Lt. Commander
Basicly, I tried having them pointed in the right directions and having wander weight, speed and duration cranked... but even after a test publish of a map they just sort of sat there lazily until I wondered up to have a look, and rather than engaging eachother as they were supposed to, they just laid the smack down on me instead when I got closer. Is there a maximum value past which the above variables will "break" that I need to be aware of? Would using invisible walls as "rails" work to ensure travel in the right direction?

Also, is there any way to have a non-Federation mob appear friendly without reskinning?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Space wander seems to be broken. Currently if you want ships to engage each other, you have to put them close together.

I believe it was dstahl who said in a recent Q&A that one of the incoming Season 6 improvements was a system where can tell npcs where to go. I for one am looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 12:52 PM
What I did in a similar situation is to have the two forces spawn right next to each other (within their blue influence spheres on the map) just as the player gets the instruction to head there. This way they have just begun the engagement as you arrive so long as its not too far away.