Lt. Commander
As do all players looking for factions past the KDF, like Romulans and Cardassians.

Almost 2.5 years in and there is still no plan for the KDF, yet when asked about other factions Dan tells us it wouldn't be fair to add another faction while the KDF is as it is. While I think that is fair, I don't think its fair to leave it up in the air.

With no plan and knowing from past communication that lead times are 6-12 months, it probably wouldn't be too far off to say if there was a plan created today it would still be 12-18 months before it could be completed and implemented.

Since we are told its hard to schedule resources for KDF since that hinders development of content that can be used by everyone, it seems very unlikely that a third faction can be developed alongside the KDF, which means even if there was a plan for the Romulan Star Empire today, it would probably another 18-24 months before that would come out. And add additional 18-24 months for every faction past that. And this is probably the best case scenario.

KDF completion at 3.5 years in is not acceptable.

RSE addition at 5.5 years in is not acceptable.

Cardassians and beyond at a point where most MMOs are reaching their twilight years is not acceptable.

KDF players, and all players that hope for their favorite faction deserve better then a someday, we deserve a plan.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 04:11 PM
I do not see this pay to play being any different then when it was purely subscription driven.

Personally I would rather see there be releases like in Everquest of yearly or bi yearly where one pays up to 50 or more dollars for a whole buttload of content.

This trickle flow of content is the death of this game. I meet so many new players and all they can say is that this game is great but it is not very deep....very expansive for a game that is 2 years old.

I am still waiting to see the F2p benefits as it has only been f2p for a short time but am certain nothing will change...

I know many would love to see an expansion release that is purely KDF..I would spend 50+ dollars for that.......not some silly kdf ship and its 3 variants.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 04:22 PM
The KDF, and the game in general, need a lot of things.

Too bad they are not likely to ever appear.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
KDF timeline will be somthing along the lines of between hell freezing over and never.

Everytime someone mentions romulans as playable the marker goes closer to never as they (kdf) are ingame whereas a new faction would generate more cash via the store.

Dont be so hasty begging for more races/factions since those will be confused as content and you'll be stuck doing the same old stuff with the same old bugs only with a reskinned player character and ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
The developers said that the Klingon timeline will be completed on February 31st, 2013.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Yes, please finish the KDF. I recently created a KDF toon and am starting to agree with posters all over the forums. Silly things like finishing a random incursion against the Hyrogen, and having a bright peppy Andorian Star Fleet officer confirm my order to leave the sector. Kinda takes you out of the momment...

Most of the KDF missions I have done (just about to start Alpha) have been awsome and was a great change after completing two Starfleet goody 2 shoes toons. The KDF have so much potential and it would be a crying shame if it is not completed.

Please Cryptic, for the sake of this game and it's long term success, finish what you have started.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2012, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusashorn
The developers said that the Klingon timeline will be completed on February 31st, 2013.
I was going to say "Half past never", but that also works.

Or, "Right before they release the Romulan faction", am I right?

/I'm not against Romulans... it's just that it has a snowball's chance in H-E-double hockey sticks, just like finishing the KDF.