Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Is this viable for elite stfs? Something like... 1 DDB of tetryon and 2 transphasic up front, with 2-3 transphasic in the rear with maybe one tricolbalt? If so what do you reccomend my build to be?

I was going to make my soverign into a beam boat but, i wanted to try something different first.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2012, 03:24 PM
My RSV runs 3 Quantums up front with a Tric and 2 Disruptor Turrets in back.

I have enough Projectile DOffs at the moment to make it so I'm usually firing one quantum a second, and I rely on Sci Shield Buster powers (two Tachyon Beam 3 copies, two Tractor Beam 1 copies with TB officer, and Charged Particle Burst 3) to deal with things like Spheres and Cubes.

To lay it out...

Quantum Torp Mk XI / Quantum Torp Mk XI / Quantum Torp Mk XI
Tri-cobalt Mk XI / Disruptor Mk XI Anti-Borg / Disruptor Mk XI Anti-Borg

RCS / Borg Console
Flow Cap / Flow Cap / Part Gen / Part Gen
Quantum Torp Console / Quantum Torp Console / Quantum Torp Console

LT Tac: Tac Team / Attack Pattern: Beta 1
Ensign Tac: Torpedo High Yield 1

LT Eng: Emergency Power to Shields 1 / 2

LTC Sci: Tractor 1 / Hazard Emitters 2 / Tachyon 3

CMDR Sci: Tractor 1 / Transfer Shield Strength 2 / Tachyon 3 / Charged Particle Burst 3

It's not difficult at all (in regular STF's) to surf 25% hull with this setup using my level 50 Tactical Captain (though it'd be nice if I could have Tactical Fleet, though my Cappie seems bugged and devoid of it; no, it's not on my powers list). I can get upwards of 90k damage crits out of the Tric, and regularly can lop off 10-20k a hit per quantum fired. Put bluntly, it's not hard to smash structures / spheres while popping shields where necessary for my team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2012, 05:44 PM
What do you think of rapid fire transphasics for the shield pen bonus? And why disruptors?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2012, 09:11 PM
If your running a Science Torpedo Boat, your not worrying about Shields so you use either Photons for ultimate Rapidfire mode or Quantums for big hits.

Tachyon Beams, Tractor Beams and max Aux will get rid of their Shields. Leaving vulnerable bare hull making Transphasics not nessecary.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2012, 09:15 PM
As abovesaid, skip transphasics, they're nerfed in this game and do absolutely no useful damage whatsoever.

Quantums work great for an RSV and I do run an RSV with TT1 / TS1 / HY2 and its job is to quantum spam things to oblivion. It uses the Omega 2 pc set for the useful Tetyron rider ability.

I switch between 125 auxiliary and 125 weapons power settings several times a minute. Basically fire deflector abilities (GW, TKR etc) with 125 aux for maximum effectiveness then full power to weapons. Torpedo spam is full time and I find the RSV has enough turnrate to rotate between front and aft torpedoes so one quantum launcher fore and aft was "adequate". This is not a ship to stationary tank the enemy anyway so I keep moving fast and have little survivability issues.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabba2087
What do you think of rapid fire transphasics for the shield pen bonus? And why disruptors?
The Disruptor proc has a 2.5% chance to apply a 10% damage resistance debuff to the enemy, and turrets have a chance to proc on every bolt, if I remember right...

Take a look at Cygone's Intrepid Build: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265786 for ideas on how to set it up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post
The Disruptor proc has a 2.5% chance to apply a 10% damage resistance debuff to the enemy, and turrets have a chance to proc on every bolt, if I remember right...

Take a look at Cygone's Intrepid Build: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265786 for ideas on how to set it up.
Exactly, I based it on Cygone's Intrepid, in fact.

The way the proc works is that they check once per firing cycle to see if you've applied the DR debuff. Turrets fire fast, so this adds up to fair number of chances pretty quickly. Since they're anti-borg, they'll occaisionally do an extra 1k damage. This is fairly useful as I never run anything into weapons on this ship. Also, like Attack Pattern: Beta, the DR debuff improves my whole team's damage versus the target, and nets a nice overall spike in damage.

I use 2 MACO for the improved power cooldowns, which helps to keep my offense rolling. The whole ship is optimized around torpedo bombardment. I've had a few people claim I wasn't doing anything useful in STF's... until a fully buffed HY1 Tric hit a transformer on Khitomer and took about 1/5 of its health off.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Ahhh really good to know! Thanks. Tractors drain shields? Didnt know that. Thats good, i like quantums a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Ahhh really good to know! Thanks. Tractors drain shields? Didnt know that. Thats good, i like quantums a lot.
Yes, but you need Tractor Beam Officer doff for that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Tractor Beams & The Tractor Beam DOFF, for shield drain.

2 Projectile DOFFs, 1 Tractor Beam DOFF & 2 Dev Lab Sci DOFFs are what Cygone's build uses.

I'm not so sure about the Dev Labs, but the Projectile and Tractor are key to the build. I'd probably run a Transporter officer to use TSS (Transfer Shield Strength) to ged rid of the Borg Boarding parties. Works well on yourself and others.

This is one of the few builds I could actually see using Aux to Battery on and that may make a Technician a viable DOFF.

I hope people appreciate the links.