Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Whats the point of PVP?
06-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I have played many mmo's and have mainly pvp'd in all of them - but in STO what is the point? You join a queue and either get joined to a pro team who have qued together and win, or get joined to new team who lose while you try to explain how to at least get some kills. There needs to be seperate queues for made teams and randoms or there is no incentive for new players to join.

I joined sto after it went ftp as i no longer have the time to invest in a pay game (work commitments) and would still like to play against Rl players - but if the current imbalance persists I (like many new players to sto) will leave, and let the premade teams queue by themselves for hours on end waiting for a battle but with the warm feeling they get from not losing single batlle!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Its a long term issue that is going to be resolved. Any of those pro teams are very friendly and will be more than happy to take you under their wing and team up with you any time so you dont have to go into a queue alone. Just ask in OPVP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM
this is true, but......you shouldnt have to make a premade team just to have a chance a winning. what if i just feel like doing a quick pvp match? what if i dnt feel like hunting for team mates?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-02-2012, 06:29 PM
The point is to kill the enemy.

S*D
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
The point is to kill the enemy.

S*D
Understanding the point and actually execute it are two totally different things

Kkthxchnk

M*T
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
Understanding the point and actually execute it are two totally different things

Kkthxchnk

M*T

Couldn't agree more!

Kkthxchnk
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
To get better at the game, cause you certainly won't be doing that with PvE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-02-2012, 07:29 PM
The point to PvP is to challenge yourself.

I agree with the OP on almost every point. It sucks to be the new guy in STO's PvP. But once you get over that hump, PvP in STO can challenge the heck out of you, and that is a whole lot of fun. I queue up PuG often and I have had the fortune of flying with some rather good players too. My favorite games are when the match is so even you are pressured to make every move count. My second favorite are when you eke out a kill against overwhelming odds, losing all the while but giving it your best.

I'm usually not the most diplomatic player, and on occasion have been known to type with my feelings, but something keeps dragging me back to the queues.

Challenge.

Everything else is secondary.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian334
The point to PvP is to challenge yourself.

I agree with the OP on almost every point. It sucks to be the new guy in STO's PvP. But once you get over that hump, PvP in STO can challenge the heck out of you, and that is a whole lot of fun. I queue up PuG often and I have had the fortune of flying with some rather good players too. My favorite games are when the match is so even you are pressured to make every move count. My second favorite are when you eke out a kill against overwhelming odds, losing all the while but giving it your best.

I'm usually not the most diplomatic player, and on occasion have been known to type with my feelings, but something keeps dragging me back to the queues.

Challenge.

Everything else is secondary.
Too bad 99% of the PVE'ers and RP'ers here dont agree with that opinion buddy :p

Thats why only 1% PvP's.

And off that 1% a 0.5% will never understand anything and eventually disappears again back to the PVE queues.

And the rest of the 0.5% is us

Thats the simple equation.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
To get better at the game, cause you certainly won't be doing that with PvE.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian334
The point to PvP is to challenge yourself.
...and this.

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 AM.