Lt. Commander
# 1 Possible fun endgame content?
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
So, by complete accident, I stumbled upon some PVE mode that is both fun and challenging, and very easy to program.

Swarm mode!

In the Episode "The Other Side" where you go into the mirror universe to retrieve the proper Orb of Possibilities, I got a bit confused on the instructions after I crossed over Captain Ja'rod told me to help them out. So I started to fire upon the fleet of ISS ships in front of me, mixed in with resistance ships. So I kept fighting...

And Fighting...

And Fighting...

I was blowing up frigates left and right. A few battleships proced, but my Holo-ships took care of them in time. But the battle was never ending... It just kept going. IT was starting to wear me down. Heal-cooldowns were stacking up, sheild batteries were running out. It was getting intense.

Then I realized that I was suppose to go to the left and take out the ships in the dry docks

But it was so much fun! It could be a new endgame combat. You and a team of five (Or heck, maybe even solo) have to do the ultimate crowd control. Wave after wave of increasingly difficult mobs come in after you. You have a strategic standpoint, but it easily overwhelmed if you don't stand your ground. You are not able to defeat them indefinitely. Eventually the mobs will spawn 12 battleships or something and you will die the most glorious death! The point is to stand your ground for the longest time possible.

Oh, and no respawns and zerging either If you die, it will either be the end of the mission, or you have to wait until the next wave to respawn.

We can have both a ground and a space version. And a variety of different mobs. Maybe the mobs could be randomnized when you queue so that you have to adapt on the fly.

What do you think? Possible? Fun? Will they ever do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-01-2012, 02:47 PM
This sounds like the "no win scenario" mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Some missions have these where theres a fleet that you are not supposed to destroy/attack, and if you do destory some of it, they will just keep comming back, forever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace
This sounds like the "no win scenario" mission.
Oh, I guess I haven't been reading the Devs Post well enough. I have heard of the "No win scenario" but i haven't heard any details about it.

Does anyone have a link to a post about this?