Lt. Commander
# 1 Dabo for Lockboxs
06-01-2012, 05:36 AM
I replied to a thread a while ago about if there was a way to make lockboxs acceptable in game, and my thoughts were to use Dabo. Instead of having the lock boxs be a random drop to spam the everloving knickers off of us, why not make it something to be played for instead, and better still, utilise the currently mostly unused GPL i have broken it down into what i think, is a very easy to use and probably enjoyable method of having these lockboxs around
These is how i see it working:

Play Dabo as normal
You can Always Earn GPL
You have a low to medium chance to win a lockbox on payouts (medium for green, Low for Purple/gold)
You have a low chance to Win a Key on Dabos
You can trade GPL for Lockboxs.
You still can buy Keys through C-Store

I think doing it this way means those who Want to try their luck with the lockboxs, can go and do it, and those who dont want to see lockboxs everyday, wont. Personally i think its a win win situationwhich will give a new use for GPL and make a few more folk play Dabo at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-01-2012, 06:09 AM
I do not like this idea at all, mainly because it sounds like gambling. Well lets face it....its gambling and online gambling is just wrong. I like the idea of a lock box, not really fond of the master key prices and not really happy we need a key to unlock a box as well. I like the idea though that are trying to think of ways to bring more fun way to play with the lock boxes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Well Dabo itself is gambling all im doing is suggesting that instead of the constant spamming of lockboxs in STFs and such put it somewhere where if people WANT to access it, they can, if people dont want to, they can avoid them, i dont like having gambling spam in my emails so why should i have it in a game? The lockboxs them selves are in a way gambling, but more, lottery ticket style gambling, which in itself is fine to me, but if i dont wish to take part in it, i like to have the option, not have to keep passing or deleting them from my inventory because they are always there.
You yourself said you dont like online gambling, So logic would dictate that you avoid it, you dont go to online gambling sites, or play Dabo whatever. Im just looking at ways for lockboxs to remain in the game (they wont be going anywhere no matter how much we complain) but wont be an annoyance to those who are not interested in them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaLlama2010
I do not like this idea at all, mainly because it sounds like gambling. Well lets face it....its gambling and online gambling is just wrong. I like the idea of a lock box, not really fond of the master key prices and not really happy we need a key to unlock a box as well. I like the idea though that are trying to think of ways to bring more fun way to play with the lock boxes.
Lockboxes are gambling, they are the exact same thing as a scratch off lotto ticket you can buy at most any gas station.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelev
Lockboxes are gambling, they are the exact same thing as a scratch off lotto ticket you can buy at most any gas station.
Except you know the odds of winning with a scratch off lottery ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-01-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't like the "chance to win a lockbox" but I do think mystery boxes should be purchasable for GPL. That currency needs a sink.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2012, 07:20 AM
And lottery tickets dont drop randomly and shout "BUY ME!"
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-01-2012, 07:52 AM
I'd simply suggest adding them to the GPL store.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-01-2012, 08:04 AM
Its possble, but im just trying to make things more entertaining as well
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-01-2012, 09:21 AM
yes lock boxes are not gambling. If you choose to purchase a key and then open a box with it that would be considered gambling what this guy proposes is a complete gambling scenerio. I think they need to remove the master key and make the number of ships and other good drops very very low.