing up before that extreme blast shows the AoE but bollocks...you´ll get blasted even outside of it

- extremely poor translation to german on some items and buffs, no details, just wanted to say so

that´s it...for now :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-10-2012, 02:54 AM
[quote=Copenhagen;4107392]Okay, Since I've been actually playing this game (About a month), I've encountered a "Laundry List" of bugs in this game... A game that has allegedly been going on for 2 years now? I gotta say...There is a LOT of bugs in this game. I'm going to try to list them here, at least the ones I've encountered, and/or make me want to "Double Face Palm" the most.

2.) You can't properly save your settings such as "Turning on/off Double Tap To Roll". It still auto rolls. Note: this is not the only option you "Can't Save" properly. Alot of these options in the option menu Will Not Take Effect/save properly. (I just used the Turn off double tap auto battle roll, as an example...since it is one of the most annoying.) I've noticed that I can't actually Double Tap to Roll if I'm running around DS9, but while I'm trying to do an STF, it will do the double tap to roll, even though I have that option turned off.

a.) Art hole, in the Skin/Texture of Maps, such as the STF Borg KA Ground There are points in these "Maps" where you can see right through the map into open space. Note: this is not the only one, I just can't think of them ALL right at this time.

13.) Most recently the numbers that pop up above your enemies head..."Namely The Borg, in the STF" Are bugged? Displaying very small amounts of dmg.(No they are not adapted either, at least it don't say they are, Maybe that is the bug? It's now not telling you if they are adapted?) What is this? I mean I don't know if that is actually the dmg I'm doing, or if the numbers are just wrong? Have the Borg also become very resilient in these past few hours?

16.) Dropping Team Bug: Now, there is one bug in STF's where you drop team, that I think is linked with the "Group Auto Shut Off Mechanic" that may be operating off the same mechanic as the "Level Matching System"...er..."Feature". This only seems to happen to me in STF Space. Or PvP Space, or Fleet Action Space.
a.) But the one that really bothers me. Is when you and say a buddy are doing Public STF's together. Well, the game takes you out of your Team Group, and puts you in the STF Team Group. But the problem is, when it is finished and you "Leave Map" It does not return you to your team group that you were in. This is rather annoying as well.

17.) Double Tap To Roll..."Power Slides" instead of Rolls. Animation bug? I thought I had figured this out, I have noticed that if you are Running, and press crouch, you roll instead. But I've since noticed that you also double tap roll too. Even when you have turned it off in the options. So annoying.

18.) Pressing "ESC" will not close the "Injuries" window. While your running all sideways trying to do an STF this is a problem.

19.) No "Recruit" costume for the Recruit MACO set. Why?

20.) Drop Rate for STF Mission rewards set too low...?

21.) Outfits: When you go to a Outfit NPC, to make a slight adjustment to your outfit...it changes the whole thing so some default setting, so that you have to go back and set the whole outfit up over again. And, it won't load your saved outfits either. Thus, costing you more EC than need be.

LOL EVE been around for 8 years and it still has bugs around from it's release day and newer ones. But i have 1 ESCORT SHIPS, and some klingon ship types, some are undestructable, which makes pvp one sided most of the time
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-10-2012, 06:12 PM
I'll just flat out tell ya. The number one bug that ticks me off the most, is the double tap to roll. In STF's it will not turn off even if you have the radio button set to do so.

Plus, if you are sprinting and you tap your crouch button, you roll. Rolling is really making me upset with the gaming experience.

When do you really need to roll? I mean yeah they did a lot of rolling around in the shows, but ....that was the shows, that was for looks...the Movie Galaxy Quest proved that Rolling does not help anything.

In my honest opinion, I would not be one bit upset if Rolling was completely removed from the game period.

It really is very very very very very irritating.

At the least fix it to where I can turn rolling OFF period, and if other people want to roll fine. But I DON'T.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Bought a C store Klingon Bridge. When ever I go to interior, im submerged up to my neck in the floor, stuck and only able to jump up and down. After numorus reloads and log ins, I had to go back to the shipyard and reequip the standard bridge to be able to move, inside the ship.

Its still the same 5 weeks later.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
Closed Thread