Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-01-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace

N/A DS9& TAS: I've seen like three episodes between the two, that's not enough to judge. They don't look as terrible as people say they are though.
you are doing yourself a disservice by not watching ds9. its not for everybody and the ones who hate it do rag on it quite a bit but it often tops the polls ive seen for the best trek series. get past the slower first season and it starts to hit top form very quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
Movies

First Contact - easily the best in my view.
Generations -plot holes and problems aside i just love the film.
XI - again plot holes but very enjoyable film.
Undiscovered country - great plot and some superb dialogue.
Wrath of khan - solid film, although i dont think its as quite as good as many claim it to be.
The Journey home - enjoyable feel good film.
Insurrection - better than it gets credit for.
Nemesis - A mixed bag but the last hour is solid.
Search for Spock - Ok film, nothing special.
Final frontier - again passable film.
The motion picture - only seen it once to be fair but I found it boring as hell.

TV

DS9 - the best star trek for me and possibly one of the best shows of all time. had the lot and got seriously epic towards the end.
TNG - Put star trek back on the map. Iffy eps early on but some true classics in the middle. runs ds9 very close.
Voy - good solid entertainment. very enjoyable for the most part.
Enterprise - good and bad. picked up towards the end and deserved more seasons.
TOS - not a fan, was before my time as a child and now just looks cheesy and overblown acting.
I pretty much agree 99% with this. We have a very similar taste in Star Trek my friend. Love First Contact, DS9 and TNG and in exactly the order you put them in. +1 to you sir
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
TV shows:
1st. DS9 - Favorite. Politics, action, Adventure, Humor and morality with conflicted characters.
2nd. TNG - Opinion has improved from average to very good. Exploring, Q contact, Lwaxana Troi vs Picard.
3rd. VOY - Okay, but not great. Exploring, Borg, Kazon, action and conflict almost too much. bad ending.
ENT - Average. Nothing special, there are some good and bad episodes, but i watch it from time to time.
Last. TOS - Horrible. i could never get into the original series, its just so absurdly funny and far from serious.

Films:
1st. Undiscovered country - Intrigue and deception with Klingons and action.
2nd. Nemesis - Intrigue and deception with action.
3rd. Insurrenction - Average, but what really got it so high is Ru'afo's scream on the holodeck ship .
Motion Picture - Exploring, Intrigue and the massive ship built around a tiny probe.
Wrath of Khan - Average at best. however, good action and deception, but no intrigue.
Last. XI - Horrible. i never took it seriously, the bad guy was amazingly transparent 1d and predictable, nothing in it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
you are doing yourself a disservice by not watching ds9. its not for everybody and the ones who hate it do rag on it quite a bit but it often tops the polls ive seen for the best trek series. get past the slower first season and it starts to hit top form very quickly.
Sacrifice of Angels was BAMF. But that's pretty much the only one I've seen.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, DS9 really picked up after "The Jem'Hadar", that scene with the Odyssey...
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM
I am still trying to watch DS9 all the way through. The only show I refuse to watch more of is Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I am still trying to watch DS9 all the way through. The only show I refuse to watch more of is Enterprise
Your loss, ENT has some great moments.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
Been re watching allot of DS9, it is such a good show. Way of the Warrior, Sacrifice of Angels, The Die is Cast, In the Pale Moonlight, The Search, and of course, The Magnificent Ferengi, all such great episodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I'm not a big Enterprise fan either, but there are allot of good episodes in the last season. There is a 3 story series with renegade human augments, starring Brent Spiner as Dr. Soong. It's very entertaining and begins with "Borderland". Also a 2 part story set in the mirror universe called "In a Mirror Darkly", again very entertaining.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow
Also a 2 part story set in the mirror universe called "In a Mirror Darkly", again very entertaining.
In a Mirror Darkly is ENT's best, but there re great episodes in each season.

Though I would never recommend anyone ever watch TATV, I throw that in the let's pretend this didn't happen pile.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrobbiec
Though I would never recommend anyone ever watch TATV, I throw that in the let's pretend this didn't happen pile.
I didn't like TATV for a long time, even though it was based around one of my favorite TNG episodes. I was listening to a podcast and they talked about when they filmed it they had no idea it would be their last episode, they were told they were renewed for another season. As such it was meant to be a season's end cliffhanger and not a final episode. After I heard this TATV made more sense and I lost allot of my hate for it.