Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I get that the SHIPS THEMSELVES should be rare and that's probably a stipulation with CBS.

But why not make it so that when someone claims a ship, the special weapons/consoles and the bridge from lockbox ships become a reclaimable, accountwide unlock?

So, for example:

Unlock the Cardassian ship, right?

Then let people claim multiples of and reclaim the Spiral Wave Disruptors. Let people claim the Disruptors on alts.

And let people use the Cardassian bridge on any ship they own.

That doesn't impact the rarity with which people might see a Galor but it does make some of the perks accountwide.

Also, I'd say the same for cosmetic Lobi rewards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-31-2012, 07:13 PM
in the same way things from the cstore that used to be accountwide are now no longer such.

They want to make as much money as possible.
Once you get the one rare ship..your not gonna open more boxes looking for it.
I am sure people with multiple toons have already obtained a ship and continue to keep opening them.

Yes the overall rarity wouldnt be effected except, that 1 person only needs to obtain 1 and can onyl fly 1 at a time. But as they will then sell on additional ships they may get or not buy more ships for their alts. The rare ships will be more distrubuted amongst the players. This would mean more could be active at anygiven time. That could effect how many being flown in game at any time, increasing the numbers of ships in use and making it seem less rare.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero;4239942
Yes the overall rarity wouldnt be effected except, that 1 person only needs to obtain 1 and can onyl fly 1 at a time. But as they will then sell on additional ships they may get or not buy more ships for their alts. The rare ships will be more distrubuted amongst the players. This would mean more could be active at anygiven time. [COLOR="Red"
That could effect how many being flown in game at any time, increasing the numbers of ships in use and making it seem less rare.[/color]
[Sarcasm]Not like that's a problem right now at all [/Sarcasm]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-01-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
in the same way things from the cstore that used to be accountwide are now no longer such.

They want to make as much money as possible.
Once you get the one rare ship..your not gonna open more boxes looking for it.
I am sure people with multiple toons have already obtained a ship and continue to keep opening them.

Yes the overall rarity wouldnt be effected except, that 1 person only needs to obtain 1 and can onyl fly 1 at a time. But as they will then sell on additional ships they may get or not buy more ships for their alts. The rare ships will be more distrubuted amongst the players. This would mean more could be active at anygiven time. That could effect how many being flown in game at any time, increasing the numbers of ships in use and making it seem less rare.
what? cstore ships are not accountwide? since when?

to the OP
actually, i don't think it would be such a good idea.
let the ships be bound on one character.

Why do i think so - you may ask?
Cause for almost every new ship, to optimalize your playstyle = you have to reskill, take in new BOFFs and DOFFs...
Style your UI..
and there are plenty of superb VA ships for every faction and class..


So apart from having a d'kora on all chars for easy doffing, mail and exchange(would be kind of an exploit to allow this), there is no need for you to have a galor on all of your characters.
If you want to have it on 2 - there you go, buy a ship in the exchange and you will help the game's economy.

For all the people which opened their locbox ships with a false character (in my fleet one gal has a d'kora on science char and is not very happy about that) Cryptic could sell some kind of Reassign Token for 4800 CP, so one could give the ship to an another character ON THE SAME ACCOUNT.


but LOBI, that is another thing.
I am buying keys for ONE money (mine), so let me put my LOBIs together! Another lockbox rewards are also not bound so..

You say people would create alts - replay FE's to exploit system?
So if someone replays 20 missions 5 times(using 5 cahracters), he IS IN THE GAME FOR 80+ hours, and all he has would be 100 lobis.
That is just a LOL amount for that time.

Set the "open the box" mission for lvl 10-15 on the FED side and lvl 25-30 on KDF side and NOBODY will create alts over and over, play 10 lvls just to get 2 lobis..


and also the KDF - LOBI costumes should be account-wide unlocks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-01-2012, 05:57 AM
I whole-heatedly support this idea, at least for the Galors. It's a shame the way they set them up with only having 4 Spiral Disruptors per ship, when most cruisers mount 6 (or even 8) beam weapons as standard, and then made it so you can only have one Galor unlocked on one character. Essentially this means you'd need to open one lockbox to snag the ship and 4 arrays, then ditch the ship and open another for the second array set and the second ship, the one you'd actually use.

I for one would love having two (or more) Galors on one toon, could simply swap ships instead of re-structuring the lone one between PvP and PvE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-01-2012, 07:36 AM
If your beef is with the disruptors, why not suggest something more practical like make extras purchasable for dilithium from a vendor if you own the ship? I honestly donít see any chance of account-wide lockbox ships no matter how much begging is done, given that people are obviously spending money to get them as per-character.

Plus as someone else stated, I really don't want to see everyone flying a D'kora. The rarity of this ships as per-character made the event of seeing one an eye catching moment. You should take pride in your accomplishment of obtaining one. Don't diminish it by making it account-wide.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-01-2012, 07:51 AM
I don't think lockbox ships should be account wide, however allowing you to trade with yourself would be nice. You can only fly one ship at a time. I'd LOVE to use my D'kora on my KDF character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-01-2012, 08:45 AM
You shouldn't even open lock boxes.

They are used to milk the community. They don't exist to give you happy perks and treat you as if you purchased something from c-store which is bad enough in itself. People who actually put money into the game to open those silly boxes are encouraging what many consider unethical. To come on here talking about getting account wide use of items or use of more items than what the box gives you shows your far from understanding how much they want to milk you dry.

WALLET WARRIORS WALLETS AT THE READY...CHARGE

The whole system is designed for them to profit from the many but not so many get anything out of it. Consumers left with nothing to show for their money but greedy Cryptic and Perfect World getting rich from it.

When is that last time you went into a store to buy something and they offered you the chance of getting what you want in a random cardboard box that may not have what you want in it?

If it was 100% legal to do in a store it would be a common activity. Go into a store, buy a voucher, spend vouchers on random boxes with random items. They get away with it because it is software and internet. Sooner people wake up and demand legislation sooner it will be stopped.

Hopefully Cryptic and Perfect World go totally bankrupt one day with all staff jobless. They ain't important, they are no one and they need to suffer for taking advantage of people who like to play games a lot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
You shouldn't even open lock boxes.

They are used to milk the community. They don't exist to give you happy perks and treat you as if you purchased something from c-store which is bad enough in itself. People who actually put money into the game to open those silly boxes are encouraging what many consider unethical. To come on here talking about getting account wide use of items or use of more items than what the box gives you shows your far from understanding how much they want to milk you dry.

WALLET WARRIORS WALLETS AT THE READY...CHARGE

The whole system is designed for them to profit from the many but not so many get anything out of it. Consumers left with nothing to show for their money but greedy Cryptic and Perfect World getting rich from it.

When is that last time you went into a store to buy something and they offered you the chance of getting what you want in a random cardboard box that may not have what you want in it?

If it was 100% legal to do in a store it would be a common activity. Go into a store, buy a voucher, spend vouchers on random boxes with random items. They get away with it because it is software and internet. Sooner people wake up and demand legislation sooner it will be stopped.

Hopefully Cryptic and Perfect World go totally bankrupt one day with all staff jobless. They ain't important, they are no one and they need to suffer for taking advantage of people who like to play games a lot.
you know, there are people which have ALL the perks the C-store offers,
and they still want to help the game

so i don't see nothing bad on buying a key now and then (for EC or an EUR), wanting to GIVE cryptic some money
and see what they will turn them into.

me myself have opened around 50 lockboxes, but all ships i have - i have bought from the exchange.
but ya know, i just wanted the klingon skirts for 2 of my chars..

even now, when i see a golden lockbox, i open it. ( you can't trade them anyway)
luckfully, i have enough EC to be able to do so without thinking about it much.

actually, i don't see nothing bad about the IDEA of lockboxes, just they should be adjusted a bit in terms of prize, rewards and amount of LOBI's found in them.

i would definitely love to see klingon costumes in the C-store, some KDF shuttles, or a paid expansion with romulans.. but now the game's name is: will STO be here in one year, at all?

You are playing a F2P game now, so if u love it, you have to be prepared to give a dollar.
If u don't like it, just ...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
you know, there are people which have ALL the perks the C-store offers,
and they still want to help the game

so i don't see nothing bad on buying a key now and then (for EC or an EUR), wanting to GIVE cryptic some money
and see what they will turn them into.

me myself have opened around 50 lockboxes, but all ships i have - i have bought from the exchange.
but ya know, i just wanted the klingon skirts for 2 of my chars..

even now, when i see a golden lockbox, i open it. ( you can't trade them anyway)
luckfully, i have enough EC to be able to do so without thinking about it much.

actually, i don't see nothing bad about the IDEA of lockboxes, just they should be adjusted a bit in terms of prize, rewards and amount of LOBI's found in them.

i would definitely love to see klingon costumes in the C-store, some KDF shuttles, or a paid expansion with romulans.. but now the game's name is: will STO be here in one year, at all?

You are playing a F2P game now, so if u love it, you have to be prepared to give a dollar.
If u don't like it, just ...
Help the game! So this is a charity now is it?!

That is crazy, are you telling me you and other players give Cryptic more money for nothing as you have everything already lol ?

Why not just open another account and subscribe monthly then give that account to someone else so there is another player on STO. Hell you could give out credits with that attitude and attract more players too STO through websites.

You must be rolling in the money. Just like Cryptic developers and Perfect World staff will be. You reckon you got more money than them still though? Just write them a cheque, go on, $100, Dear Cryptic, spend it wise.

Is there something you have found in STO that deserves extra money? I'm amazed. I admit, if certain things in Season 6 turn out good I may subscribe again. But I wouldn't buy c-store items that I don't need to be charitable.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 AM.